Glorious Owner

Let’s not also forget how this chairman has caused a minus 6/3 point sword of Damocles to hang over us for failing to pay the players 

but yeah

he's fulfilling his financial responsibilities 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Bloke from Thailand comes along. Gives a bit of hope to hope starved fanbase, him and his cronies trying to make a quick bob or two, and would have been gloriously happy to have done so. 

Screws it all up, in a fashion that had the entire football League laughing at us. Rides the covid wave like every other person. He, in a personal capacity having his Dads millions to fall back on. The fans, some, just trying to live week to week. 

Win two games and a visit to his pr base and all of a sudden, the arse kissers are out in force, while many lifelong supporters are still shafted and treated, ( much like the EFL rules) with contempt. 

Here we are, 3rd division, and one missing payday away from another 6 point deduction. 

Few other clubs have ended up like us. And yet again, the arse kissers worship his name.... and thank him for where we are. 

Phook chansiri and what he's done to this club. 

Post of the year.

10 hours ago, bobness said:

Just laying out the facts, mate!

I should add that Chansiri created a number of successful corporations to sponsor us. Without that sponsorhip money we wouldn't have been able to pay for players of the calibre we signed. He's gone to greater lengths than any other chairman. Let's also not forget that Chansiri hired a top solicitor, and our points deduction was halved! Many others wouldn't have even tried going toe to toe with the EFL.

clown-mcdonalds.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You mean like every other chairman/business owner?

I bankrolled my business through the pandemic and one of my businesses makes a loss but I bankroll it - do you wanna get down on your knees and kneel before ME too?

No - thought not.

Come on now - time to put this tired old cliche to bed isn't it?

Irrelevant reply, no don't feel the need to thank you as I have no vested interest in your business..no offence.

We would possibly have gone under without his investment

3 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Irrelevant reply, no don't feel the need to thank you as I have no vested interest in your business..no offence.

There is no escaping the fact that the club is in a much worse position in every conceivable area than when he took over.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

There is no escaping the fact that the club is in a much worse position in every conceivable area than when he took over.

I agree we are not in the best of health, and don't get me wrong I am no fan of Chansiri.

However realitically he has ploughed in money that has kept us in the game, albeit not a major player but still afloat for now.

If he hadn't taken over, maybe someone else would have and we would be in a far better state.

But maybe not, who knows?

17 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

I’ve said this before and it didn’t please some of our fanbase but living in Bolton I have asked quite a few of their supporters about what they were offered as ‘payback’ when they had bought season tickets when Covid came along. Apparently they all said the same ‘they wanted their new owners not to be obligated to pay them given they had been throttled by the EFL’.

ALL said they ‘wrote off the debt’ to them as a ‘show of support for the new owners’

Incidentally they were not offered alternatives like IFollow or credits in the club shop but a plea from the new owners to back their club through thick and thin. 

This is similar to a lot of stories across the football league, but context is everything.

Bolton have been on the brink, but they've bottomed out and are on the way back up. This level of good will and show of support coincided with a promotion season. 

Chansiri on the other hand has played fast and loose with the fans and their money for a while now. He's treated paying fans with contempt and has patronised and questioned the support at numerous turns. His financial negligence has backed the club into embargoes, sanctions, points deductions and relegation. 

Wednesday fans wanting refunds on their Covidball ST's is simply a mirror being held up to the relationship between the support and the owner. And like many other things about the current state of the club, it's on the chairman as to why that is.

A more relevant question to those Bolton fans might be "Would you have let the club keep your money if Covid happened 5 years ago?". I suspect not, but who knows.

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I agree we are not in the best of health, and don't get me wrong I am no fan of Chansiri.

However realitically he has ploughed in money that has kept us in the game, albeit not a major player but still afloat for now.

If he hadn't taken over, maybe someone else would have and we would be in a far better state.

But maybe not, who knows?

But it's his business, that's what he's supposed to do. 

That argument always reminds me of this Chris Rock stand up bit (won't embed for some reason)

https://youtu.be/6rIz0UmkcZs

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Andy W said:

Interesting reply

So you disregard totally everything I say to just say we should be grateful for Chansiri keeping us afloat 

Even when I’ve repeatedly shown time and time and time again that this is not any special, different, amazing or out of the ordinary

He simply funded his business so he didn’t lose his business 

Nothing more 

And when he sells (and he will) then he will reap the rewards of not losing his business and clear off with loads of cash 

Nothing special here at all - he’s literally just doing his job 

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting reply

So you disregard totally everything I say to just say we should be grateful for Chansiri keeping us afloat 

Even when I’ve repeatedly shown time and time and time again that this is not any special, different, amazing or out of the ordinary

He simply funded his business so he didn’t lose his business 

Nothing more 

And when he sells (and he will) then he will reap the rewards of not losing his business and clear off with loads of cash 

Nothing special here at all - he’s literally just doing his job 

Glad you found it interesting...as you seem unable or unwilling to see a different point of view I will bail out thanks

12 minutes ago, Andy W said:

Glad you found it interesting...as you seem unable or unwilling to see a different point of view I will bail out thanks

Why would I agree with a point by of view that is naive, factually incorrect and just WRONG?

And you bailing out with absolutely zero sense of irony after accusing others of not being willing to listen to a different opinion hasn’t been lost on me either 

Owlstalk Shop

Nips to the vending machine for more popcorn.........

I am enjoying this thread. The smell of debate is in the air.

It's wrong the way he has treated fans, but we all know his pig headedness wins out every time.

Chansiri could have been a great chairman but he can't admit he's wrong treats the fans and those owed money like mugs (new contract for Bannan, transfer fees etc all monies which could have gone to paying the fans back) and so he will go down as one of the many villains.

It's tough because he has bank rolled the club (which as owner is his obligation) but what about all the money the fans, us, have invested? We turn up through good and bad and let's be honest it's more bad then good paying our hard earned cash because of Love for the club. Chansiri is wrong, but sadly football is wrong, it takes all you have and leaves you in the 3rd tier of football, midweek in the rain at some shed. We are the abused partner.

• Like 1

I wonder if DC will sell us sooner rather than later? He must be getting bored of football club ownership by now? He’s kept his head down, been keeping his nose clean with the finances and knocked the press conferences on the head. All behaviours I’d expect to see if he’s trying to make the club look like less of a basket case. 

Im sure promotion out of this division would be a requirement for a decent buyer but I wouldn’t be surprised if something starts to bubble up in the second half of the season. Or maybe I’m just wishful thinking?

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

At least he isn't asset stripping us like the guy across the city

What assets do we have to strip?

A bit of land with a massive rusting stadium on it in a down-at-heel part of a post industrial northern city, that floods every few years?

I'm sure the property developers will be battering down his door.