We Won… again!

Guest DoesJackHunt

3 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Inevitably because their players have been together a lot longer than ours - that's all

Wigan signed 15 this summer, Wycombe and Oxford 11, Plymouth & Sunderland 9, Oxford 10.

You make it sound like we are the only ones.

6 of our 11 starters yesterday have been here some time. We look more disjointed now than we did at the start of the season, it is the opposite of gelling and understanding what the best 11 and formation is.  

17 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Get behind the team,

loads of new players.

Won 3/4.

Can and will play better.

Bore off moaning.

You can choose to be positive or negative.

why chose to be negative now. Who benefits 

We didnt 'Win' as you put it,Bolton lost....its not the same thing....and we wont be that lucky very often..,playing as we are..,

Stop trying to embed your own values on others by asking leading Q...We want a manager thats capable of picking a team and choosing a style that allows us to not just 'win' games,but dominate and win easily.....

its not being 'negative' offering a critique when he insists on chopping and changing and setting up in such a negative way.....There  the term negative is being applied in an appropriate manner

Its not being positive as you call it,crowing about beating a side of 4th Div Kids,and scoring a goal and not playing well,but winning..

Its being nieve

• Like 1

6 hours ago, doubleo said:

Let’s be right, even Newcastle with all their billions aren’t pulling any trees up are they FFS ?

The latest bumfest by the geordies has upset Chelsea fans no end...now they have to sell their man city shirts and stump up anthother 60 quid for a newcastle one.

Guest DoesJackHunt
12 minutes ago, parajack said:

We didnt 'Win' as you put it,Bolton lost....its not the same thing....and we wont be that lucky very often..,playing as we are..,

Stop trying to embed your own values on others by asking leading Q...We want a manager thats capable of picking a team and choosing a style that allows us to not just 'win' games,but dominate and win easily.....

its not being 'negative' offering a critique when he insists on chopping and changing and setting up in such a negative way.....There  the term negative is being applied in an appropriate manner

Its not being positive as you call it,crowing about beating a side of 4th Div Kids,and scoring a goal and not playing well,but winning..

Its being nieve

We did win and Bolton lost and it is the same thing!

why can’t I put my positive opinion across if your going to put your negative across? 
what are you doing that’s different from me? 
you want us to batter teams week in week out with a squad very much in its infancy. I think your expectation are completely unrealistic and people hammering the Manager at this stage of the season is unnecessarily negative. 

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

We did win and Bolton lost and it is the same thing!

why can’t I put my positive opinion across if your going to put your negative across? 
what are you doing that’s different from me? 
you want us to batter teams week in week out with a squad very much in its infancy. I think your expectation are completely unrealistic and people hammering the Manager at this stage of the season is unnecessarily negative. 

The difference is your labeling your own view as 'positive' and anyone else who doesnt share it as 'negative'..ime not doing that i would like nothing better than to come on here and post DM is doing a great job.

Bolton were by far the better side,and should have thumped us by a hatfull...

DM changed his team because of injurys to key players its seems,rather than reacting to issues on the field...Open your eyes and stop clapping

Have a look who is sat in an automatic promotion spot ....& tell me you think we couldnt or shouldnt be at least capable of matching WW achievements...

Guest DoesJackHunt
32 minutes ago, parajack said:

The difference is your labeling your own view as 'positive' and anyone else who doesnt share it as 'negative'..ime not doing that i would like nothing better than to come on here and post DM is doing a great job.

Bolton were by far the better side,and should have thumped us by a hatfull...

DM changed his team because of injurys to key players its seems,rather than reacting to issues on the field...Open your eyes and stop clapping

Have a look who is sat in an automatic promotion spot ....& tell me you think we couldnt or shouldnt be at least capable of matching WW achievements...

Open my eyes and stop clapping? 
we’ve changed the entire squad more or less and we aren’t a million miles away, I would rather give Darren Moore time to build something on the pitch given the good work he seems to be doing it off it, in terms of the player and staff recruitment and placing more of an emphasis on youth development.

I can honestly live with a couple of years in league one and it’s always tricky the first season in any new league, so my expectations for the season are probably below where yours are. 
I don’t think the football is great at the moment, not at all.

Results arn’t too bad though and I believe the talent in the group will start to show through as they play more together and the side becomes more settled. 
I don’t think it’s stretching the imagination too far to imagine that could happen.

you obviously don’t think that and I respect that. 

if we change Managers we could get anyone. They might want to start buying experienced pro’s again.

I’m happy to give Darren Moore plenty of time

1. Because I’m not worried if we don’t get straight back up this year, I expect us to be competitive and absolutely challenging next year.

