Wednesday vs Doncaster 16th February 2010

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Was this the most limp performance we have given under Irvine? I was hoping we could grind out a win tonight against a team like Donny. However it sounds like we deserved to be beaten tonight.

I hope its a blip but nagging doubts such as lack of quality to come off bench and wondering where our goals will come from.

This result has sucked us right back into the poo .

We have a winnable home game on Saturday and now nothing less than 3 points will do.

Been working so only just been able to check in - poor result and sounds like an equally poor performance :sad::mad:

It's going to be a long hard slog in the next 15 cup finals - the team have shown decent character generally since AI was appointed but the hard work is only really just getting started now we're getting to the business end of the season.

Sounds like we're going to have to do much better than we did tonight and we MUST not lose against any team in touching distance of us.

Guest the mighty DRFC

Chin up lads.

You aren't the first to be steamrollered by the O'Driscoll express and you won't be the last.

Edited by the mighty DRFC

Guest owls_4_life

Was this the most limp performance we have given under Irvine? I was hoping we could grind out a win tonight against a team like Donny. However it sounds like we deserved to be beaten tonight.

I hope its a blip but nagging doubts such as lack of quality to come off bench and wondering where our goals will come from.

This result has sucked us right back into the poo .

We have a winnable home game on Saturday and now nothing less than 3 points will do.

The way we played today reminded me of us under the last days of laws.

- no shape

- no options when we had the ball

- 2nd to every ball

- gave them all the space in the world

- midfield completely absent

- gave the ball away far too much

- ball watching for the first goal

I could go on and on. Very disappointed I can take losing but not in this manner. We made them look like brasil ( and judging by their pitiful support you'd think they were travelling from Brasil)

The way we played today reminded me of us under the last days of laws.

- no shape

- no options when we had the ball

- 2nd to every ball

- gave them all the space in the world

- midfield completely absent

- gave the ball away far too much

- ball watching for the first goal

Totally agree. To say we now prepare for every match thoroughly and we all know how Donny love to knock the ball about. We backed off and backed off and allowed them to play the game like they wanted to. It was the manner of the defeat which was so disapointing. Hopefully this was just a blip, we shall see...

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Doncaster Rovers

Possession: 54-46

Shots on target: 9-10

Shots off target: 3-8

Corners: 6-9

Fouls: 11-4

Most fouls: Simek (3) Sharp (2)

Yellow cards: 1-0

Red cards: 0-0

Grant, Simek, Purse, Beevers, Spurr, Soares (Clarke 58), O'Connor, Potter, Gray (Esajas 68), Tudgay, Varney.

Subs not used: Jameson, Hinds, McAllister, Boden, Lekaj.

Well done Rovers.

Unlucky Wednesday.

Where did you get the possession figures from, we barely had the ball for over an hour!

Chin up lads.

You aren't the first to be steamrollered by the O'Driscoll express and you won't be the last.

We were awful tonight and Donny were by far the better team, we just didnt get up for it and never won the second ball, worst i've seen us play for ages, but well done Donny.

Guest bring back paulo

get your tickets for reading bought the hilton is only 49.50 for a double room on booking.com and we need a massive following to get behind the boys.

Chin up lads.

Respect DRFC and you had 4/5 key players out, you thrashed us tonight and I'm pleased to say we DON'T have to play you lot again. I dismissed the reports of your style of footy and the 'arsenal of the north' tag .............I can no longer do that after witnessing your masterful display.

However you have to admit the shots that hit the post may have changed the game.

I hope your team NEVER takes the wee wee out of the WEDNESDAY like that again.

Seriously thinking of chopping in my season ticket for one of your's like the caller on P & G but not just yet. Btw your support was good tonight now flip off NEVER want to see you play here EVER again.

Just one question why aren't you filling the 'Flatpack' every week when it's that good ?

Guest REDarmy2010

get your tickets for reading bought the hilton is only 49.50 for a double room on booking.com and we need a massive following to get behind the boys.

fair play to you lads i just got back and i thought it was a good game in the first 20 mins you could have been 2 up easy, but after that what was a 1 in 100 save from sully the game turned and we started our passing and tore you up just wasnt closin down quick enough and at 2-0 up we very rarely lose because we keep the ball so well but a good game a good result for us and we will hopefully meet again next season

Guest REDarmy2010

Respect DRFC and you had 4/5 key players out, you thrashed us tonight and I'm pleased to say we DON'T have to play you lot again. I dismissed the reports of your style of footy and the 'arsenal of the north' tag .............I can no longer do that after witnessing your masterful display.

However you have to admit the shots that hit the post may have changed the game.

Seriously thinking of chopping in my season ticket for one of your's like the caller on P & G but not just yet. Btw your support was good tonight now flip off NEVER want to see you play here EVER again.

Just one question why aren't you filling the 'Flatpack' every week when it's that good ?

because our its better atmosphere away than at home win or lose its crap at the moat always better away, we could say the same for you, being where you are in the table where are all your fans to give their backing to you lot, i no we dont fill ours but your support did look shameful tonight

Guest DonnyRover

Thanks for the kind words. The reason we don't get massive attendances is our history compared to other local teams in the last 20 years. We've lost a good 2-3 generations of fans to the likes of yourself, leeds & united etc when all 3 of you were in the premier league and we were in L2 and the conference. It's not that long ago that we were getting less then 1000 to home matches and the only shirts you saw people wearing in donny were other yorkshire teams. Like after tonights match i drove into donny off the M18 to drop a mate off on the way home in town and a car full of donny owls went passed us in the town centre giving us the bird on their way home from the match.

Slowly as we have progressed the crowds have increased because kids in the town are realising that supporing us isn't embarrassing anymore and we are on a par with every other local team nowadays.

in the last 12 years our support has increased from 1k to 10k and aslong as we continue like we are then it can only get better, especially when people see how we can play.

Micheal Gray, Tom Soares, Frankie Simek, JOC, Potter And Spurr all played shocking, didin't win a single thing all night.

midfield took a massive battering because donny had that extra man in the middle and it really showed, EE looked quite lively when he came on, ran at players and linked up well with tudgay. Same with Leon Clarke held up the ball well but no end product.

Overall we was outplayed by a quality footballing team and doncaster deserved it, terrific saves by sullivan but best team won.

Lets just bounce back on saturday and pick up a win against ipswich.

because our its better atmosphere away than at home win or lose its crap at the moat always better away, we could say the same for you, being where you are in the table where are all your fans to give their backing to you lot, i no we dont fill ours but your support did look shameful tonight

Have to hold my hands up RED, we have been alot better, I'm hoarse but there were many around me that clearly didn't give a flip after your goal went in.

We have the same problem as you have but to a lesser degree or maybe not..........we will see if the lads are up for it Satdi. I bloody well hope so !!!

Personally prefer 'away' games for that very reason. ST not being ''chopped in '' yet though.