Why are people so shocked?

12 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Can't believe people are spitting their little dummies out, didn't you expect this or something? 

Chansiri has got us relegated on his watch yet people are forgiving him in their droves just because he's signed some players, ' yeah but everyone makes mistakes ' said some, ' he's learning ' and the famous ' be careful what you wish far' said others 🙂we only have Moore because he is a yes man and will bend over whilst Chansiri calls the shots....DM is no manager imo.

Who will come if he goes ? Probably no one because no one wants to work with an idiot running the show, did he really sack Pulis erm nope but he was forced too before he was embarrassed.

Club is still a joke in but pink shirts now.

Any fan who seriously expected us the go up this season really does need h their heads examining.

We released a shed load of players and signed 14? new players over a short time, now it could work out that those players MAY gel instantly, but it is more likely to take several month's.

I said at the end of last season that it would take 3 window's before we began to see any lasting improvement's, I still hold that view.

As for the future of Moore?, he has not been here 12 month's but the turnover of players has been spectacular, I believe he will take us back to the Championship, but not this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

This division was never going to be easy, because the lads playing in it give 100%.

Many have come from non-league and they know how lucky they are to be playing professional football.

They might not be great technically, but they make up for that in effort.

So we need to match our opponents with endeavour.

We were just off it today, and they had the run of the ball in front of goal but we didn't.

Channers can't be blamed for today's result.

We didn't have the run of the ball in front of goal against Charlton, Morecambe and Fleetwood either.  Lets hope we do against the Shrews, already we need to win to keep up with the pack when we should be setting the early pace. 

7 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Always amazes me how irrational football fans are when it comes to their clubs fortunes. When results go right apparently everything is great but when they go bad nothing at all is right at the club.

The biggest thing today was it was a bad day at the office with everyone underperforming at the same time, it’s one game not a pattern or trend. BPF got player of the month and has been playing well for NI as well, makes a mistake and we’re on the back foot after 8 mins. Yeah if it had been Dawson/Wildsmith they’d have got pelters but that’s because they do it every other week for us, whereas BPF has made one error and it happens.

We’ve got more than enough good players for this level, I don’t get all the posters trying to blame Chansiri.. just irrational nonsense. If he’d not signed the players then yeah, but he has. And most agree it’s a good and balanced squad and we’ve kept our best players.

We’ve played  8 games in all competitions this season and been equal or on top in all of them apart from today. So there’s evidence we’re doing ok overall, if we’d got the 3 points we deserved at Morecambe it wouldn’t have been such an issue.

We’ll be fine with this squad, top 6 for sure. The only variable is what the manager gets out of them because I think on paper we should be trying to win the league.. Moore needs to be more attacking though to do that, top teams in any league tend to score goals and put teams away in a lot of games.

I’d like to see 2 up front, we’ve got the players for it now and I’d go back to 4-4-2. Gregory/Kamberi/Paterson and Berahino/Windass should be good enough in a front two. The issue is then centre mid, we need Adeniran to play the Carlton Palmer role as I don’t think we have anyone else who can. Bannan and Adeniran should be fine as a 2 at this level. Our wingers would probably fit better too as a lot of them are more wide players than wide forwards which is what’s needed in a 4-3-3.

It's exactly a trend we have played progressively worse each game since the first home game, we need to stop the rot now.  Yesterday was not a bad at the office its where the performances have being leading to. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Can't believe people are spitting their little dummies out, didn't you expect this or something? 

Chansiri has got us relegated on his watch yet people are forgiving him in their droves just because he's signed some players, ' yeah but everyone makes mistakes ' said some, ' he's learning ' and the famous ' be careful what you wish far' said others 🙂we only have Moore because he is a yes man and will bend over whilst Chansiri calls the shots....DM is no manager imo.

Who will come if he goes ? Probably no one because no one wants to work with an idiot running the show, did he really sack Pulis erm nope but he was forced too before he was embarrassed.

and you accuse other people of spitting their dummies out.

I can understand your attitude to DC to some extent, he is responsible for our relegation because of the way he ran the club, good intentions maybe but inept and got most things wrong.

On the other hand he has employed a respected manager and seems to have stepped back and let Moore get on with the job. Will he continue to do so? Who knows but so far it feels better than it did.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It's exactly a trend we have played progressively worse each game since the first home game, we need to stop the rot now.  Yesterday was not a bad at the office its where the performances have being leading to. 

