Championship Season 15/16, building a squad for promotion. Rumours.

Guest TommyTank

That's true but Ritchie is possibly Bournemouth's best player so I daresay they'll at least give him a crack at the premier league before casting him aside.

True, you can see in my post that I 100% agree with you there. Possibly same can be said about likes of Arter and Wilson at least.

True, you can see in my post that I 100% agree with you there. Possibly same can be said about likes of Arter and Wilson at least.

Yeah, we ought to be looking at some of their fringe players who would be immediately off-loaded in the premier league. Junior Stanislas would be one and I wonder if Norwich would be willing to carry Lewis Grabban up to the premier league. They certainly will be getting rid of Becchio.

EDIT: Goddammit, plussed myself, stupid clumsy fingers...

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

Ah well, looks like it may be that he's getting paid off then. It's only what someone told me, not reading too much into it.

I do think though that if we have been linked to people like Comolli then Gray doesn't quite sit in the same mould.

I'd agree with you but in Gray's latest interview he's talking about being back on 1st day of training in the summer. So unless he hasn't been told the bad news yet I think he's going to be staying. But you're right about Comolli, he's the guy that tried to get Mourinho to Spurs so it would be a surprise if he doesn't suggest to the owners about replacing the head coach at some point

If we want to build a squad for promotion, and by some stretch May actually is unsettled we should sell him or loan him out.

It's harsh but when it comes down to it we maybe have 3 or 4 players that are good enough to play for a top 6 Championship side, so we're going to have to make changes.

Plus, Nuhiu will stay, he gives us something different upfront and is a problem for teams, Lavery is arguably our best young prospect and I think he's better than May anyway, regardless of which we will HAVE to sign a 15+ goal scoring striker if we want to challenge for promotion that would give us 3 strikers. Then it comes down to Bus/May, Bus is the more recent signing and hasn't had a run of games we haven't really seen what he can do so I doubt he'd go, then it comes down to May as we don't need 5 strikers...

Hate to say it but if we really want to progress we'll have to make cuts, and as we don't score enough goals replacing our forwards is where we would start.

If i were in charge i'd attemp to lure Frank Lampard , Stevie Gerrard & Peter Crouch: These lads would come for the right offer & a deal sold to em.

The worrying thing is I think your serious .... Sure lampard would love to give up 250k per week and his plush New York house for sunny Sheffield and 10 grand a week !!!!!

I was told at last home match by a fan who is very close to a number of players (plays golf with them) that the Thai owners expect SWFC to be in the top 2 in champ from day 1 until season end, i said they better crack open the cheque book then.

I was told at last home match by a fan who is very close to a number of players (plays golf with them) that the Thai owners expect SWFC to be in the top 2 in champ from day 1 until season end, i said they better crack open the cheque book then.

If the Comolli link is genuine it's fair to say a lot of money will be thrown at it. I think in the new FFP rules we can make a loss of £38 million in the next 3 years before major punishment? So that would tie in with their plan to be promoted before that time. Until there's a clear sign the above isn't their plan then anything is possible, I certainly don't buy into some people on here saying we'll only be making free transfers and spending money on high wages to get promoted, unless Gray really is a miracle man to achieve that

Guest Fedor

Why are people poo pooing our signing power? I believe we will be serious players in the transfer market this summer. Mr C won't want to hang around the Championship too long.

Someone I know went to a club function  a week ago which included the players and the murmerings were that SG will not be here next season. 

It's as though the players already know that the writing is on the wall. Gray hasn't been offered a new contract and there is no sign of one.

I find this a little odd but wouldn't be surprised.

The writing is defiantly on the wall for a lot of those players , never mind Gray 

Exactly. We have money to spend but that doesn't mean we can sign anybody we like from the championship/lower end premier league - Ritchie will be in Bournemouth's first team and Wilson will be given a chance too, Bamford will be aiming at the premier league next year and would Financial Fair Play even allow us to spend the money to bring in Rhodes? I know it's exciting but come on, keep it real...

Depends how much TUF sponsor the stadium/ stand/ team for 

Lad called Fabrini from Watford is the rumour I heard today. Have to say I've never heard of him.

Scored against us when he was on loan at Millwall

His only goal in 12 games

Shiiite apparently

Why are people poo pooing our signing power? I believe we will be serious players in the transfer market this summer. Mr C won't want to hang around the Championship too long.

Depends, yes there will be lots of signings I'm sure, but some of the names being thrown around are pie in the sky regardless of our new-found spending power.

Guest TommyTank

We need to stop with the League One, bottom of the championship club ambition.

Even if Mr Chansiri wanted to improve slightly on this season he would need to bring in 2/3 top quality Championship players.

If we want top 2 then we need about 8.

Ive heard although not a very reliable source I must admit that there will be serious mony spent on the first team over the next 3 seasons.

Its almost scary the figures being talked about, I want to see quality at SWFC and that costs, I want to be entertained, I want SWFC back in the limelight.

We need to stop with the League One, bottom of the championship club ambition.

Even if Mr Chansiri wanted to improve slightly on this season he would need to bring in 2/3 top quality Championship players.

If we want top 2 then we need about 8.

Ive heard although not a very reliable source I must admit that there will be serious mony spent on the first team over the next 3 seasons.

Its almost scary the figures being talked about, I want to see quality at SWFC and that costs, I want to be entertained, I want SWFC back in the limelight.

Oh I agree, so out of interest who do you like who do you honestly think we will be able to sign over the summer?

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

The first bit of news I have received is reference Stevie May, I told Owlstalkers many months ago that Stevie was a bit unsettled in Sheffield. The reason for this is that he his rattling around a big 5 bed house on his own and his girlfriend is up in Scotland.

He lives in a flat ?