Inter City Owl coaches?

6 minutes ago, S6owls said:

Usually works with tpp coaches have gone by the time the lower ticket sales come in

ICO often doesn't quite sell out tbh. Will be different for Wembley obviously. 

Wednesdayite have opened coach ticket sales up to members today ahead of general sale tomorrow - it's £59 for non members, which is usually priced the same as the ICO.  Bit steep, the coach companies will be making plenty of extra prrrrrofit off us, the drivers will probably salute every time they drive past Peterborough.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Wednesdayite are going to start taking bookings tomorrow, they are wanting stewards too for each bus so if anyone fancies free travel. 

https://www.wednesdayite.com/en/news/wednesdayite-news/item/4224-play-off-final-may23

I emailed him this afternoon when I was pissed as a fart, loads of spelling mistakes, hopefully I hear back 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Alwaysletyoudown said:

Our private coach is £2000...50 seater... obviously £50 each...£59 not loads more,..but thers some profit been made by the coach companies..

And it's full already..

Coach companies are definitely making some decent extra cash off this, even if they're paying their drivers overtime for the bank holiday. ICO to Charlton in February was £45 - Wembley similar distance, a bit less if anything, and fuel prices have dropped since then as well. Even Portsmouth was £50. Can't blame them tbh but as always it's the fans who have to fork out the extra dough. 

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Coach companies are definitely making some decent extra cash off this, even if they're paying their drivers overtime for the bank holiday. ICO to Charlton in February was £45 - Wembley similar distance, a bit less if anything, and fuel prices have dropped since then as well. Even Portsmouth was £50. Can't blame them tbh but as always it's the fans who have to fork out the extra dough. 

£40 on Rotherham Owls coaches and this includes free toilets and shower. lol

Buses fully booked before anyone asks. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

i remember we got intercity 125 train to the FA Cup semi at Highbury cos of good away fan behaviour 

I think it was the D1 fixture in the 1984/85 season tbh, and it dropped us off at Finsbury Park Station. Paul Mariner scored the winning goal.

1-0 Arsenal.

17 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I think it was the D1 fixture in the 1984/85 season tbh, and it dropped us off at Finsbury Park Station. Paul Mariner scored the winning goal.

1-0 Arsenal.

am sure it wert semi as i recall it being a hot day.. mind gets a bit foggy 

21 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1-0 Arsenal.

Wow I was on that yes it was April 1985 div 1. I still have the program .weds special to Finsbury park . Think we won best support award and our carriage had pic took for papers . Anyone got that pic to post? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Wow I was on that yes it was April 1985 div 1. I still have the program .weds special to Finsbury park . Think we won best support award and our carriage had pic took for papers . Anyone got that pic to post? 

Just glad that someone else can still remember that we chartered a HST Train that day.Previous ICO Trains were mostly made up of Old Mk1 Coaches that were ready for the scrap yard. 🙄

39 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Just glad that someone else can still remember that we chartered a HST Train that day.Previous ICO Trains were mostly made up of Old Mk1 Coaches that were ready for the scrap yard. 🙄

I remember when Inter City Owl was first started up by Steve Woodhead, I think Hull away in 1979-80 season was first train.