Ref for Stoke - No Freaking Way!

1 hour ago, Hyde2005 said:

whats rebbecca welch upto? noo lets not go there , i have this feeling she will ref us at sunderland what a scary thought eh 

Believe it or not she's got a gig this Summer refereeing at the Olympics football. One of 3 officials from England. The other 2 are Emily Carney and David Coote.

At least I don't think she'll ref a Sunderland game as she's from that area.

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Did you even read this thread? lol

Eh yes! If you referring to the fact that Martin is from Stafford, which is about equidistant from Wolverhampton and Stoke. I know 2 people from Stafford they are Wolves fans and they say the town is mainly Wolves. Welch is from Washington which is very much Sunderland.

And yes as I said earlier. I find it odd that he is reffing a fairly local team.

On 11/04/2024 at 05:05, alanharper said:

Didn't Ipswich kick up a fuss because a Wednesday fan was selected to ref one of their games last season and got it changed?

Don't know how impartial this ref may or may not be but the fact that he's never reffed a Stoke game before (he's done us 16 times) but suddenly gets them in a crunch fixture is bizarre.

That said with our luck if we requested a swap we'd probably get an idiot like Stroud, Eltringham or Welch instead

Can’t be worse than Welch or Eltringham. Accept it and get on with it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Eh yes! If you referring to the fact that Martin is from Stafford, which is about equidistant from Wolverhampton and Stoke. I know 2 people from Stafford they are Wolves fans and they say the town is mainly Wolves. Welch is from Washington which is very much Sunderland.

And yes as I said earlier. I find it odd that he is reffing a fairly local team.

used to work in washington. Its like the hunger games, district 10, etc! weird place

7 hours ago, JohnnyQuinnsQuiff said:

Now come on. I regularly not notice I’ve got a bottle of wine rolling around the trolley as I’m strolling out of the supermarket with my shopping. They’re very hard to see, as I keep telling the judge.

It's his wife that is the biggest p-head in the world n old Madders has to keep her stocked up with wine, buy it, nick it, make it!!  Any which way.