David Prutton

Guest Thurgowland

Does anyone know what 'having a medical' entails?

I've always wondered.

Basically a full body M.O.T assesment of the candidate. All previous injuries taken into consideration, cost effective treatment if any, resting pulse rate, B.M.I etc

Basically a full body M.O.T assesment of the candidate. All previous injuries taken into consideration, cost effective treatment if any, resting pulse rate, B.M.I etc

Phil O'Donnell, Simon Donnelly, Wade Small and Francis Jeffers must have used stunt doubles.

:biggrin:

Does anyone know what 'having a medical' entails?

I've always wondered.

I think the main purpose of it is extensive tests on joints, bones, muscles etc to make sure there are no serious injuries waiting to happen.

So you would assume there is a lot of twisting and bending of joints to see how they react under extreme exercise. Sprints, SAQ's etc.

Any past injuries are probably checked via ultrasound and/or X-Ray too, to try and ensure there is limited possibility of a recurrence. (Thanks Francis, your hamstrings are fine- here's a contract worth 10k a week. :dry: )

Scram is the man for real information though i'm sure.

Phil O'Donnell, Simon Donnelly, Wade Small and Francis Jeffers must have used stunt doubles.

:biggrin:

Well it was O'Donnell who first got me wondering what a 'medical' involved because he possibly had a serious heart problem which was never picked up in any medical.