On 28/03/2024 at 11:18, DonisthorpeOwl said:

Just curious as to how many Wednesdayites are from the Derby area if so what part? 

South Derby here near (Swadlincote) 

Think the name gives it away, but before we moved to Bakewell we lived in Ashby De La Zouch for years and got to know several other owl who lived in the area, including a kid from Measham who was home and away

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 28/03/2024 at 11:18, DonisthorpeOwl said:

Just curious as to how many Wednesdayites are from the Derby area if so what part? 

South Derby here near (Swadlincote) 

I grew up in Ashby de la Zouch but now living down here in Highgate Village, in the big smoke! 

I was surrounded by sheep, foxes and trees!

I know Donisthorpe very well, lots of school friends from there and the environs (Moira, Oakthorpe, Measham)

Is Swad still a shithole? lol

There was a handful of blades in Ashby and I once threw an egg at one of their windows aged around 10.

I hope my contribution is helpful!

UTO

11 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

Think the name gives it away, but before we moved to Bakewell we lived in Ashby De La Zouch for years and got to know several other owl who lived in the area, including a kid from Measham who was home and away

What years were you in "the Zouch"?

On 29/03/2024 at 10:29, nuneatonowl1 said:

My daughter is an Owl and lives in Ashby de la Zouch. I’m moving there next year so I’ll be an additional one.   There’s 5-10 others I know in and around the Ashby / Swad /Burton area 

My family still lives there. I grew up in Ashby.

UTO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

I grew up in Ashby de la Zouch but now living down here in Highgate Village, in the big smoke! 

I was surrounded by sheep, foxes and trees!

I know Donisthorpe very well, lots of school friends from there and the environs (Moira, Oakthorpe, Measham)

Is Swad still a shithole? lol

There was a handful of blades in Ashby and I once threw an egg at one of their windows aged around 10.

I hope my contribution is helpful!

UTO

Best bit of Swad…. The A511 out of it

• Haha 3