Best striker since hirst

Guest hasisawesome

how absolutely depressing that its approaching 20 years since Hirsty left and only DICanio can come any where near. Lets just hope that we are finally entering a better period in our history when we will finally see some competition. for what its worth I can see a bit of young hirsty in Madine. the lads got a long way to go but he has that same raw power that hirsty had at his age........the rest is up to him?

I don't think Madine's anything like Hirst. Not in style nor attitude.

Guest justcraig

I'm going for shearer! Can't believe you're all picking Wednesday players! Sure the post never stated it had to be an owl ;-)

Depends what statistics you're looking at. Stats can bend anything.

If its goals scored in the top division MacLean wouldn't be mentioned. And rightly so.

then de bilde would be up there as one of the best! crazy

tudgay was excellent for us, and post 2000, would be in the top 3, but it has to be di canio for me. surprised carbone hasn't been mentioned mind, though was he first and foremost a striker?

Edited by Innes

Guest hasisawesome

I'm going for shearer! Can't believe you're all picking Wednesday players! Sure the post never stated it had to be an owl ;-)

P.s I mean wednesday players

Guest Bedders

I read this & didn't get it at first.....I though it was just a statement "(Leon) Best striker since Hirst"................. & thought yep that is correct!

Good job i read the replies....

Edited by Bedders

Guest chris SWFC

Theres never been a another striker as good as David Hirst at hillsborough and never likely to be again