We Won… again!

Guest DoesJackHunt

Being realistic it was always going to take a while to gel with so much upheaval and on the back of a really bad season.

positives? We’ve lost three, one to the top of the league away, one to a last minute goal and the other we should have won comfortably. We are only five off the top with a game in hand. I would be happy with by Christmas. 

Negatives? We aren’t playing very well, and still don’t seem to know what our best team is.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, parajack said:

We didnt 'Win' as you put it,Bolton lost....its not the same thing....and we wont be that lucky very often..,playing as we are..,

Stop trying to embed your own values on others by asking leading Q...We want a manager thats capable of picking a team and choosing a style that allows us to not just 'win' games,but dominate and win easily.....

its not being 'negative' offering a critique when he insists on chopping and changing and setting up in such a negative way.....There  the term negative is being applied in an appropriate manner

Its not being positive as you call it,crowing about beating a side of 4th Div Kids,and scoring a goal and not playing well,but winning..

Its being nieve

I guess you mean NAIVE.

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Yes of course I meant the playoff positions, I know how a football season works. Abject failure? It would be disappointing not abject failure surely? 

Your disappointment is my abject failure lucky WW fans eh?  If only we could be as good as them …,,

Guest DoesJackHunt
42 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your disappointment is my abject failure lucky WW fans eh?  If only we could be as good as them …,,

Well abject failure has a dictionary definition and that is failure to the maximum degree. 

Abject failure for a 3 game period would be 0 points, not 7..... and as you pointed out to me earlier, a season isn't complete after 3 games.

Abject failure for a season would be relegation with 0 points, I think (relegation would probably cut it for me definition wise).

it's very difficult for me to have a balanced discussion with you between the repeated "clapper" jibes and your reworking of the definitions in the English language. (I'm not having a go at your Dyslexia though, i would like to make that clear. you wont get pulled up for spelling from me).

We are miles away from agreeing because we have different expectations for the season.

Even if we lose the next 3, i will not be calling for Darren Moore's head and I certainly wont be if we only manage to get 5/6 points out of the next available 9 which would fall below your acceptable points return.

Personally, I don't think Managers should be changed outside the transfer windows. if we are really struggling in Jan, then maybe I might think it's time for a change but I wouldn't change if we were where we are now, a few points of the playoff places. 

WW haven't been promoted yet, they are just doing better than us at the moment, I find that frustrating but nothing more than that and there is still a very long way to go this season. 

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Well abject failure has a dictionary definition and that is failure to the maximum degree. 

Abject failure for a 3 game period would be 0 points, not 7..... and as you pointed out to me earlier, a season isn't complete after 3 games.

Abject failure for a season would be relegation with 0 points, I think (relegation would probably cut it for me definition wise).

it's very difficult for me to have a balanced discussion with you between the repeated "clapper" jibes and your reworking of the definitions in the English language. (I'm not having a go at your Dyslexia though, i would like to make that clear. you wont get pulled up for spelling from me).

We are miles away from agreeing because we have different expectations for the season.

Even if we lose the next 3, i will not be calling for Darren Moore's head and I certainly wont be if we only manage to get 5/6 points out of the next available 9 which would fall below your acceptable points return.

Personally, I don't think Managers should be changed outside the transfer windows. if we are really struggling in Jan, then maybe I might think it's time for a change but I wouldn't change if we were where we are now, a few points of the playoff places. 

WW haven't been promoted yet, they are just doing better than us at the moment, I find that frustrating but nothing more than that and there is still a very long way to go this season. 

Stop writing essays & giving out lectures FFS who cares what the OED says what 'abject failure' is?? I have given you an opinion about what i consider to be  abject failure,and why.....not winning all three games or at least winning two and drawing one,against our forthcoming opposition would be failure to a maximum degree in my opinion   Why? because it would be a benchmark for where our season is heading,You disagree fine,just say so.....

For me anything less than an automatic promotion spot is in this Division,with this squad,is failure,and i have said why.,,I currently would have zero confidence in DM being able to take us up through the play off systym,so reaching the Play Offs for me,is full of unknowns...

I would be over the moon to be wrong,and our form and resuts over the next three games will give us a better guide...

Lets return than,and we can continue our debate,i hope that we are 9 point to the good ,in a play off position,and you are proven right...as to the 'clapping' reposts from me,you really must expect such if after scraping past a Mansfield side full of kids with a last ditch goal,amd managing to win against  Bolton that were only recently the 4th tier themselves  you post as you did.....

6 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

True.

People expect instant success following relegation.

When was the last time that happened?

I'll guess about 70 years ago.

Not accurate plenty of sides achieve it,Rotherham,Barnsley,Norwich...even our opponents Bolton managed it and returned to the PL first time,in happier times and also got back into L1 first time...when may i ask will be a better time?...WW look to be in a good position to return to the Championship,but a long way to go yet....

