The whole Melo thing is a little strange I must admit.

Agreed, I made this point before, something not quite riight here. Such an odd signing in the first place, it smacks of MM having a last bit of meddling before he went.

We shall see, he'll either start to feature soon or could end up on loan with a view to a possible transfer - either scenario is entirely feasible at the moment.

Not played any development games either, reckon we have a problem. Ie didn't want to come here in the first place and or homesick.

Armado mk2

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest wayne the owl

Tell you,the man is totally inept.He spouts out I'll only sign players that are better than what we have and then bangs them on the bench.

You don't like him , we all know it , even dogs know it. Now stop posting the same mundane drivel please.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

You've seen him play how many times?

if he were a bit rubbish we wouldnt have signed him,

and he has played - away at Ipswich.

I said I reckon they've signed him and realised he is not this standard-Happens all the time. 

I said I reckon they've signed him and realised he is not this standard-Happens all the time. 

in a position (DCM) that we are well covered in,

at 11pm we had already signed 4, there was no pressure/panic to get him in at all.......unless we wanted him,

what about Vermijl, joined from manU to play 1st team games, but hasnt settled and after 2 games is benched? is he poo an all?

none of them are failures, they have signed for 3.5yrs - its a marathon not a sprint.... 

that said you may end up being right!  but there is no way of telling this after just 5 weeks!

Guest Ellis Rimmer

in a position (DCM) that we are well covered in,

at 11pm we had already signed 4, there was no pressure/panic to get him in at all.......unless we wanted him,

what about Vermijl, joined from manU to play 1st team games, but hasnt settled and after 2 games is benched? is he poo an all?

none of them are failures, they have signed for 3.5yrs - its a marathon not a sprint.... 

that said you may end up being right!  but there is no way of telling this after just 5 weeks!

I'm basing it off him not being able to get a game-I believe even if he were severely homesick then involving him would be a better way of helping him settle-not getting a game all together you gotta assume he's nowhere near the first team's standard. I know you can't expect brilliance straight away but he's 25 so not 'one for the future' you'd expect him to be somewhere near his best therefore if his best were good enough he'd be near the team. 

Blaming Gray is harsh on him again. look at the long list of dodgy foreign imports we've had in the last few years. None of them have got any where near the first team. These dodgy imports haven't all been brought in under Gray, some were under Jones & some Megson. All were on Manadaric' watch. I think there's your answer to who's behind them.

Said it before:

He'll have been a deal available in Jan so we have gone for it, not wrong with that.

I imagine Coke, McCabe, Corry etc will all be leaving in summer. Planning ahead.

Relax.

Nowt like an invented conspiracy theory though on owlstalk to get people slating the club/manager/chairman.

Guest wilyfox

Andy Giddings

#swfc on Melo:"It's been difficult for him to come to this country, but he's improving."

"He got a chance of making it here."

..what a bizarre thing to say.