"A couple of our younger lads were videoing themselves on the coach the other night singing Kings of Leon songs"

Well of course they wouldn't be eating it if it wasn't allowed but that's the thing, it shouldn't be allowed. It's simply one of the worst things you can have as a meal.

surely there are loads of worse things. pizza is only bread, tomatoe sauce and veggies. its better than macd's, b king, kfc, fish n chips, curry or chinese - surely?

surely there are loads of worse things. pizza is only bread, tomatoe sauce and veggies. its better than macd's, b king, kfc, fish n chips, curry or chinese - surely?

Well you're forgetting cheese which makes pizza quite terrible. Meat like pepperoni is pretty bad. I'm not sure which is the worst, probably KFC. They're all in the same bracket of foods which players should stay well away from.

I don't really care what they eat or do, personally - but aren't they all on strict diets? They are supposed to be professional athletes after all.

You wouldn't catch Arsenal/Man U/Real Madrid players scoffing pizza on a team coach. But then again....we aren't Arsenal/Man U/Real Madrid are we?

I don't really care what they eat or do, personally - but aren't they all on strict diets? They are supposed to be professional athletes after all.

You wouldn't catch Arsenal/Man U/Real Madrid players scoffing pizza on a team coach. But then again....we aren't Arsenal/Man U/Real Madrid are we?

How do you know?

How do you know?

How do I know we aren't Arsenal/Man U/ Real Madrid?! ;)I said "You wouldn't catch" - not "they definitely don't"But it's unlikely isn't it? They all have strict diets. Not saying they don't eat pizza in their own homes - but I doubt they would be allowed on the team coach. It just seems unprofessional.

i think threads like this are the reason the club wouldn't have wanted the video going public...to quote mr kelly jones "it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees"...never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

How do I know we aren't Arsenal/Man U/ Real Madrid?! ;)I said "You wouldn't catch" - not "they definitely don't"But it's unlikely isn't it? They all have strict diets. Not saying they don't eat pizza in their own homes - but I doubt they would be allowed on the team coach. It just seems unprofessional.

You mean you don't compare us to Real Madrid? sooo negative Kate :biggrin: Anyway....Is it unlikely though? we see pictures of top players boozing...and sometimes brawling :biggrin:. So why wouldn't they eat pizza? I would find it unlikely that the wednesday players eat junk food every week though- i hope they don't anyway. But some people have gone mad based on a youtube video which shows 2 pizza boxes on a table.

Maybe it's a "British" player thing.....I don't know.I'm not up in arms about it or anything. Just doesn't seem a great example to set to the kiddies. But like someone said already - it's not like they are smacking up.

You mean you don't compare us to Real Madrid? sooo negative Kate :biggrin:

Anyway....

Is it unlikely though? we see pictures of top players boozing...and sometimes brawling :biggrin:. So why wouldn't they eat pizza?

I would find it unlikely that the wednesday players eat junk food every week though- i hope they don't anyway. But some people have gone mad based on a youtube video which shows 2 pizza boxes on a table.

apologies for quoting myself but

What about "pizzagate" at Old trafford a few years ago. A few "top" players in those dressing rooms.

Ellis Rimmer & owlsup need to get a room and then a grip. Not exactly a sex tape is it?

i think threads like this are the reason the club wouldn't have wanted the video going public...

to quote mr kelly jones "it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, only takes one match to burn a thousand trees"...

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

To be honest, if they'd been playing, pizza and coke may not have been the ideal thing for them to eat during a recovery period. But as the two lads in the clip didn't actually make it onto the field, they have roger all to recover from, other than a few warm ups and warm downs. A mountain being made out of a molehill.

To be honest, if they'd been playing, pizza and coke may not have been the ideal thing for them to eat during a recovery period. But as the two lads in the clip didn't actually make it onto the field, they have roger all to recover from, other than a few warm ups and warm downs. A mountain being made out of a molehill.

So it's stored as fat then! The ignorance of how important diet is here is ridiculous.

I wonder what Laws policy on diet is. We've had Clarke 3 years or so and he hasn't changed a bit. Wolves got rid of him because he's a lump. Wolves have been promoted. We've still got him and we're still in the championship. We're not getting the best out of these players allowing them to eat stuff like that.

So it's stored as fat then! The ignorance of how important diet is here is ridiculous.I wonder what Laws policy on diet is. We've had Clarke 3 years or so and he hasn't changed a bit. Wolves got rid of him because he's a lump. Wolves have been promoted. We've still got him and we're still in the championship. We're not getting the best out of these players allowing them to eat stuff like that.

yawn

Guest JonTheOwl66

Wednesday players aren't unfit.Most of you are probably unfit yourselves. So in future don't criticize as they are guaranteed to be fitter than most of you regardless of what they eat.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Since when has the average man been the person we compare Wednesday players against?

By my post, i meant most of you cannot complain about what Wednesday players eat, as most of yourselves are not perfect eaters. None of us have ANY IDEA WHAT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY PLAYERS EAT.

Guest JonTheOwl66

They are normal men, who have to be fit for their job. Eating a pizza and drinking coke once a week isn't going to make any better or worse. As they will be following strict diets for the rest of the week.x