FGR, a progressive club

9 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

the discussion isn't about the standard of play between womens and mens football.  i totally agree there is a gulf between them.

this discussion is about he ability of women to manage a mens team.   if there is no physiological limitation then there is no reason this can't happen.

The discussion is whether Wimbledon is a step up or step down for Emma Hayes really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duncanidaho said:

ok, why is league 1 a higher level than wsl?

not about standards of play, that isn't what is on discussion here, but about the level within the sport.

As posted earlier:

Better standard

Larger attendances

Bigger wages

Greater prize money

More prestige

Why is the WSL a higher level than League 1 (or League 2 or the National League)

1 hour ago, duncanidaho said:

the capability of women to manage at the top end of the womens game has absolutely been ridiculed by posters.  this was about fgr being progressive and appointing a woman caretaker manager and descended into hayes accused of slating wimbledon and not being able to handle a mens team because chelsea women couldn't beat a sunday league side/and hasn't managed men.

this discussion has been about womens football being seen as lesser to the mens game and that a top practitioner in the womens game should accept a lower position and be grateful

Please stop making things up and read what people are writing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

As posted earlier:

Better standard

Larger attendances

Bigger wages

Greater prize money

More prestige

Why is the WSL a higher level than League 1 (or League 2 or the National League)

we're not talking about  standards of football compared between the sexes.

and the other 4 reasons just highlight the sexism inherent within football surrounding investment and advertising revenue.

but you are also comparing apples and oranges.

in tennis, women grand slam winners aren't looked down upon in comparison to men as in football

does a gold medal for a woman 100m olympic champion mean less because she ran a second slower than the men?

it is no surprise 'traditional' male sports such as football, rugby, cricket, formula 1 etc. have huge disparities in financial and prestige terms as well as the everday sexism within them.

wsl is the tier one league in the womens game, league 1 is tier 3 within mens.

unless of course you are saying that womens sport and women in general are lesser in your eyes?   which is what is happening throughout society daily with football amplifying those values.

3 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

and the other 4 reasons just highlight the sexism inherent within football surrounding investment and advertising revenue.

but you are also comparing apples and oranges.

in tennis, women grand slam winners aren't looked down upon in comparison to men as in football

does a gold medal for a woman 100m olympic champion mean less because she ran a second slower than the men?

it is no surprise 'traditional' male sports such as football, rugby, cricket, formula 1 etc. have huge disparities in financial and prestige terms as well as the everday sexism within them.

wsl is the tier one league in the womens game, league 1 is tier 3 within mens.

unless of course you are saying that womens sport and women in general are lesser in your eyes?   which is what is happening throughout society daily with football amplifying those values.

I think you're on the wind up now 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

I'm tapping out. 

Duncanidaho is obviously just hell bent on his agenda and arguing with anyone even about points that nobody is arguing about 

It's mental

not hellbent on an agenda, just calling out the lazy attitudes towards womens sport.

hannah dingley (who this post is originally about before it was side tracked about hayes being disrespectful) have a look at her qualifications.

'Dingley has a Uefa pro licence, the highest coaching qualification, a League Managers Association diploma, various Football Association youth awards and is a qualified teacher. She was a course leader at Loughborough University, where she completed a degree and a master’s, and later a senior lecturer in sports coaching practice at the University of Wolverhampton.'

not bad for a tier 4 team caretaker

10 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

I've cut down your post to the only bit that is relevant.

We are talking about the standard of football of men's and women's football because we are discussing whether Emma Hates should have taken a job in the men's league. That's exactly what the discussion is.

I think the debate about whether Emma Hayes is suitable for men’s football is actually a different debate than men v women it’s a debate as to whether a coach needs to have played football to a decent level or whether it can be all learnt on courses, uni etc. I know Wenger and Jose didn’t have much of a career, but still strikes me it’s a greater advantage if you have played pro, and if you were a top pro you get a job quite easy. If being there and done it better than spending hours watching and studying it?

1 hour ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

I've cut down your post to the only bit that is relevant.

We are talking about the standard of football of men's and women's football because we are discussing whether Emma Hates should have taken a job in the men's league. That's exactly what the discussion is.

we are not talking about the standard of football

are you seriously saying that men should coach men and women should only coach women due to the fact that the players are different levels?

or that because she is coaching women that the chance to coach ANY male team is a step up and she should be grateful for?  even though she may have the same qualifications as men for coaching and experience at the top end of her profession including continental competition?

1 minute ago, duncanidaho said:

we are not talking about the standard of football

are you seriously saying that men should coach men and women should only coach women due to the fact that the players are different levels?

or that because she is coaching women that the chance to coach ANY male team is a step up and she should be grateful for?  even though she may have the same qualifications as men for coaching and experience at the top end of her profession including continental competition?

Ok I've now realised that you cannot read so I'm out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

the people who tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes

I can see your upset.

What I suggest you do is sit down and look at every letter slowly.

Then you'll realise that nobody is saying women can't manage men or any of that rubbish you are stating. Only that League 1 is a better level than the WSL.

EVERYBODY in the thread agrees other than you.

• Like 1