2. Because I have concerns that changing the manager could upset a lot of good work that is going into the middle to longer term development of the club.

im not clapping blindly I just don’t have the same opinion as you and don’t think things are as bad as you. 

7 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Open my eyes and stop clapping? 
we’ve changed the entire squad more or less and we aren’t a million miles away, I would rather give Darren Moore time to build something on the pitch given the good work he seems to be doing it off it, in terms of the player and staff recruitment and placing more of an emphasis on youth development.

I can honestly live with a couple of years in league one and it’s always tricky the first season in any new league, so my expectations for the season are probably below where yours are. 
I don’t think the football is great at the moment, not at all.

Results arn’t too bad though and I believe the talent in the group will start to show through as they play more together and the side becomes more settled. 
I don’t think it’s stretching the imagination too far to imagine that could happen.

you obviously don’t think that and I respect that. 

if we change Managers we could get anyone. They might want to start buying experienced pro’s again.

I’m happy to give Darren Moore plenty of time

1. Because I’m not worried if we don’t get straight back up this year, I expect us to be competitive and absolutely challenging next year.

2. Because I have concerns that changing the manager could upset a lot of good work that is going into the middle to longer term development of the club.

im not clapping blindly I just don’t have the same opinion as you and don’t think things are as bad as you. 

Lets continue our conversation after the  next 3 games

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, parajack said:

Lets continue our conversation after the  next 3 games

Well if that’s not negative, then what is? 
see you in three games when we’re in the playoffs! 

Come On Wednesday!!

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Well if that’s not negative, then what is? 
see you in three games when we’re in the playoffs! 

Come On Wednesday!!

Clapping again....I simply said lets continue our convo after the next three games...See if DM  has changed his set up....By the way we wont be 'in the play offs'...well until we are at Season close.so i assume you mean in a position that would qualify us,were we to get and remain there?

Lets see if DM sticks to playing it out,with a lone striker,and if that gets us results....Lets see if we score goals and look impressive against a bunch of poor sides,who we should easily beat.

9 points easily achievable,at least on paper...in my view,nothing less than 7 should be seen as abject failure

On 09/10/2021 at 17:18, DoesJackHunt said:

3 out of 4 mate. Last Saturday was horrible, it happens. 

with Moore it wil happen again and again. I honestly hope that he makes it. With poor tactics, I doubt it. I hope he proves me wrong

Drunks on me if he makes it. Err in Buffalo.

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, parajack said:

Clapping again....I simply said lets continue our convo after the next three games...See if DM  has changed his set up....By the way we wont be 'in the play offs'...well until we are at Season close.so i assume you mean in a position that would qualify us,were we to get and remain there?

Lets see if DM sticks to playing it out,with a lone striker,and if that gets us results....Lets see if we score goals and look impressive against a bunch of poor sides,who we should easily beat.

9 points easily achievable,at least on paper...in my view,nothing less than 7 should be seen as abject failure

Yes of course I meant the playoff positions, I know how a football season works. Abject failure? It would be disappointing not abject failure surely? 

On 10/10/2021 at 08:54, doubleo said:

It’s not pretty and we aren’t playing well, but we’re 1 point off the playoffs, 5 off top spot with a game in hand and still only October !  Things can only get better.  Let’s be right, even Newcastle with all their billions aren’t pulling any trees up are they FFS ?

True.

People expect instant success following relegation.

When was the last time that happened?

I'll guess about 70 years ago.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 09:05, adelphi1867 said:

We have had 10 changes of manager since 2016.

That's an average  of 7.8 months between managers, how the feck is changing the manager so often benefiting the team, let alone the club.

This squad has been to gether for less then 65 month's, Jesus and his dad could not turn them into a winning team i n such a short time.. Posters say we have the squad to be challenging?, well look at the legue, we are 1 point off the play off's and 5 point's off automatic.

I have not changed my pre-season view that we will NOT go up this season, but will finish in between 6th & 10th, stopping the rot.

Glad your happy with just stopping the rot 

me personally I am not but we all have different opinions 

wawaw 

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wigan signed 15 this summer, Wycombe and Oxford 11, Plymouth & Sunderland 9, Oxford 10.

You make it sound like we are the only ones.

6 of our 11 starters yesterday have been here some time. We look more disjointed now than we did at the start of the season, it is the opposite of gelling and understanding what the best 11 and formation is.  

True, but they are club's who knew what is needed to play in this division, we are only just beginning that process.

1 hour ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

True.

People expect instant success following relegation.

When was the last time that happened?

I'll guess about 70 years ago.

wi your username you should know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.