FGR, a progressive club

15 hours ago, scram said:

Why should she disrespect a club who had shown her respect above what any men's club have shown to women?

It was crass, uncalled for and she deserves digging out for it

You say crass, I see it as calling a spade a spade, straight talking. She spoke her mind, I respect that in people. 

5 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

What about the misogyny and sneering from folk like you.

We knew it was coming.

It is just as bad and you know it.

Thankfully the world has moved on from people like you'.

:duntmatter:

5 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

You say crass, I see it as calling a spade a spade, straight talking. She spoke her mind, I respect that in people. 

Disrespecting somebody who has shown you bravery and respect is calling a spade a spade?

OK...

On 05/07/2023 at 07:42, Bannofan said:

They've replayed the Emma Hayes interview on Sky this morning. 

In fairness, the question was pitched to her in such a way that it was insulting to the women's game, and she replied in kind.

If a male manager had her forthrightness and strength of opinion, he would be celebrated as a character, no-nonsense and a 'winner'.

Hayes is just seen as arrogant, difficult and gobby. 

She could have been more diplomatic about the AFC Wimbledon link, but why should she?. 

i've worked with emma hayes, she is amazing.   and the guys around her take her absolutely seriously, she deserves a good club in men's football should she want to cross over.

On 05/07/2023 at 11:16, Arthur Bach said:

I've got nothing against the prospect of women head coaches but it is of no surprise which club has stepped forward and half-heartedly done this (caretaker?)

I'm not sold that she was the most suitable candidate out of 60 applicants, that is a downright lie if knowledge and experience means anything. This shouts out PR move from a chairman known for manipulating PR.

It seems people fall over themselves to fawn over the 'progessive' decision to hire a woman but I would have liked to have seen Owlstalk if DC had hired a woman.

Women in football is all well and good when its another team but people would take stock when its their own club that becomes the victim of a social experiment.

Good luck to her and I already pity her for the vile abuse she'll no doubt receive on Twitter.

a bit like this positive post.......

On 05/07/2023 at 11:16, scram said:

Why should she disrespect a club who had shown her respect above what any men's club have shown to women?

It was crass, uncalled for and she deserves digging out for it

if a premier manager got offered the wimbledon job and turned it down, are they being disrespectful?

4 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

i've worked with emma hayes, she is amazing.   and the guys around her take her absolutely seriously, she deserves a good club in men's football should she want to cross over.

AFC Wimbledon are a good club

She chose to shat on them

1 minute ago, duncanidaho said:

if a premier manager got offered the wimbledon job and turned it down, are they being disrespectful?

Are you f*cking serious?

This forum has been awash with clownish posts over the past few days but yours is up there

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Because the level of football she's been managing is a lower level than that l where Wimbledon play and it should be seen as a respectful approach to advance her career and make a seismic advance in women's roles in sports? 

managing a club in the women's champions league is a lower level than wimbledon?

that says more about you than her...

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

i could explain things to you, but i can't make you understand them...

I don't think you have the capacity to explain anything if you are comparing the women's game to the men's a d Emma Hayes to a premier league manager

Come back when you learn something

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, scram said:

I don't think you have the capacity to explain anything if you are comparing the women's game to the men's a d Emma Hayes to a premier league manager

Come back when you learn something

i would say the same if you could  leave your sexism and mysogyny behind

Edited by duncanidaho

1 hour ago, duncanidaho said:

managing a club in the women's champions league is a lower level than wimbledon?

that says more about you than her...

I'm a big supporter of women's football but this is just ridiculous.

All men's professional football in this country is a level above the women's leagues 

• Like 1