Glorious Owner

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's literally his job mate

Yes, under normal circumstances. Do you not think that has presented a significant challenge for him give the pandemic and the impact that has had on the world economy. There will be millions of people facing unanticipated financial challenges since the pandemic that, pre pandemic, would never have dreamed of such challenge. Chansiri’s other businesses could have gone to the wall completely so I’m appreciative of the fact that they haven’t & that he can subsequently fund us.

Had he not been able to, I’m sure the whip round on here would have kept us in business for an hour or two. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Yes, under normal circumstances. Do you not think that has presented a significant challenge for him give the pandemic and the impact that has had on the world economy. There will be millions of people facing unanticipated financial challenges since the pandemic that, pre pandemic, would never have dreamed of such challenge. Chansiri’s other businesses could have gone to the wall completely so I’m appreciative of the fact that they haven’t & that he can subsequently fund us.

Had he not been able to, I’m sure the whip round on here would have kept us in business for an hour or two. 

I am unsure what you're trying to say?

It sounds like apologetic cap doffing, kneeling before the chairman nonsense to me now

lol

No offence like but as a business owner I've had to overcome many hurdles and still fund my businesses otherwise I'd lose them

That includes the pandemic and other business pressures/fads/trends

As a business owner I have to fund my business or I lose it

I could say "Had I not been able to, I’m sure the whip round on here would have kept me in business for an hour or two." but I wouldn't because I understand that a business owner has to fund his business if he wants to keep it

Your attempts to make it something bigger/more inspirational/more glorious than it is - that's quite odd to me

He's just a businessman funding his business so he doesn't lose his business

Like your local hairdresser has, your milkman, your local pub landlord, your driving instructor etc etc

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So are every other football club's chairmen
Let's not be claiming ours is doing anything out of the ordinary

Eh?

Think you'll find most have borrowed the money.

Very few chairmen actually dip into their own pockets

Like just about every chairman we've had in the past.

Or have you forgot about the high court steps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I am unsure what you're trying to say?

It sounds like apologetic cap doffing, kneeling before the chairman nonsense to me now

lol

No offence like but as a business owner I've had to overcome many hurdles and still fund my businesses otherwise I'd lose them

That includes the pandemic and other business pressures/fads/trends

As a business owner I have to fund my business or I lose it

I could say "Had I not been able to, I’m sure the whip round on here would have kept me in business for an hour or two." but I wouldn't because I understand that a business owner has to fund his business if he wants to keep it

Your attempts to make it something bigger/more inspirational/more glorious than it is - that's quite odd to me

He's just a businessman funding his business so he doesn't lose his business

Like your local hairdresser has, your milkman, your local pub landlord, your driving instructor etc etc

Nah, this feel like having a ‘debate’ with someone who lacks empathy or comprehension. Sadly some people lose their businesses but it appears that you don’t seem to acknowledge that. It’s seems like you think that because your business survived, all businesses should.

Forgive me for thinking it is quite inspirational for people to maintain their businesses during such a turbulent period. Unashamedly, I’m proud of my family and friend (or anybody) that has managed to keep their businesses afloat and their workforce  paid. It is a bit deal, I’m proud of my mates business that has kept 40+ staff employed during this time. You seem to be disparaging, and lacking empathy, to those that haven’t been able to. 

Likewise, I’m appreciative that Chansiri has been able to keep us afloat. He may have millions but with that come greater responsibility, and more financial obligations. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now we're gonna try and get into more technicalities of HOW they've continued to fund their clubs?

Come on now...

Let's not start this nonsense

Just putting right your inaccurate post.

Most chairmen do not fund clubs out of their own pockets

The odd Russian billionaire and Saudi sheikh maybe.

But the rest run it like a business and get loans.

Unless of course they don't lose money and there's not many of those around.

16 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Nah, this feel like having a ‘debate’ with someone who lacks empathy or comprehension. Sadly some people lose their businesses but it appears that you don’t seem to acknowledge that.

Eh?

I've never said that wasn't the case

Crikey  this really IS like pulling teeth

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why have you gone from debating the topic to just being weird?

(that IS a question)

I don’t think I’ve gone to being weird. I’m genuinely unsure of what you mean because you are quoting parts of comments and aren’t being clear on what you are asking, or which part of my comments you are referring to. 

Just now, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I don’t think I’ve gone to being weird. I’m genuinely unsure of what you mean because you are quoting parts of comments and aren’t being clear on what you are asking, or which part of my comments you are referring to. 

I’m genuinely struggling with your lack of clarity. I’m not purposely being obtuse.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m genuinely struggling with your lack of clarity. I’m not purposely being obtuse.

OK apologies if I misread you

I'm off to sleep now but will pick this up again with you tomorrow where we can discuss more!

Thanks for the chat mate - speak tomorrow 👍🏻

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, bobness said:

Just laying out the facts, mate!

I should add that Chansiri created a number of successful corporations to sponsor us. Without that sponsorhip money we wouldn't have been able to pay for players of the calibre we signed. He's gone to greater lengths than any other chairman. Let's also not forget that Chansiri hired a top solicitor, and our points deduction was halved! Many others wouldn't have even tried going toe to toe with the EFL.

This has to be comedy post of the year, toe to toe with the EFL, outstanding effort!

• Thanks 1