Why are people so shocked?

10 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

I think it’s crazy calling for Darren Moore’s head already! We have brought in 14 new players, it’s going to take time, we knew this before the season started, but I think the positive results we had at the start has given fans a false view on where we are. We were never going to challenge top two this season IMO, we’re in transition, but I still think this team is fully capable of getting top 6 once they click. 

At the beginning of the year people were calling for Paul Cook to get the job, and look how he is getting on at Ipswich, they are in the relegation zone! Had Darren Moore of started as poorly as Paul Cook has, it would have been an absolute meltdown on here, and they’re in the same situation as us, trying to bed in a whole new team. Some would also argue they have brought in better players than us too, and supposedly have a better manager than we do. 

We were very unlucky against Morecambe, we dominated that game, and should really have won that comfortably, but for poor finishing and decision making in the final third. It was a snatch and grab, and nobody can really say otherwise IMO. 

Yesterday was a poor result, there is no way of getting away from that. If we turn up like that, just expecting to win, it won’t be the first time this season that we will come away with a hammering. These players need to learn from yesterday, and Moore does too, and I am confident he/they will. You only have to look at Doncaster last season, Moore had them fighting autos at one stage, and they dropped like a stone once he left, and still dropping. 

Sacking Moore would be ludicrous, and would set us back even further IMO.

As for Chansiri, you can’t deny he has made some very bad decisions, and to date has a been a very poor owner. I am not a fan of him either, and wouldn’t be concerned if he decided to leave, but for now we are stuck with him. 

It does appear that he is allowing Moore full reign of transfers though, it’s clear these players are Moore signings, and not brought in by DC’s advisers, so that’s a positive change of direction for now. 

I’m confident we will have a good season, and may even sneak into the play offs, IF we stick with Moore. 

Sorry for the long rant, never really post on here, but can’t believe people are already jumping on the managers back after one poor defeat and performance. 

Mad innit 

Utterly bizarre behaviour 

Unless of course they’ve just been sat silently waiting for the first defeat so they can pop back out and have a go and call for his head 

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

I think it’s crazy calling for Darren Moore’s head already! We have brought in 14 new players, it’s going to take time, we knew this before the season started, but I think the positive results we had at the start has given fans a false view on where we are. We were never going to challenge top two this season IMO, we’re in transition, but I still think this team is fully capable of getting top 6 once they click. 

At the beginning of the year people were calling for Paul Cook to get the job, and look how he is getting on at Ipswich, they are in the relegation zone! Had Darren Moore of started as poorly as Paul Cook has, it would have been an absolute meltdown on here, and they’re in the same situation as us, trying to bed in a whole new team. Some would also argue they have brought in better players than us too, and supposedly have a better manager than we do. 

We were very unlucky against Morecambe, we dominated that game, and should really have won that comfortably, but for poor finishing and decision making in the final third. It was a snatch and grab, and nobody can really say otherwise IMO. 

Yesterday was a poor result, there is no way of getting away from that. If we turn up like that, just expecting to win, it won’t be the first time this season that we will come away with a hammering. These players need to learn from yesterday, and Moore does too, and I am confident he/they will. You only have to look at Doncaster last season, Moore had them fighting autos at one stage, and they dropped like a stone once he left, and still dropping. 

Sacking Moore would be ludicrous, and would set us back even further IMO.

As for Chansiri, you can’t deny he has made some very bad decisions, and to date has a been a very poor owner. I am not a fan of him either, and wouldn’t be concerned if he decided to leave, but for now we are stuck with him. 

It does appear that he is allowing Moore full reign of transfers though, it’s clear these players are Moore signings, and not brought in by DC’s advisers, so that’s a positive change of direction for now. 

I’m confident we will have a good season, and may even sneak into the play offs, IF we stick with Moore. 

Sorry for the long rant, never really post on here, but can’t believe people are already jumping on the managers back after one poor defeat and performance. 

Two poor defeats on the trot preceded by four games which could have easily led to poorer results.  We need to step up a few gears.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Two poor defeats on the trot preceded by four games which could have easily led to poorer results.  We need to step up a few gears.

That’s all it is really 

Anyone going further and calling for a manager to be sacked or midweek videos of players looking happy needs to be smacked round the head with a rusty spade to knock the sense back into em

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I did say poor performance and defeat. The performance against Morecambe wasn’t poor, and was undeserved. 

My concern, is the mentality of the players, we have yet to win a game after going a goal down first. That needs change, and I confident as soon as that happens this season, the confidence of the team will increase massively and we’ll do okay, and like I said may even sneak into the play offs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

I did say poor performance and defeat. The performance against Morecambe wasn’t poor, and was undeserved. 

My concern, is the mentality of the players, we have yet to win a game after going a goal down first. That needs change, and I confident as soon as that happens this season, the confidence of the team will increase massively and we’ll do okay, and like I said may even sneak into the play offs. 

I don't think results depend on how confident you feel.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I don't think results depend on how confident you feel.

