Full backs

Pep Guardiola insists Manchester City's £120m outlay on full backs was necessary in the current transfer market.

Looks like any defender will come at a premium, Carlos has already said that Defenders don't come cheap . Some people on here want two full backs and two centre backs, i cannot see this happening. I think K Lee could easily do a job and right back, short term Hutchinson could fill in at CB with Lees (if fit) so who do you think will be out left back for the first game ?

31 minutes ago, Owl14 said:

It has to be fox for me if we play reach on the wing but if it's Nando on the wing put reach at left back 

pudil bench untill he deserves the shirt 

Pudil and Fox both blew hot and very cold last season. I hope its Reach behind FF and sometimes behind Boyd.

Fox showed promise on occasions, but his poor games were dreadful.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Pudil and Fox both blew hot and very cold last season. I hope its Reach behind FF and sometimes behind Boyd.

Fox showed promise on occasions, but his poor games were dreadful.

Problem is I will be surprised if Carlos is going to go with Reach and Forestieri in any of the tougher games and that's where Fox and Pudil were getting undone, against Quality. Never seen anyone roast a defender like Knockaert did to Pudil last season.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is I will be surprised if Carlos is going to go with Reach and Forestieri in any of the tougher games and that's where Fox and Pudil were getting undone, against Quality. Never seen anyone roast a defender like Knockaert did to Pudil last season.

Really odd. Pudil had some belters and some utter stinkers. On occasions he looked to be wading thru cement.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Another horror LB show was Reading at home v Kermogant. Who was it that might?

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Really odd. Pudil had some belters and some utter stinkers. On occasions he looked to be wading thru cement.

When up against any type of pace in behind his positional sense is atrocious its like he dont know where they have gone and anyone who can shift the ball quickly with their feet will always glide past him aswell. 

It's what stops him being a very good left back in my opinion.

Our full backs are just fine We can't play the Manchester City way, not because of the full backs, but because of the whole bloody team. It's like when people suggest we play the Chelsea way. The movement of both of those clubs forward players, make our front players look like friggin statues. We don't play in an expansive way, it's all about keeping a solid block which just shuffles from one side to the other, slowly working our way up the pitch. That's why we don't go for quick players

Edited by gurujuan