Grant sale??

It's a similar situation to a couple of seasons ago when we had to sell Whelan to strengthen in other areas.

Selling Grant and getting Turner in on a season long loan (with a view to a permanent deal) and bringing a couple of quality loanees could save our season.

GRANT TO BURNLEY - SEE BELOW

Burnley boss Brian Laws is going back to his old club Sheffield Wednesday with a £1.5million bid for keeper Lee Grant.

Laws wants to recruit his former No.1, who was voted the best in the Championship during their time together at Hillsborough.

And the new Clarets chief will be given the cash to fund the deal, although Grant's wages are quite high and may test the Burnley payroll budget.

The former England under-21 keeper could jump at the chance of a move to the Premier League where he last appeared when he was a highly-rated kid with Derby County.

Tall shot-stopper Grant could be sold by cash-strapped Wednesday but they will want a decent fee as he is in a long-term contract with them - and new boss Alan Irvine would need the price to be right.

Laws is also looking at Sheffield United contract rebel centre half Matthew Kilgallon as a possible signing, but the Blades star seems set to wait and join Everton either late in the window or on a free next summer.

Burnley could make a big offer to Kilgallon but even their best package deal would be dwarfed by the cash available at David Moyes's club.

Just wondered, with Mr Laws going to Burnley, the transfer window, the lack of investment…

Am I the only one who is worried about our squad being pillaged for little money ?

Yes, we all say ‘ get rid of Jeffers’ ‘ Tudgay has been rubbish this season’ But at the end of the day, it may be players like Grant, Beevers and O’Connor who gets bids placed for them. I for one would be worried if we let the likes of these players go.

I know we have previously sold Brunt and Whelan etc, but it has proven that we probably now have a worse squad for it, a backwards step on the field.

Please Lee, don’t let our team get ripped apart in January.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Just wondered, with Mr Laws going to Burnley, the transfer window, the lack of investment…

Am I the only one who is worried about our squad being pillaged for little money ?

Yes, we all say ‘ get rid of Jeffers’ ‘ Tudgay has been rubbish this season’ But at the end of the day, it may be players like Grant, Beevers and O’Connor who gets bids placed for them. I for one would be worried if we let the likes of these players go.

I know we have previously sold Brunt and Whelan etc, but it has proven that we probably now have a worse squad for it, a backwards step on the field.

Please Lee, don’t let our team get ripped apart in January.

"Don't let the team get ripped apart" this side have under performed all season with the exception of a few. Selling a few players to raise funds could just be what we need as long as the right players are brought in and not poor signings like Purse and Miller.

"Don't let the team get ripped apart" this side have under performed all season with the exception of a few. Selling a few players to raise funds could just be what we need as long as the right players are brought in and not poor signings like Purse and Miller.

Thats the point - we will only be selling players who have performed this season, no-one is going to buy poor performers. With the lack of investment as yet and AI needing to sell before we buy, im guessing it will be one of our betters players, such as Grant who leaves.