Guest DoesJackHunt
28 minutes ago, parajack said:

Stop writing essays & giving out lectures FFS who cares what the OED says what 'abject failure' is?? I have given you an opinion about what i consider to be  abject failure,and why.....not winning all three games or at least winning two and drawing one,against our forthcoming opposition would be failure to a maximum degree in my opinion   Why? because it would be a benchmark for where our season is heading,You disagree fine,just say so.....

For me anything less than an automatic promotion spot is in this Division,with this squad,is failure,and i have said why.,,I currently would have zero confidence in DM being able to take us up through the play off systym,so reaching the Play Offs for me,is full of unknowns...

I would be over the moon to be wrong,and our form and resuts over the next three games will give us a better guide...

Lets return than,and we can continue our debate,i hope that we are 9 point to the good ,in a play off position,and you are proven right...as to the 'clapping' reposts from me,you really must expect such if after scraping past a Mansfield side full of kids with a last ditch goal,amd managing to win against  Bolton that were only recently the 4th tier themselves  you post as you did.....

Don't you tell me what to do Mr! you aren't the boss of me!

I'm not giving out lectures ParaJack and i'll write what i ever I feel is necessary to get my point across. Your opinion of what abject failure is wrong. 

No, It's not OK and I don't expect the Clapping jibes, I'm not calling you a bed wetter or a drama queen, so what's with the personal jibes?

You also miss many of the points i've raised in my previous essays, about recruitment, building for the longer term, the uncertainty of who comes next etc. it's not just about the quality of the football in my opinion. I've agreed with you that I don't think the football is great, i'm not blind.

As per my previous post, I have no real interest in taking our conversation up again in 3 games time. Even if we have lost all three I wont be on the same page as you. I want us to give Darren Moore time and you don't.

We don't have the same opinion and I think we've probably discussed it enough, that being said I'm happy to debate with you if you can cut out the personal jibes and you telling me what I can and can't do. 

I'm not down for that and it's wearing a bit thin.

8 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Don't you tell me what to do Mr! you aren't the boss of me!

I'm not giving out lectures ParaJack and i'll write what i ever I feel is necessary to get my point across. Your opinion of what abject failure is wrong. 

No, It's not OK and I don't expect the Clapping jibes, I'm not calling you a bed wetter or a drama queen, so what's with the personal jibes?

You also miss many of the points i've raised in my previous essays, about recruitment, building for the longer term, the uncertainty of who comes next etc. it's not just about the quality of the football in my opinion. I've agreed with you that I don't think the football is great, i'm not blind.

As per my previous post, I have no real interest in taking our conversation up again in 3 games time. Even if we have lost all three I wont be on the same page as you. I want us to give Darren Moore time and you don't.

We don't have the same opinion and I think we've probably discussed it enough, that being said I'm happy to debate with you if you can cut out the personal jibes and you telling me what I can and can't do. 

I'm not down for that and it's wearing a bit thin.

YAWN................................

On 09/10/2021 at 22:12, DoesJackHunt said:

Get behind the team,

loads of new players.

Won 3/4.

Can and will play better.

Bore off moaning.

You can choose to be positive or negative.

why chose to be negative now. Who benefits 

Spot on and it could so easily have been 4 out of 4 had penalty been given for push on Paterson v Oxford. 

Some fans would still be moaning though because we're not playing the fast flowing football Liverpool and Manchester United play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Not accurate plenty of sides achieve it,Rotherham,Barnsley,Norwich...even our opponents Bolton managed it and returned to the PL first time,in happier times and also got back into L1 first time...when may i ask will be a better time?...WW look to be in a good position to return to the Championship,but a long way to go yet....

I was referring to OUR history, not all 92 clubs, but let's hope we make it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

I was referring to OUR history, not all 92 clubs, but let's hope we make it.

I know mate but history can be made and records broken…we are listening to too much of ‘this is a hard division to get out of’ rhetoric we are going to finish up as also tans if DM doesn’t change his tactics, and it will be ALL our own doing

38 minutes ago, parajack said:

I know mate but history can be made and records broken…we are listening to too much of ‘this is a hard division to get out of’ rhetoric we are going to finish up as also tans if DM doesn’t change his tactics, and it will be ALL our own doing

Nothing like a decent 'Tan' eh? oh the wonders of spellcheck.and predictive text.....

I watched the full match replay last night on iFollow. I've taken to watching the games listening to the away commentary to try and get some perspective on where we were.

First thing worth mentioning is the Bolton commentators were so biased I only managed the first 30 mins. Zero objectivity.

Two out of three of three Bolton pre-match pundits talking about the game thought they were going to beat us 3-1. Now maybe, put into the context of the above it may have been pure bias and blind faith.

What can take away from this:

- Teams don't fear playing Wednesday, and they expect to beat us. (And that's been going on for years)

- Bolton are a good League One team, which played well, and we still beat them, not having everything going our way for 90 minutes.

- Don't believe the hype (But enjoy the Bravado if you must)

16 hours ago, parajack said:

You tell someone to "stop writing essays" then crack on writing one yourself! FFS🤣  Unbelievable Geoff!!

• Like 1