You don’t think confidence plays a big part in results? Cause it does.

You see the players head drop when they concede. Once they get past that mental barrier and get a win after going a goal down, it will give them a massive confidence boost moving forward. 

Add to the fact that when the team clicks, which it will soon, we’ll kick on. 

6 minutes ago, sheld1310 said:

You don’t think confidence plays a big part in results? Cause it does.

You see the players head drop when they concede. Once they get past that mental barrier and get a win after going a goal down, it will give them a massive confidence boost moving forward. 

Add to the fact that when the team clicks, which it will soon, we’ll kick on. 

No you personally

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s all it is really 

Anyone going further and calling for a manager to be sacked or midweek videos of players looking happy needs to be smacked round the head with a rusty spade to knock the sense back into em

lol

You mate are sailing close to the wind when it comes to the smacking targets, first you expect me to buy a pitchfork, now it’s a rusty spade? Also is it players or fans that get spaded or pitch forked? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Five Archers said:

You mate are sailing close to the wind when it comes to the smacking targets, first you expect me to buy a pitchfork, now it’s a rusty spade? Also is it players or fans that get spaded or pitch forked? 

Well I for one will be purchasing both then spinning round and around with them in my hands like a spinning top of truth and righteousness

Clobbering the stupid with my sense sticks

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well I for one will be purchasing both then spinning round and around with them in my hands like a spinning top of truth and righteousness

Clobbering the stupid with my sense sticks

Just to let you know some may need clobbering more than once and don’t burn out too soon, it’s a long hard season my friend 

Just now, Five Archers said:

Just to let you know some may need clobbering more than once and don’t burn out too soon, it’s a long hard season my friend 

Oh yes - definitely
Having ran this site since the dawn of the internetz I've come to be aware of the madness within some of them

I feel like some sort of rescue worker trying to save their souls from stupidity disease

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Absolutely, Even the games where we picked up points it was hard going. We would have patches where we looked good but thats all it was patches. We played the best we have tis season at Morcambe...and lost,  mainly poor finishing. Yesterday was dreadful.  I don't know what went wrong, off day or the keepers mistake giving them the early goal and us not responding. Whatever it was it needs sorting.

We have quality in midfield but lacked energy, we were a yard late to everything and that is being generous. We failed to defend and got ripped open mainly down the right, Hunt was poor, really poor but I can't remember Sow coming back to help out. Maybe he did and I missed it. Was that why Sow got hooked?

Let's move on.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 02:40, legendaryswan said:

I said all this after the donny game but the ******** that runs the site shouted me down and his mates jumped in to support him. 

Wonder how supportive theyl be on the train to Torquay and Solihull moors

Neil was slagging chansiri off last season not sure what his stance on him or others are now, I can't stand chansiri myself,  even when Pulis resigned he didn't want the embarrassment so sacked him instead paying all of his compensation.

He can't stand people that face up to him and sadly as much as Darren Moore is a lovely chap he will just go along with everything Chansiri says - sadly this will hold the club back! 

No wonder Megson didn't want to come back here.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2021 at 11:18, adelphi1867 said:

Any fan who seriously expected us the go up this season really does need h their heads examining.

We released a shed load of players and signed 14? new players over a short time, now it could work out that those players MAY gel instantly, but it is more likely to take several month's.

I said at the end of last season that it would take 3 window's before we began to see any lasting improvement's, I still hold that view.

As for the future of Moore?, he has not been here 12 month's but the turnover of players has been spectacular, I believe he will take us back to the Championship, but not this season.

Garbage mate.

We have a squad of players that actually could be doing way better then we are, the Fleetwood victory we hung on for dear life in the end at home, Donny and Roth were not convincing, let's have another 6 games and see where we are, I'm willing to do that, but I will not hold my breath for DM, just do not rate him one bit.

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Neil was slagging chansiri off last season not sure what his stance on him or others are now

My stance hasn’t changed one bit mate 

But my approach is not to even think about the man or let him ruin this season (for me personally)

The further away he is from the spotlight the better far as I’m concerned 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Garbage mate.

We have a squad of players that actually could be doing way better then we are, the Fleetwood victory we hung on for dear life in the end at home, Donny and Roth were not convincing, let's have another 6 games and see where we are, I'm willing to do that, but I will not hold my breath for DM, just do not rate him one bit.

Lets hope for all our sakes he really proves you wrong in that case 👍

Im rooting for him 100% right now and want him to smash this league 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

My stance hasn’t changed one bit mate 

But my approach is not to even think about the man or let him ruin this season (for me personally)

The further away he is from the spotlight the better far as I’m concerned 

Fair enough mate I've never felt so distanced from the club, but my stance will still remain, I'll not set foot back at Hillsborough till he has left, now some might say I'm bitter , maybe I am, some have called me a shìt fan 😀 err yeah.

Voted with my feet and stuck by my guns unlike many fans but that's their choice.