50 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I live in swanwick and have been told that people from belper repeat themselves.

Especially after an evening at Elaichi… delicious!! Some good boozers in belper too

On 19/04/2024 at 08:39, F. Spiksley said:

What years were you in "the Zouch"?

we moved into Ashby in 1995, lived opposite the grammar school on Nottingham Road for 7 years, then moved to Thringstone  for another four years, loved it down there, lots of friends still in Ashby.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bakewell Owl said:

we moved into Ashby in 1995, lived opposite the grammar school on Nottingham Road for 7 years, then moved to Thringstone  for another four years, loved it down there, lots of friends still in Ashby.

I left in 1995 ironically! Mother dearest still rattling around there. Thringstone is alright more countryside! I hate London it's full of Londoners! 

There weren't many Owls when I was at the grammar school it was full of sheep, foxes, trees! A few villas and the usual man utd and Liverpool. It's very much split between Leicester and Derby fans I guess it still is.

Market Street is quiet these days especially on Fridays!!!

UTO

15 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

I left in 1995 ironically! Mother dearest still rattling around there. Thringstone is alright more countryside! I hate London it's full of Londoners! 

There weren't many Owls when I was at the grammar school it was full of sheep, foxes, trees! A few villas and the usual man utd and Liverpool. It's very much split between Leicester and Derby fans I guess it still is.

Market Street is quiet these days especially on Fridays!!!

UTO

Enjoy your return, great place to live 👍

• Thanks 1