Grant sale??

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Put yourself in Laws positions, doing everything in ya power to stay up......

Why the flip would you look at SWFC for players.

So when he was here why did he look at the players he did e.g. Clarke, Purse, Miller etc ???

Guest chaferswfc90

For the first time in years we have a good goalkeeper who we own and is never injured.

Only a Wednesday fan would think - why don't we sell him and just loan someone else.

You cant expect to stay in this league and win games when your best player is a keeper! i would be sad to see Grant go but all i was saying was if selling grant is the only way to get money to strengthen the sqaud then so be it!!!

Although i think Grant is a good keeper he could be replaced. He has alot of weaknesses in his game, and if we could get anything close to 2M for him i would bite anybodies hand off.

Having said that selling your better players in a dog fight doesnt work (have we won a game since wood left?), and a replacement must be lined up before. And the rest of the money would need to be spent on the squad to make it worthwhile.

So when he was here why did he look at the players he did e.g. Clarke, Purse, Miller etc ???

Because they were the best available for a bag of balls and a jockstrap ?

Laws would be crackers to sign any of our players with the vision of putting them in a Premiership team with the hope of staying there.

Bull poo poo!!!! weaver is a good all round consistent keeper, commands area well, organizes defence, solid shot stopper and most of all is Wednesday through and through, no stupid fancy poo saves then drops major clangers like James etc. you're obviously one of those fans that hasn't got a clue what good goalkeeping is about or realises how important a pos it is....

Burnley have got a decent keeper. In fact if Laws wants Grant, then a cash + player swap would be attractive.

Jensen is far from decent in the premiership

Grant would be a massive loss to us .. quality keeper and best we've had for a long time ..

i can see Laws sniffing round him to be fair. better then what they have

Bull poo poo!!!! weaver is a good all round consistent keeper, commands area well, organizes defence, solid shot stopper and most of all is Wednesday through and through, no stupid fancy poo saves then drops major clangers like James etc. you're obviously one of those fans that hasn't got a clue what good goalkeeping is about or realises how important a pos it is....

It's all about opinions darbo!

Whilst I believe Grant is probably one of the best keepers in the div, probably only let down by not commanding his area perhaps as well as he should, I also believe imho, Weaver is not up to the mark.

If Weaver were to be your next keeper, then I think you have serious problems for the rest of the season.

Like I say, it's all opinions!

Weaver isn't good enough - his main attribute seems to be he's a Wednesday fan....

Jensen is a competent CCC kepper - but better keepers than him have looked dodgy when stepping up to the premier

Grant isn't a premier standard keeper - but a big club could buy him for loose change (£1-2m) then stick him on the bench - Spurs do need a keeper and he could fit their bill - they also supposedly after Scott Loach who is nowhere near premier standard and would cost more than Grant.

Unless we can bring 2 or 3 decent players in - and a decent keeper - then there's no point getting rid of Grant

Hopefully he'll have to learn to throw and pass the ball out now under Irvine - instead of just punting it all the time

Weaver isn't good enough - his main attribute seems to be he's a Wednesday fan....

Jensen is a competent CCC kepper - but better keepers than him have looked dodgy when stepping up to the premier

Grant isn't a premier standard keeper - but a big club could buy him for loose change (£1-2m) then stick him on the bench - Spurs do need a keeper and he could fit their bill - they also supposedly after Scott Loach who is nowhere near premier standard and would cost more than Grant.

Unless we can bring 2 or 3 decent players in - and a decent keeper - then there's no point getting rid of Grant

Hopefully he'll have to learn to throw and pass the ball out now under Irvine - instead of just punting it all the time

Im not sure Grant is such a good keeper, that we couldnt replace him adequatley. Birch (Burch?) IMO would have been good enough, had he been given the shirt. No doubt Grant is a good keeper, but for a couple of mil, we can get a couple of better defenders, and a striker. Having a more stable back 4 is probably going to get us out of the crap, and if sacrificing Grant for Weaver/Iain Turner/AN other allows us to do that, surely thats the way we need to go.

All speculation, again, though. When theres a firm offer on the table from someone then we should be looking at it.

I know that, so why this thread?

Can we not raise funds apart from player sales?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahaha

Someone help him...................

i think hes beyond that

i shall return to laughing at him

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fvckin hope so...Controversial but Grant is overated...Weaver in!! Grant is a good shot stopper but doesn't command the defence...Please don't respond to me you cvnts, mearly put your answers on a post card to the Zooma...........