Glorious Owner

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

More absolute nonsense here

I do wish people would just stop with the over-dramatic emotional bullcrap 

Facts are he's failed so far, he's done some terrible stuff, he's pumped millions in and spaffed it away, he still owes our fans thousands and thousands of pounds

BUT

If he pays our fans up what he owes them NOW, buys back our stadium, stops getting us into transfer embargoes, hearings, points deductions, relegations and stops having pops at our fanbase and becomes a professional, respectful, forward thinking progressive owner then everyone (EVERYONE) will be happy.

He's popped back up again in the first time in a couple of years so bound to be discussed and debated as a result

This season he's done exactly the right thing by keeping quiet, keeping out of the spotlight and long may that continue. We don't need or want any late night rants from him on the official website, or fans forums where he picks fights with people. We just want competent running of our club by someone who knows what they're doing or appoints people who do.

There's absolutely no need for all these made up conspiracy theories or overdramatic drama queen descriptions of the current situation

Is it absolute nonsense or an opinion I have? You seem to have a problem with people who don't  agree with you. It is mentioned a lot on here. Some posts on here about Chansiri are very disrespectful. I am anything but an over dramatic person and would counter that your two replies to my posts are in fact overdramatic. With regard Chansiri I am neutral and anything but emotional. You say the fact his time here has been a failure. I also said the same thing but maybe you didn't notice that as the blood vessels to you forehead were twitching in desperation as you rushed to articulate what a dramatic 'drama queen' I am. You also missed that I also dismissed the conspiracy theory. Once again you have used a derogatory term to belittle someone who has a different opinion to you. It's not the first time you have done it to me. I was trying to demonstrate that things are not binary. Perhaps as admin of the site you need to take your own advise and become a professional, respectful owner.

Just now, Jack the Hat said:

Very magnanimous Mr Admin.

Me being 'admin' is completely irrelevant

I usually find when I call people out for introducing absolute nonsense into a debate they reach for the 'rarrrr rarrrr you're admin rarrr you run the site rarrr you shouldn't be calling me out because you're admin rarrrr admin rarrrrr'

You're not the first

You won't be the last

But you are wrong to do so simply because it's totally irrelevant

I don't and never have suggested that me simply being an admin on the site makes my views any more important or credible or real or better than anyone elses

So maybe stop trying to introduce THAT into debate too?

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Me being 'admin' is completely irrelevant

I usually find when I call people out for introducing absolute nonsense into a debate they reach for the 'rarrrr rarrrr you're admin rarrr you run the site rarrr you shouldn't be calling me out because you're admin rarrrr admin rarrrrr'

You're not the first

You won't be the last

But you are wrong to do so simply because it's totally irrelevant

I don't and never have suggested that me simply being an admin on the site makes my views any more important or credible or real or better than anyone elses

So maybe stop trying to introduce THAT into debate too?

Ta

Your two replies to my first post were disproportionate to what i wrote and seemed to have been aimed partly at things other people wrote in the thread - in particular the post I quoted. You then progressed onto what a drama queen (unnecessary terminology) I was; again not what I put. Mentioned how he had been a failure - even though I had put that. Then went on about conspiracy theories even though I said I didn't agree there was a conspiracy theory.  Not sure why you got so angry about the post which said Chansiris time had been a failure and there was no conspiracy theory. Also, not sure why you are so sensitive about the admin comment. It's not about your opinions which are welcome, but I would expect the admin of a site to be more professional. You obviously don't. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wow - how paranoid can you get?

Absolute total paranoia right there

The truth is the club's been through a horror show in recent years, the chairman still owes thousands and thousands of pounds to our fans, and he's recently reappeared for the first time in a couple of years so obviously and clearly the conversation was gonna pop up again

Stop with the paranoia and the stirring mate - it's embarrassing to read

What about the other 2 threads? Why do you think they were started?

• Like 1

Just now, kirksandallowl said:

The truth is the club's been through a horror show in recent years, the chairman still owes thousands and thousands of pounds to our fans, and he's recently reappeared for the first time in a couple of years so obviously and clearly the conversation was gonna pop up again

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Also, not sure why you are so sensitive about the admin comment. 

I'm not sensitive to it

I was just calling out your irrelevant reference to it

Am bored with this deflection now

How's about instead of trying to discuss ME, my admin status, technicalities in what was said and who to, that you actually debate the TOPIC of the chairman?

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah the old I can’t counter your point so I’ll just keep posting an irrelevant previous post until you get fed up ploy. 

My times too important I’m off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Nothing splits this fan base more than a Chansiri thread. 

