Bundesliga final day

An absolute hammer blow for the Bundesliga as a whole in my opinion. Their culture is great, the football is great to watch if you go. But that means nothing when you get the same winner every year. The league tried to bring in an equity partner because the Premier League is outpacing them by a ridiculous amount, but the clubs rejected it because they were concerned it would damage their culture. They know the problem, the issue is finding the solution.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the fans really 

Its like this in most top leagues now though just one team dominating year after year, here its City, Germany its Bayern, France its PSG, Nethherlands have had a gap season but its usually PSV or Ajax racking up the titles winning three and then the other takes over for a few years, Portugal its Benfica or Porto.

This will lead to the super league eventually

• Like 1

Proper sh*t that.

11 in a row when they really shouldn't have got it.

And yes, I think we face a similar situation here as long as Pep remains at the helm of City. Once he moves on, I do believe we will see a few more winners, albeit City will still win more than their fair share.

Problem with Bayern though is they are not only the best team but they usually go out of their way to cherry pick their main rivals best players when they can.

Wasn't it last season where RB Leipzig were second and halfway through the season Bayern announced Uppemecano was joining them? I'll always remember that CL final with Dortmund in 2013 where it had already been announced that Gotze was joining Bayern afterwards.

7 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Feel sorry for the fans really 

Its like this in most top leagues now though just one team dominating year after year, here its City, Germany its Bayern, France its PSG, Nethherlands have had a gap season but its usually PSV or Ajax racking up the titles winning three and then the other takes over for a few years, Portugal its Benfica or Porto.

This will lead to the super league eventually

🤔

Having lived in Germany for many years I can 100% attest that Bayern are universally loathed by everyone except their own fans. It's not just the usual sour grapes either, it's the fact that for years they have waved the cheque book at the best players from any potential rival clubs in order to effectively kill off any real opposition, plus the general air of arrogance and unpleasantness that's burned into the club's DNA. They are a truly horrible (but unfortunately very wealthy) club.

Goes without saying as well that they have a lot of glory-hunting plastic fans, just like the Mancs, the bin-dippers and Chelsea do over here (although a lot of Chelsea "fans" have probably defected by now to City).

The Bundesliga is a joke now, as bad as the SPL.

1 hour ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

Having lived in Germany for many years I can 100% attest that Bayern are universally loathed by everyone except their own fans. It's not just the usual sour grapes either, it's the fact that for years they have waved the cheque book at the best players from any potential rival clubs in order to effectively kill off any real opposition, plus the general air of arrogance and unpleasantness that's burned into the club's DNA. They are a truly horrible (but unfortunately very wealthy) club.

Goes without saying as well that they have a lot of glory-hunting plastic fans, just like the Mancs, the bin-dippers and Chelsea do over here (although a lot of Chelsea "fans" have probably defected by now to City).

I've heard similar about Dutch football, Ajax are hated by everyone else....

I feel like city need to just win the champions league and then they might have a hangover year or something. 

They are clearly being looked at in terms of fair play.

I just don’t understand where pep is meant to go? 

4 hours ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

Bundesliga is much worse than the SPL , which always gets an unfair bad rap but at least usually has 2 times vying for it, which is better than lots of countries 

40 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Bundesliga is much worse than the SPL , which always gets an unfair bad rap but at least usually has 2 times vying for it, which is better than lots of countries 

Absolute load of poo. 

France and Germany only ones where its consistently a walk in the park for the winners

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why France, they don’t have a traditionally dominant side through their history?

So supporting the opposite to your stance? 

France as I think before a ball is kicked now, PSG are going to win it by 10pts+