"A couple of our younger lads were videoing themselves on the coach the other night singing Kings of Leon songs"

Typical.What is meant to be a "fun" topic about a couple of young players having a laugh on a long coach journey from Palace, has been turned into a flipping embarrassment.All because some people think it's wrong for players to be having a laugh and eating pizza.

WTF are they doing eating Dominos Pizza? FFS.

PLayers of ANY team are allowed to eat anything they want after a match! then the day after its back to training, otherwise theyd soon get fed up with being on strict diets & being treat like robots!!Give the lads a f-in break!!! theyre young lads having a laugh, You lot need to realise that they are people and not machines whos only purpose is to play football and entertain us lot!!Jeeeeees you lot make me angry sometimes!!

I'm not really sure what to make of this to be honest.On the one hand someone said that it was 'outside work hours' so they can do as they please. I don't think that it is outside work hours - they are representing the club until such time as they are dropped off and they jump into their own cars and GO HOME.Everyone is entitled to eat as they please - but if I were them on the money footballers are on, then I would be really careful to look after my already short career - everything in moderation and with the clubs nutritionists consent.Most annoying for me is:How the hell did this end up in the public domain?I can see it now:Fabio Cappello filming Steve Gerrard and Frank Lampard in a rendition of 'Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor'Want Premier league football?Want to be winners?Want a full stadium every week?Want new investment?Want to be a pillar of the community?England did not qualify for the Euro's with McClown and his chummy, chummy attitude with Stevie G, Frankie L et al.Changed the manager, improved professionalism and instilled a desire to play and win. With hard work and discipline.There is a time and a place for these things - and yes, it may be on the coach on the way home. But not on f~cking youtube.Get it sorted Wednesday.

Totally agree with this - if this is after Palace, where a draw wasnt too bad, it shows what pizza and coke does to you, get thumped by Derby!

Everyone on this thread is completely missing the point - one player has filmed two others on the team bus which has then found it's way into the public domain. It's not good practice.As for the point after the 4-4 draw at Millwall - many players in the 60's had a pint and a *** or two at half time - so does that make it ok to do it now?It's not what is acceptable to others or where the game is now. It's about us, our players, our fitness levels and where the game will be in the future - that way we are/can be one step in front of the rest of the pack. It's the only way the be ahead.End of thread.

Guest kop_owl

End of thread.

What? Because you say so?Oh no, the whole youtube world knows our players aren't boring, mundane fvckers who eenjoy each others company :mellow: Maybe next time Brian should put them all in straight jackets until they get off the coach, that way they won't be able to enjoy themselves and show the whole youtube world that morale within the team is high. lol

Everyone on this thread is completely missing the point - one player has filmed two others on the team bus which has then found it's way into the public domain. It's not good practice.As for the point after the 4-4 draw at Millwall - many players in the 60's had a pint and a *** or two at half time - so does that make it ok to do it now?It's not what is acceptable to others or where the game is now. It's about us, our players, our fitness levels and where the game will be in the future - that way we are/can be one step in front of the rest of the pack. It's the only way the be ahead.End of thread.

A point very well made.I'm not against them having a laugh and what notBut when you pay your money to see them, you'd like to think they're training and eating as well as possible and getting the best preparation for games, after all, they're pro footballers and the money they earn should be a great consolation for not being able to eat pizza for the next ten years or so.

A point very well made.I'm not against them having a laugh and what notBut when you pay your money to see them, you'd like to think they're training and eating as well as possible and getting the best preparation for games, after all, they're pro footballers and the money they earn should be a great consolation for not being able to eat pizza for the next ten years or so.

What load of gonads.Paying your money does not give you or me the right the dictate what a football player can and can't eat. I'm sure every footballer in the world has a cheeky chocolate bar, or a burger, or a packet of crisps every now and then. Maybe they only had one slice each throughout the coach? Is that ok with you?If they were fat fooks and couldn't run about for 90 mins then fair enough, but they aren't fat and unfit are they?

