Carlos to Stay!!!!

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

6th last season.

4th this season.

Same improvement next season and we will finish 2nd.

Edited by RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmowl said:

Fishing.

Never. Sack him tomorrow please. Wasted the squad of dreams.

Which he put together.

What would Man UTD have achieved had they sacked Sir Alex after his second season?

No it's not fishing pal, it's just an understanding of football and what stability brings. Carlos is making steady progress and has improved us so much in 2 seasons.

Your pathetic short sighhtness is what could have us watching a Pardew or McLaren team. Well done.

5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Which he put together.

What would Man UTD have achieved had they sacked Sir Alex after his second season?

No it's not fishing pal, it's just an understanding of football and what stability brings. Carlos is making steady progress and has improved us so much in 2 seasons.

Your pathetic short sighhtness is what could have us watching a Pardew or McLaren team. Well done.

He put together with what? DC's millions.

Then did What with it? Sat it on the bench.

£5m playing. £20m on the bench. Farce!

I'd give him another year too. I wanted him gone in the international break, but I've changed my views. The key player is clearly Hooper, and with him we'd probably be heading into the final now. Had he been fit all season then who knows? We're not Real Madrid. I wanted him out because I didn't think the link players would make such a difference; I was wrong. The recruitment was not great, but was that down to Carlos? It's the defence which needs strengthening. It looks strong at present because we've been negative to protect it. But if we want to play open attacking football (which Carlos understands), then we'll need better defenders.

All about opinions football. I think everyone is making rash and sudden statements tonight which in a few days time, may look back on in a different light. Let's just let the dust settle then re-evaluate in 2 weeks time with clearer heads.

Does Carvahal believe in himself to finish the job off here at Wednesday? Does Chansiri have faith in him leading the club to where we all want to be? I'm sure the answers will come out soon enough. For what it's worth I really dont know what I think. Two successive play off defeats is damaging psychologically for anyone club. Can we dig in again or are fresh ideas needed?

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'd give him another year too. I wanted him gone in the international break, but I've changed my views. The key player is clearly Hooper, and with him we'd probably be heading into the final now. Had he been fit all season then who knows? We're not Real Madrid. I wanted him out because I didn't think the link players would make such a difference; I was wrong. The recruitment was not great, but was that down to Carlos? It's the defence which needs strengthening. It looks strong at present because we've been negative to protect it. But if we want to play open attacking football (which Carlos understands), then we'll need better defenders.

You don't remember that Hooper wasn't a first pick early season?

It was FF/Fletch up top.

Guest hazza88

I want him to stay but he hasnt improved us this season from last my points being:

Changed the way we play from attractive to boring

Spent god knows how much money and started with the same team tonight as against hull in last years final bar Fletcher who cost nothing

So in all he's thought too much about ways to control a game and put shackles on the players 

Spent millions and non of the bought have lived up to any sort of expectation

Guest hazza88
1 minute ago, Dave78 said:

He's wasted a lot of money on signings.

I don't think Chansiri will trust him to spend big again.

I know I just posted saying he spent millions but do we know he wanted these players?

What I've said about Carlos all season I stand by. It's not about good/bad managers, it's about right/wrong ones. This negative stuff ain't Carlos' game. Maybe it's Karanka's, maybe it's Gray's, but it ain't Carlos' thing. We can't open up and play the way Carlos wants with that defence for a start. Westwood and Lees are good enough, the rest aren't. Irrespective of the manager, that needs sorting...and it's going to cost. In the end, we were a very poor side two years ago. We've come a long way. Carlos is unfortunate that Monk, Stam, Wagner and that bloke at Fulham have turned mid-table teams into top-six ones. They can't all go up, and where will they be next season? We've improved; will they?

1 hour ago, hazza88 said:

I want him to stay but he hasnt improved us this season from last my points being:

Changed the way we play from attractive to boring

Spent god knows how much money and started with the same team tonight as against hull in last years final bar Fletcher who cost nothing

So in all he's thought too much about ways to control a game and put shackles on the players 

Spent millions and non of the bought have lived up to any sort of expectation

The problem is that to play attractive AND go up you've got to be a Newcastle/parachute club with better all-round players.

If he wants to stay, I'm happy for him to stay, especially if he learns the lessons from this season's negatives. The biggest negative for me has been, sacrificing the entertainment. I'm not convinced it has had any benefit whatsoever. Yes, we've finished two places higher, but given the money we've spent, is that really enough justification? I find us boring to watch this season, lord knows what any neutrals must think. At a time when the chairman is trying to grow the club, the football we play isn't doing him any favours. Perhaps it was worth a try for one season, but please, no more Lets get back to entertaining

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fishing.

Never. Sack him tomorrow please. Wasted the squad of dreams.

I've really been thinking whether I want him to stay or not. My first reaction was no. But who honestly is out there who's better?

Ok it's not been pretty this year but he has done well giving us back to back play offs. Improvement in league position both years. Tonight we made one mistake & paid the price, otherwise we'd have all been praising him.

Money doesnt gurantee success. Plenty of teams prove that.

Brighton could easily have got rid of Houghton when they failed a couple of years running. But they stuck with him & with a few tweaks here & there, he got them promoted. I think that is a lesser risk than gambling on a new manager who'll want to start all over again.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If he wants to stay, I'm happy for him to stay, especially if he learns the lessons from this season's negatives. The biggest negative for me has been, sacrificing the entertainment. I'm not convinced it has had any benefit whatsoever. Yes, we've finished two places higher, but given the money we've spent, is that really enough justification? I find us boring to watch this season, lord knows what any neutrals must think. At a time when the chairman is trying to grow the club, the football we play isn't doing him any favours. Perhaps it was worth a try for one season, but please, no more Lets get back to entertaining

I agree. But although we've got arguably the strongest forward line in the division, that's not matched in other areas of the field, especially defence. We were underestimated last season, but not this. If we want to get back to playing open, attacking football, that defence has got to be transformed. I understand why Carlos does what he does...it's just that it's not his game. He's on record as saying he'd rather win 10-9 than 1-0. If we'd wanted safety first, we'd have been better keeping Gray. Shift the dead wood, and start at the back. That back line wouldn't have a chance in the PL even if we did get promoted.