Attending a Premier League game.

My son is almost 9, like all lads his age amongst out fanbase he loves Wednesday. 

However I feel the chances of him seeing the top level players he watches on MoTD etc at Hillsborough in a league game is slim. I'm considering the best way maybe to get a Manchester City membership £35 for me, £20 for him and get tickets for a couple of games a season at the Etihad when Wednesday are away etc.

Has anyone done this? The main thing holding me back at the minute is thinking I could blow £55 on membership. Then still not get 2 seats together unless it's an obscure fixture on a school night against Copenhagen etc 

Do you have any mates that support Prem clubs?

Quite a few Man U season ticket holders will sell you their seat for a game (some only own one for this reason) 

Can you get a home end ticket for Burnley or someone like that when a top team roll into town ?

13 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

My son is almost 9, like all lads his age amongst out fanbase he loves Wednesday. 

However I feel the chances of him seeing the top level players he watches on MoTD etc at Hillsborough in a league game is slim. I'm considering the best way maybe to get a Manchester City membership £35 for me, £20 for him and get tickets for a couple of games a season at the Etihad when Wednesday are away etc.

Has anyone done this? The main thing holding me back at the minute is thinking I could blow £55 on membership. Then still not get 2 seats together unless it's an obscure fixture on a school night against Copenhagen etc 

Tuesday nighters tend to be your best shot. Manchester City struggle to sell out their Champions League games against the lower seed teams (Young Boys, Red Star Belgrade type teams). Obviously understand this isn't great for a 9-year-old on a school night.

• Like 1

If you live in Sheffield and can get to city or man u for an evening game you'll be home before 1130. He can kip in the car if needed. If he's absolutely knackered the next day tell the school and get him to talk to teachers and mates about it, tell em about his experience. It's a life event and I reckon most places would see 8t like that and use it for good. If I had a parent explain that to us we'd be fine with it. He's not gonna fall asleep at his desk cos he got a few hours less kip of an evening. 

Got membership for me and my daughter at city. Tickets used to be easy to get, but now they are really difficult and you have to end up waiting for returned sales for prem matches. 

Cup and Europe however are dead cheap. for example cost me £30 for me and my daughter when they played PSG other year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Was this a thing in previous generations? I grew up watching us in the 90s so was never a consideration.

Just wondering if it was in say the 70s? Or was it / is it a thing for other teams fans? 

I remember being sat next to a load of neutrals who had travelled a long way and waiting for ages to get tickets to see Wayne Collins and Scott Oakes in the flesh

• Haha 4