Thank you.I'm not really that bothered about the junk food bit. It's really the filming part that gets me. Although I do wonder whether salt and fat loaded food is the best thing after playing sport? Any diet type people among us? Surely after a strenuous work out other types of food would help the body recover quicker ready for the next game (not that they will need it after the performance against Derby!)Managers are continually complaining about the hectic playing schedule, and many of those managers have loads of players to choose from. A paper thin squad should mean fitness is even MORE paramount. Keep the junk food/few pints for a midweek between weekend games? Or a more appropriate slot in the schedule? In the international break?As for the clip - whatever happens off the pitch should stay that way in my opinion. The supporting public are watching all the time. It's not the fact of what was being filmed - it's the point of something else could have been filmed which maybe more damaging. Has the club not learned it's lessons?We do not need the potential for any further embarrassment for the club. Surely there is a policy for this type of thing? There is where I work for sure.On this occasion it's not offensive (Kings of Leon may not think so) but it just shows how easy it could be...................

Thank you.I'm not really that bothered about the junk food bit. It's really the filming part that gets me. Although I do wonder whether salt and fat loaded food is the best thing after playing sport? Any diet type people among us? Surely after a strenuous work out other types of food would help the body recover quicker ready for the next game (not that they will need it after the performance against Derby!)Managers are continually complaining about the hectic playing schedule, and many of those managers have loads of players to choose from. A paper thin squad should mean fitness is even MORE paramount. Keep the junk food/few pints for a midweek between weekend games? Or a more appropriate slot in the schedule? In the international break?As for the clip - whatever happens off the pitch should stay that way in my opinion. The supporting public are watching all the time. It's not the fact of what was being filmed - it's the point of something else could have been filmed which maybe more damaging. Has the club not learned it's lessons?We do not need the potential for any further embarrassment for the club. Surely there is a policy for this type of thing? There is where I work for sure.On this occasion it's not offensive (Kings of Leon may not think so) but it just shows how easy it could be...................

Do you think it would be on You Tube if it was offensive? I don't...You're really making a meal out of this aren't you? It's two young lads having a laugh for god sake...leave it at that.

I couldn't care less what they do eat, but when players' fitness has been called into question time and again, and given how much pro footballers earn, they should really be eating more carefully. Certainly other professional athletes wouldn't eat pizza even as a treat.It's hardly crime of the century, obviously. Oh, and I like Dominos pizza. ham and mushroom with some of the garlic dip ta.

What load of gonads.Paying your money does not give you or me the right the dictate what a football player can and can't eat. I'm sure every footballer in the world has a cheeky chocolate bar, or a burger, or a packet of crisps every now and then. Maybe they only had one slice each throughout the coach? Is that ok with you?If they were fat fooks and couldn't run about for 90 mins then fair enough, but they aren't fat and unfit are they?

Well we aren't doing well at the moment. Maybe fitness is an issue. A couple of seasons ago lots of people talked about Beevers as a potential England player, and definately somebody who be playing in the PL. That doesn't happen so much now, maybe his diet is a factor in this. Mark Beevers is a big lad but when you see him you don't think he's looking in great shape do you?I never said I have the right to control the players diet, (though after seeing this I reckon they would be better off if I did). Anyway, I said you would like to think they're eating pretty much perfectly, you are what you eat afterall.Also, I don't mean to sound gay or anything. But when a top team like Chelsea finish a game, look at the bodies they have, much better than our players, Gray is pretty fit (but he was a top player), Sodje, but most of the team is not impressive. Wednesday are pro like Chelsea, they may not have as much skill but they should be as fit. Edited by Ellis Rimmer

Guest Wildman1867

Totally agree with this - if this is after Palace, where a draw wasnt too bad, it shows what pizza and coke does to you, get thumped by Derby!

FFS Get a life, if you stand outside the players entrance after a home match you can see both sets of players home and away eating pizza after the game , don't know if it's something to do with the carbs or not, but i seriously don't think that the club would let them eat the stuff if it wasn't allowed. This has been blown out of all proportion it's just a couple of young uns having a laugh and showing a bit of team bonding i agree with other posts on here what would you prefer players who just sit and don't talk to each other or players showing a bit of team spirit and having a bit of banter. FFS grow up

FFS Get a life, if you stand outside the players entrance after a home match you can see both sets of players home and away eating pizza after the game , don't know if it's something to do with the carbs or not, but i seriously don't think that the club would let them eat the stuff if it wasn't allowed. This has been blown out of all proportion it's just a couple of young uns having a laugh and showing a bit of team bonding i agree with other posts on here what would you prefer players who just sit and don't talk to each other or players showing a bit of team spirit and having a bit of banter. FFS grow up

Well of course they wouldn't be eating it if it wasn't allowed but that's the thing, it shouldn't be allowed. It's simply one of the worst things you can have as a meal.