Gone but not forgotten...

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I find myself wondering who decides which ex players / staff have a minute’s silence, two minutes, black arm bands, minute’s applause, picture on the programme cover or nothing at all. 

:Chansiri:

16 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I find myself wondering who decides which ex players / staff have a minute’s silence, two minutes, black arm bands, minute’s applause, picture on the programme cover or nothing at all. 

As you can guess various factors involved, we've lost several players already in my own age bracket late 40s but none were iconic or long served

As much as i enjoyed watch Dalian Atkinson hes not the same kind of legend as his strike partner Hirsty. 

As much as i regret the passing of any of our former players or staff some do gain greater appreciation amongst our fanbase. 

36 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

It must be difficult to decide, but I guess length of service,  commitment and contribution to the club, whether successful and the hard to define popularity.

What is it they say about only 2 certainties in life Death and taxes. Now I dont want to come over as uncaring but I cant come to terms with all these public outpourings of grief which have got steadily worse since the death of Princess Diana when for a few days the country went totally batty. I dont wish harm or ill on anyone but I refuse to join in unless I knew them personally. Example - 1st game in any new year and we have the charade of a minutes silence for all those belonging to the Wednesday family who have died in the previous 12 months. Excuse me unless I knew them Im sorry Im not interested,  I might be stood there observing a minutes silence for some wife beater or kiddy fiddler. Grief in my view should be private and should remain so.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

I might be stood there observing a minutes silence for some wife beater or kiddy fiddler.

I think that speaks volumes about you than anyone else who might want to pay their respects to anyone from the Owls family who has died...

• Like 1

Just now, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Just a symptom of the general wokeness that infests this country. And what Owls family is this then.

It's the one who doesn't automatically think about our fans who have passed without thinking about wife beating or paedophilia...go figure 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

What is it they say about only 2 certainties in life Death and taxes. Now I dont want to come over as uncaring but I cant come to terms with all these public outpourings of grief which have got steadily worse since the death of Princess Diana when for a few days the country went totally batty. I dont wish harm or ill on anyone but I refuse to join in unless I knew them personally. Example - 1st game in any new year and we have the charade of a minutes silence for all those belonging to the Wednesday family who have died in the previous 12 months. Excuse me unless I knew them Im sorry Im not interested,  I might be stood there observing a minutes silence for some wife beater or kiddy fiddler. Grief in my view should be private and should remain so.  

Dont join in then, no one will know or care.

Can I also suggest you don't join in the conversation on threads like this if that's the contribution you have to add

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1