"A couple of our younger lads were videoing themselves on the coach the other night singing Kings of Leon songs"

By my post, i meant most of you cannot complain about what Wednesday players eat, as most of yourselves are not perfect eaters. None of us have ANY IDEA WHAT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYERS EAT.

Well we can complain seeing as we aren't being paid to play a professional sport, in which fitness is a massive factor in the job. I do have an idea of what Wednesday players eat, they can eat junk food on the coach back home if they like. That's one meal I know they can have :)Having said that, it may be a special occasion or something. I wouldn't begrudge them a treat for that. How the occasional treat will affect fitness negatively will be more than made up by the increased morale from having it. However, i'm just concerned this is a regular thing going on. I hope it isn't but I think it is.

So it's stored as fat then! The ignorance of how important diet is here is ridiculous.I wonder what Laws policy on diet is. We've had Clarke 3 years or so and he hasn't changed a bit. Wolves got rid of him because he's a lump. Wolves have been promoted. We've still got him and we're still in the championship. We're not getting the best out of these players allowing them to eat stuff like that.

It's actually good for you to eat 'bad' food once a week, while having a healthy diet. It keeps your metabolism up, therefore burns more calories. Edited by AltyOwl

After games footballers usually eat what they want and then imediately go back to strict dieting the day after. The fact there eating pizza isnt an issue - I should hope the fact that there singing isnt an issue either. And as for it finding its way on the internet it was probably intended so that Wednesday fans could watch and enjoy. It's hardly like a crack fueled team gay orgy is on the internet. People making any sort of deal are being completely stupid. This thread is atually proof that people will moan at anything.

By my post, i meant most of you cannot complain about what Wednesday players eat, as most of yourselves are not perfect eaters. None of us have ANY IDEA WHAT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYERS EAT.

At half time they have a selection of fruits and a fruit salad. They also get the option of a Mars bar and Kit Kat. Found this out on the tour as it was all on a table for them. They can request stuff too. Southampton at home last season Tommy had a flap jack for HT snack.End of the day it wont affect them as they have their own training fitness program.

At half time they have a selection of fruits and a fruit salad. They also get the option of a Mars bar and Kit Kat. Found this out on the tour as it was all on a table for them. They can request stuff too. Southampton at home last season Tommy had a flap jack for HT snack.End of the day it wont affect them as they have their own training fitness program.

Mars Bars are actually great at releasing energy quickly. It's probably better for a footballer to have a mars bar at half-time than fruit. They'll also be things like Jaffa Cakes. Stuff that have high levels of glucose (I think). As I said early a lot of footballers eat what they want after matches. See it as a sort of mini Hatton-type thing. They train and diet strictly, play, have a bit of what they want, then strictly diet, play...etc. This is no were near as bad as seeing footballers out on the lash after a game. Something that I don't see anything wrong with either. I've seen Jenas, Bramble, Sodje, Burton, Small out on Saturdays and Leon Clarke seems to be in Embrace every Saturday! People are expecting roboting levels of proffesionalism from our lot. Ridiculous. Anyone complaining about this should be embarrased.

Mars Bars are actually great at releasing energy quickly. It's probably better for a footballer to have a mars bar at half-time than fruit. They'll also be things like Jaffa Cakes. Stuff that have high levels of glucose (I think). As I said early a lot of footballers eat what they want after matches. See it as a sort of mini Hatton-type thing. They train and diet strictly, play, have a bit of what they want, then strictly diet, play...etc. This is no were near as bad as seeing footballers out on the lash after a game. Something that I don't see anything wrong with either. I've seen Jenas, Bramble, Sodje, Burton, Small out on Saturdays and Leon Clarke seems to be in Embrace every Saturday! People are expecting roboting levels of proffesionalism from our lot. Ridiculous. Anyone complaining about this should be embarrased.

agree with you. They are human at the end of the end not some robotic machine. They know what they can and cant do.

Guest JonTheOwl66

agree with you. They are human at the end of the end not some robotic machine. They know what they can and cant do.

Exactly.

Time and a place pal. Not in the public domain for sure.Read the post properly - not just the interpretation or spin you want to put on it.What is Mr Strafford's take on this?

hello grunter, please try a bit harder next time

Ok, I will see Sheffield Wednesday like Hatton, a boxer found wanting at the highest level. Quite possibly due to his poor diet inbetween fights.

The attitude seems to we're only Sheffield Wednesday it doesn't matter.

Guest OwlertonG

Most annoying for me is:How the hell did this end up in the public domain?

It would appear the You Tube account/Video came direct from the person who filmed it... that being Lee Grant ? (this is uprovedn but based on the you tube account name)

Guest britmod_owl

usain bolt ate mcdonalds chicken nuggets before he broke the world record - stats on mcnuggets - "Foods cooked in highly heated oils (most notably partially hydrogenated oil) have been known to cause cancer, weight gain and other serious health risks if ingested regularly. A 10-piece chicken McNugget from McDonald’s has 420 calories, 24 grams of fat and 1120 milligrams of sodium."Now beevers to me has never looked unfit theres only 1 pizza box between 2 possibly more people, if this was in a restraunt and he was having a pizza with missus no-one would give a poo poo.so get over your selves and find something worth moaning about!

Guest hull owl 79
:ph34r:

I'm not really sure what to make of this to be honest.On the one hand someone said that it was 'outside work hours' so they can do as they please. I don't think that it is outside work hours - they are representing the club until such time as they are dropped off and they jump into their own cars and GO HOME.Everyone is entitled to eat as they please - but if I were them on the money footballers are on, then I would be really careful to look after my already short career - everything in moderation and with the clubs nutritionists consent.Most annoying for me is:How the hell did this end up in the public domain?I can see it now:Fabio Cappello filming Steve Gerrard and Frank Lampard in a rendition of 'Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor'Want Premier league football?Want to be winners?Want a full stadium every week?Want new investment?Want to be a pillar of the community?England did not qualify for the Euro's with McClown and his chummy, chummy attitude with Stevie G, Frankie L et al.Changed the manager, improved professionalism and instilled a desire to play and win. With hard work and discipline.There is a time and a place for these things - and yes, it may be on the coach on the way home. But not on f~cking youtube.Get it sorted Wednesday.