Glorious Owner

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s not the fans fault the idiot has wasted millions of pounds taking the club backwards.

Yes it is. The fans were given a survey with the option to either invest in high quality players to get us into the Premier League, or to not invest in players and suffer mid table mediocrity year on year.

The fans opted for us to sign quality players, and look at where it has gotten us!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Yes it is. The fans were given a survey with the option to either invest in high quality players to get us into the Premier League, or to not invest in players and suffer mid table mediocrity year on year.

The fans opted for us to sign quality players, and look at where it has gotten us!

Goodness me! If you brown nose him any further your head will be coming out of his mouth!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Which bit of the survey asked if the fans would be happy having a points deduction. 

or selling the stadium in a half arśed way as to incur said points deduction 

I must have missed that page. 

If I recall correctly, the survey was sent after we already spunked loads on complete shyte, and then didn't really spend much more afterwards

lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Actually the options in the survey (a survey that was put out while we were under an embargo was either the club could keep Sky high ticket prices and continue to invest in the playing squad at “current levels” in order to get to the Premier League….

OR

We could reduce ticket prices to more reasonable levels but we might have to sell key players and promote more youth team players to the first team.

Fans voted for option A but Chancer gave us the worst of both worlds, he carried on charging stupidly high ticket prices but didn’t continue to invest at “current levels” into the playing squad.

Here’s a link to the survey results. Check out the date and then have a look at the players we signed AFTER this was sent out.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/owls-thank-supporters/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Goodness me! If you brown nose him any further your head will be coming out of his mouth!

Just laying out the facts, mate!

I should add that Chansiri created a number of successful corporations to sponsor us. Without that sponsorhip money we wouldn't have been able to pay for players of the calibre we signed. He's gone to greater lengths than any other chairman. Let's also not forget that Chansiri hired a top solicitor, and our points deduction was halved! Many others wouldn't have even tried going toe to toe with the EFL.

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, bobness said:

I should add that Chansiri created a number of successful corporations to sponsor us. Without that sponsorhip money we wouldn't have been able to pay for players of the calibre we signed. He's gone to greater lengths than any other chairman. Let's also not forget that Chansiri hired a top solicitor, and our points deduction was halved! Many others wouldn't have even tried going toe to toe with the EFL.

Bang on

Without the sponsorship money generated by D-Taxis we wouldn’t have been able to sign players like Almen Abdi, Jordan Rhodes, Joost Van Aken and Urby Emmanuelson.

Also the fact that our points deduction was just 6 points is another reason to be thanking him, especially as we were 5 points from safety when we got relegated.:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on

Without the sponsorship money generated by D-Taxis we wouldn’t have been able to sign players like Almen Abdi, Jordan Rhodes, Joost Van Aken and Urby Emmanuelson.

Also the fact that our points deduction was just 6 points is another reason to be thanking him, especially as we were 5 points from safety when we got relegated.:duntmatter:

Waste of money those 4 players.

At the end of the day Chansiri has given a lot of fans exactly what they want. Something to flaming moan about even when we win!

can’t we just enjoy the moment for a change and then start the ranting on Saturday if it all goes Pete tong again?

personally I am just happy someone is paying the electricity bill at the moment😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

All business owners have been bankrolling their businesses

Not sure why some Wednesday fans seem absolutely desperate to try and make out our chairman's doing something out of the ordinary?

Come on - time to put this old tired theory/cliche to bed once and for all

He's simply funded his business - something all business owners have had to do in order to keep hold of their business

It's nothing special/new/exciting/amazing

Nup, not all business owner have been bank rolling their businesses. Many, many businesses haven’t survived the pandemic. I think we should therefore be appreciative that our owner can. I’ve got mates whose businesses have gone under so your statement is factually incorrect. Walk around Meadowhall and Sheffield centre and are all the businesses that haven’t survived. John Lewis, Debenhams etc all gone. Those businesses haven’t been bankrolled.

I’m not suggesting it’s special/new/exciting/amazing, I’m suggesting that it’s not as easy as you suggest in the current climate. He could have easily diverted his funds elsewhere to support his other businesses if he’d needed to, or wanted. Instead, he’s spent fortunes on players kicking a bag of wind and to honour his commitment to a sometimes entitled fanbase. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Then they're not business owners?

Come on - let's play fair and be honest here ffs

I don’t follow? They had business but couldn’t afford to fund them during the pandemic. So technically not business owner now. So, like I pointed out, your statement is factually incorrect. Can you clarify the point you are trying to make because I’m missing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I don’t follow? They had business but couldn’t afford to fund them during the pandemic. So technically not business owner now. So, like I pointed out, your statement is factually incorrect. Can you clarify the point you are trying to make because I’m missing it. 

Nah doesn't matter mate - can't be bothered arguing over a trivial technicality

Our chairman has funded his business over tough times

So have millions of other business owners

Not sure why you wanna make out he's done something special - he hasn't

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Nah doesn't matter mate - can't be bothered arguing over a trivial technicality

Our chairman has funded his business over tough times

So have millions of other business owners

Not sure why you wanna make out he's done something special - he hasn't

I’m don’t believe I’m arguing over a technicality. Millions have but I imagine millions haven’t.

I’m not saying he’s done something special. In normal circumstances he should 100% honour all his commitments as he entered into them with his eyes wise open. I’m saying, due to the unforeseen pandemic, we could consider ourselves fortunate that’s he’s had the ability to do honour his financial commitments when many others, through no fault of their own, haven’t been able to.

Anyway, have a good evening.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

I’m don’t believe I’m arguing over a technicality. Millions have but I imagine millions haven’t.

I’m not saying he’s done something special. In normal circumstances he should 100% honour all his commitments as he entered into them with his eyes wise open. I’m saying, due to the unforeseen pandemic, we could consider ourselves fortunate that’s he’s had the ability to do honour his financial commitments when many others, through no fault of their own, haven’t been able to.

Anyway, have a good evening.

he hasn’t honoured his financial commitments 

there’s dozens of not hundreds that are STILL awaiting a refund that was promised over a year ago 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

he hasn’t honoured his financial commitments 

there’s dozens of not hundreds that are STILL awaiting a refund that was promised over a year ago 

OK, I take that point but the refunds (I imagine) are a relatively small percentage of the overall funding he has provided the club. He’s honoured his financial commitment to fund the club as an ongoing concern then? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobness said:

10/10 for effort! lol

• Haha 1