My question, if the refunds are all processed, will we as a fan base finally move on? 

Or will we only move on when Chansiri leaves?

When all refunds are complete that then becomes a historical error but one you move on from
I think the fans just want a well run club with no self inflicted problems/drama and a chairman we can all really get behind

As a fan of Sheffield Wednesday FC you couldn't really get behind the decisions, mistakes, errors, PR blunders, point deductions, embargoes or relegations

It would be great if Chansiri kept quiet, gave more people who know what they're doing more autonomy and responsibility and started to lead this club with honour and competent future planning 

In the last five years we could have really dramatically improved the fan experience, the facilities, the feelgood factor of going to games, the positive supporter engagement, the openness and transparency, the future planning and the supporter/club interaction. We've done none of that and instead just had a fight between fans and chairman

We need HIM to sort this out - we can't as a fanbase no matter what we say/do we simply cannot force him to repay the fans the refund he promised them years ago (not weeks/months)

It's up to him now

If he makes and takes the right steps forward the fans will go with him and support him on it every step of the way

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When all refunds are complete that then becomes a historical error but one you move on from
I think the fans just want a well run club with no self inflicted problems/drama and a chairman we can all really get behind

As a fan of Sheffield Wednesday FC you couldn't really get behind the decisions, mistakes, errors, PR blunders, point deductions, embargoes or relegations

It would be great if Chansiri kept quiet, gave more people who know what they're doing more autonomy and responsibility and started to lead this club with honour and competent future planning 

In the last five years we could have really dramatically improved the fan experience, the facilities, the feelgood factor of going to games, the positive supporter engagement, the openness and transparency, the future planning and the supporter/club interaction. We've done none of that and instead just had a fight between fans and chairman

We need HIM to sort this out - we can't as a fanbase no matter what we say/do we simply cannot force him to repay the fans the refund he promised them years ago (not weeks/months)

It's up to him now

If he makes and takes the right steps forward the fans will go with him and support him on it every step of the way

I'd argue that without the refunds, we seem to be on the way to doing this. 

This season we've barely heard a peep and he seems to have taken the backseat role we all wanted him to take.

The commercial arm of the club seems to have improved and whilst it still needs work, the media team are showing signs of progress. 

I think there's still a long way to go to gain the trust back from the fans and if he's serious then he needs to process these refunds as soon as possible.

Once they've been processed, I think as a fan base we might start to see some positivity around here. That's the hope anyways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not so sure about that if I’m honest 

28 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

I can't find 2 I can only see one which is about a new charge that's gone on record on the stadium

I'm really genuinely struggling to understand your point here

Here's the facts as far as I can see them

1) A new charge has been recorded against the football club's stadium - so it's being discussed as it's new/newsworthy

2) The chairman has reappeared at the club/match for the first time in 2 years - so it's being discussed as it's new/newsworthy

I'm honestly struggling to see your point about new or newsworthy things relating to our club and our chairman being discussed

A more relevant question here should surely be why are you so over-sensitive to our chairman being discussed when something newsworthy has happened

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I'd argue that without the refunds, we seem to be on the way to doing this. 

This season we've barely heard a peep and he seems to have taken the backseat role we all wanted him to take.

The commercial arm of the club seems to have improved and whilst it still needs work, the media team are showing signs of progress. 

I think there's still a long way to go to gain the trust back from the fans and if he's serious then he needs to process these refunds as soon as possible.

Once they've been processed, I think as a fan base we might start to see some positivity around here. That's the hope anyways.

Yes 100% mate - that's bang on and I agree

This is a very positive season so far in that respect

I've zero complaints about the chairman being in the background - it's what we want, what we need and is proving a more successful approach than the mad crazy ranting fight picking of the past 

Let's hope this all continues and that he refunds the fans NOW so we can put it all behind us

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Not so sure about that if I’m honest 

I am confident

He could easily turn out to change tactic and approach and become successful and the most loved Chairman in our history
But it would need to be his doing (it can't be the fans that do that) and would need a huge turnaround in how he operates and runs things

But it's doable

I hope it happens

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, kirksandallowl said:

It’s funny isn’t it, the team finally look like it’s starting to turn a corner, 3 wins and a draw in the last 4. Then we get a poster stirring it about unpaid wages without any evidence or corroboration. The same post then starts on the Sheffield 3 loan, another poster starts this thread knowing it will set fan against fan. 

A cynic might suggest the sleeper cells had been activated to try and derail any positivity that might begin to build. 

'Sleeper cells' tho 🙈..havnt seen this tragic phrase for a while..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1