Watford open to offers for McGugan

Watford are saying they have no objection to Lewis McGugan staying on at Hillsborough after his loan is due to end but they are encouraging offers for the player in January. What sort of fee, and more importantly, wages will he command, and is there really any realistic chance of us making an offer?

He went on a free and has 3 years left on his contract. If Watford want him off their books then a free could be possible to save his wages. On a Bosman deal, wages will be quite hefty I would think. Having said that, not sure his demands to come here will fit in our wage structure

Not so sure, I reckon Owls about that's Bournemouth idea, is a good call

With Surman, Arter O'Kane and god knows who else to compete with?

He's unsettled in London, wants to be closer to family. He had quite a few offers from teams to go on loan but chose here to be close Nottingham.

Guest wilyfox

Hmm well this is a test for Milan. McGugan's becoming a key component in our side and is available. Ordinarily, I think the player is worth 1-1.5m; but which championship clubs have got that spare to offer at the moment?! The current market climate will drive his price down. He does still have 18months left on his Watford contract. My prediction is he'll go for 700-800k.

With Surman, Arter O'Kane and god knows who else to compete with?

He's unsettled in London, wants to be closer to family. He had quite a few offers from teams to go on loan but chose here to be close Nottingham.

Ah, didn't know that. Well yes, then a move further north would make sense