Corners

We had about 10 today and didn't look like getting anything from any of them. I think Derby cleared all of them. 

It's not a negative but more of an observation that as a team we seem to have limited chances to score (which isn't all bad as we have been terrifically solid so far) and I feel that at times in the past we have been able to rely on set pieces for goals. 

Maybe as we have vastly improved as a footballing team, working hard on the ball and playing some decent stuff, that we have perhaps lost some of the set piece threat that we have carried over the last 3-4 seasons. I'd accept that as compensation for a lot of the positive football we are providing. 

Food for thought. 

Maguire had a pretty average game today and he can be a match winner for us, if his FK that hit the bar had have gone in it would have been a different game. 

We've gone from having one of the tallest to one of the smallest teams in the league in two years

Only loovens and Nuhiu are 6 foot plus out of the starters today

It's very true although the likes of Palmer, Lees and Mattock are around the 6 foot mark. 

It could be seen as wasteful to take more short corners but it could be a way of playing to our strengths. Rather than lumping it in 10 times and Lee Grant or Jake Buxton and Keogh tw4tting it up the pitch everytime. 

We've not had a good corner taker since Lines. They were floaty. But at least they were accurate.

Maguire's are floaty and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to attack or get near them apart from the opposition. Slightly disappointing for me but I'm being a bit perfectionist. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Maguire's are floaty and it doesn't seem like anyone wants to attack or get near them apart from the opposition. Slightly disappointing for me but I'm being a bit perfectionist.

Maguires are floaty....when he manages to get it off the ground.

I'd see about getting Palmer to take them. Definitely the best crosser of a ball we have.

Guest Deleted member

Hutchinson was unmarked at the corner of the area for virtually every single one of our corners. Would have lived us to roll the ball to him for a few of them

An accepted fact that long hair can make players look shorter.

A 1950's style short back and sides and I think we'd all see Mr Lees true height.

Also leg dimension plays a part too.

Carlton Palmer was only 6"3. However, 5 foot of this was leg, giving the general impression that he was around 7"2.

Add to this mix his close cropped golf ball head and you're looking at an impressive mirage of around 7"6 from the stands.