Things I think are SWFC things but I bet all fans complain about

Refs against us for some misguided idea of a reason 

we never win from behind (do many teams) 

we have a gaff in us every game (Liverpool gave away a potentially title losing gaff last week) 

never get a pen (this one I think is genuine) 

manager never picks the best 11 

crap kits? (They’re all naff lately) 

1 hour ago, MF TAZ said:

Refs against us for some misguided idea of a reason 

we never win from behind (do many teams) 

we have a gaff in us every game (Liverpool gave away a potentially title losing gaff last week) 

never get a pen (this one I think is genuine) 

manager never picks the best 11 

crap kits? (They’re all naff lately) 

I like our kits, except the white one

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Former players or ex Blades scoring against us

This is one of these things every club says, but it isn't really true that Blades or ex-players score more often against us, it is more that we notice and remark upon it when it happens. It becomes memorable. But the dozens of times it doesn't happen, people don't really comment on it.

Take this season:

Che Adams scored against us - but he's not a particularly notable Sheffield United player (less than 50 league games for them, played a lot more for Birmingham and Soton, never played against Wednesday for United).

And Vardy scored against us - but he never played for our first XI, just the youth teams.

Still, these - despite these tenuous links - things were remarked upon loads.

We don't look back at the games where Ethan Ampadu, Oliver Burke, Enda Stevens or other ex-United players all failed to score against us.

Or the games where Jordan Storey, Will Keane, Mark McGuinness, Massimo Luongo, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Tom Lees and Lewis Gibson all failed to score against us.

If you play against a handful of United players and at least 8 former Wednesday players, eventually one of them will score against you.

13 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

This is one of these things every club says, but it isn't really true that Blades or ex-players score more often against us, it is more that we notice and remark upon it when it happens. It becomes memorable. But the dozens of times it doesn't happen, people don't really comment on it.

Take this season:

Che Adams scored against us - but he's not a particularly notable Sheffield United player (less than 50 league games for them, played a lot more for Birmingham and Soton, never played against Wednesday for United).

And Vardy scored against us - but he never played for our first XI, just the youth teams.

Still, these - despite these tenuous links - things were remarked upon loads.

We don't look back at the games where Ethan Ampadu, Oliver Burke, Enda Stevens or other ex-United players all failed to score against us.

Or the games where Jordan Storey, Will Keane, Mark McGuinness, Massimo Luongo, Morgan Fox, Danny Batth, Tom Lees and Lewis Gibson all failed to score against us.

If you play against a handful of United players and at least 8 former Wednesday players, eventually one of them will score against you.

I think you would be hard pressed to find ANY game some of those scored in, never mind just against us 😅

• Haha 1

Well, we don't win from behind and that's been happening for years.

I can only remember us gaining 5 points this season after opposites score first. 

2-1 QPR.  1-1 Leicester. 2-2 Norwich.  Pretty pathetic if I've remembered that correctly.

And we haven't had a penalty this season.  Probably only club in EFL without one.  Certainly only club in championship without one.  

We traditionally make bad decisions from the top, such as sacking or letting good managers go.   Catterick Buckingham  Wilkinson Atkinson Francis Carvahal Moore.  Even if we stop up I can't see Wednesday fighting to keep Röhl. 

Otherwise I don't think we're much different to any other club.

Just now, MF TAZ said:

Maybe we need to accept on the modern game you have to engineer penalties 

they always look flimsy 

maybe we just don’t know how to win pens 

I know people will laugh at this but it’s more plausible then referees having a conspiracy against us 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1