2 CENTRE BACKS?!

I know I'm a bit late but I can't get over only having lees and loovens at centre back. I can't see Hutchinson playing there. In my opinion I think we need at least 2 more. Sorry if that sounded negative, not my intention just wanted to get it off my chest. UTO

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I'm sure we will but the defence wasn't at fault this season 

It wasn't for the most part, but there was one glaring weakness, the amount of goals we conceded to six yard box headers. Also, a major part of our defensive strategy was the defensive work the attacking players were asked to do, sometimes it seemed, at the expense of their day job. Next season, I think we'd all like to see the shackles on our creative players/strikers, released a bit.

Yes, it's still important that we defend from the front, but I'd like to see a bit more responsibility passed on to those who's primary job is to defend. For me, this warrants us signing a dominant centre back, and at least one combative midfielder

4 hours ago, TheGiantOwl said:

I know I'm a bit late but I can't get over only having lees and loovens at centre back. I can't see Hutchinson playing there. In my opinion I think we need at least 2 more. Sorry if that sounded negative, not my intention just wanted to get it off my chest. UTO

Can't believe you are flapping when the transfer window opens in June and we are at least 2 months from our next game tbh.

40 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I see.

I'm sure it's not just something that was ignored...

No probably not, in fact our pursuit of Hanley shows that it wasn't We missed out on Hanley, and the situation wasn't properly resolved

Edited by gurujuan

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No probably not, in fact our pursuit of Hanley shows that it wasn't We missed out on Hanley, and the situation wasn't properly resolved

I think that was the biggest factor of the season.

Carlos has previously indicated with a stronger defence the team would have been more open in attack...

Edited by slinger208b

Guest Kagoshimaowl

We will bring in one and it may cost us a bit.  Loovens will then move to the bench and Hutch will play there when needed.  One is enough as long as we get a defensive midfielder in.

100% need 2 central defenders. Hanley has been a target of Carlos' before so id be shocked if he was too not make a move! He likes to keep an eye on players till he gets them. 

Maybe Bartley at Swansea? Now Monk has gone from Leeds and I highly doubt he will stay at Swansea not they've stayed up. 

10 hours ago, TheGiantOwl said:

Yet we have one of the best defences in the league and a good strike force too. What we need is someone to control midfield with vision and anticipation