Huddersfield - not much in it, scrappy 0-0

Charlton - not much in it, scrappy 0-0

Doncaster - on top, comfortable 2-0

Fleetwood - well on top first half an hour, should have been more than 1-0 up, saw the game out 

Rotherham - poor first half, well on top second half 

Morecambe - battered them and should have been 3-0 up before we went behind

Newcastle kids - battered them

Plymouth - shocking 

So it’s not a trend.. first game where we’ve not been on top or equal 

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Fleetwood - well on top first half an hour, should have been more than 1-0 up, saw the game out 

Plymouth - shocking 

I think that’s slightly inaccurate.  We were lucky not to concede goals against Huddersfield, Charlton and Rotherham so to say we were on top or equal in every game apart from yesterday isn’t true 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Plymouth - shocking 

Rubbish 

Charlton ... I agree

Donny  - a very poor side but had chances to make a game of it

Fleetwood - we played well in parts but flattered to deceive their manager was disappointed that they didn't draw.

Rotherham - could have been out of sight by half time and we were hardly well on on top in the second half

Morecambe - had a game plan and stuck to it.  We could played all day and not scored.

Plymouth - shocking

Need to beef things up urgently and stop leaving our forward so isolated.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We didn't have the run of the ball in front of goal against Charlton, Morecambe and Fleetwood either.  Lets hope we do against the Shrews, already we need to win to keep up with the pack when we should be setting the early pace. 

The run of the ball is over rated. It runs for those with the right skill set.

The ref was a problem yesterday, he gave us very little. We got penalised for physical contact, the opposition floored our players several times and he waved play on.  It had no effect on the first goal and we were poor throughout so it probably wouldn't have changed the result. It was noticeable though.  We will have to get used to it, decent referees are in short supply at this level.

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

The run of the ball is over rated. It runs for those with the right skill set.

The ref was a problem yesterday, he gave us very little. We got penalised for physical contact, the opposition floored our players several times and he waved play on.  It had no effect on the first goal and we were poor throughout so it probably wouldn't have changed the result. It was noticeable though.  We will have to get used to it, decent referees are in short supply at this level.

No doubt Plymouth fans thought the same about the ref

13 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Win - Moore's a legend

Lose - Chansiri's a moron

Let's not get like Newcastle fans chaps. 

Today's lack of performance was down to the manager, staff and players themselves. Nothing to do with the chairman. 

Unless, of course, it comes out that he hasn’t paid them again :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

i blame chansiri for relegation but that damage was done way back in 2016 , as for this season if it dont turn out well chansiri cant get the blame ,he has backed darren moore given darren moore full control of signings (1st time in 7 years a manager has got players in) lets give darren moore a chance but this squad should be at least top 6 he may need to make unpopular decisions as in dropping a certain player and change the way we set up . 

14 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Win - Moore's a legend

Lose - Chansiri's a moron

Let's not get like Newcastle fans chaps. 

Today's lack of performance was down to the manager, staff and players themselves. Nothing to do with the chairman. 

With respect mate its got everything to do with the Chairman. Were it not for his supposed financial wizardry we wouldn't be in this league and therefore not playing Plymouth yesterday. I can't believe that people are beginning to forgive him because he agreed too some free transfers hardly any of whom anyone in Sheffield had heard of. He had to agree them otherwise Ethel the laundry lady would have been turning out up front (probably still been better than Paterson). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

dont agree , charlton we should have lost i was there , doncaster they missed a pen and had 1-2 decent chances it could have ended 2-2 but thing we just about deserved the win , beat  fleetwood without playing well at all ,rotherham could have been 2-3 up at ht and peacock farrell saved us ,morecambe we had loads of possession but there keeper hardly made world class saves did he? just 2 shots 1 from gregory and mainly straight at him clipped the bar on another day we could have won , yesterday 5-0 would have been fair . we could easily have just 5 points if we had wildsmith in goal . its a shame we aint got  a game on tuesday as 2weeks training did nothing , its game time we need and hopefully a system change as 433 just dont look right its like we are playing with 10 men . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

With respect mate its got everything to do with the Chairman. Were it not for his supposed financial wizardry we wouldn't be in this league and therefore not playing Plymouth yesterday. I can't believe that people are beginning to forgive him because he agreed too some free transfers hardly any of whom anyone in Sheffield had heard of. He had to agree them otherwise Ethel the laundry lady would have been turning out up front (probably still been better than Paterson). 

That's not what I was saying. 

Darren Moore had the tools at his disposal to get the lads to put in a better performance than they did yesterday, but they didn't. Players at fault, manager and staff at fault. Nothing to do with the chairman. 

If you're talking about wider issues it's a different story, but he isn't to blame for the team having a bad day at the office.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Any fan who seriously expected us the go up this season really does need h their heads examining.

We released a shed load of players and signed 14? new players over a short time, now it could work out that those players MAY gel instantly, but it is more likely to take several month's.

I partly agree.

I never thought we were likely to go back up, and I still don't. (My prediction is 9th). Part of the problem, I think, is that some of our fans think our problems have been sorted and are now behind us, whereas the reality is that we're still wounded, as a club, by the mismanagement of the past few seasons.

I'm not sure it should take as long as several months for new players to gel, but equally I'm not convinced that many of the new players are quite the world beaters some seem to think. There's a reason they were sent out on loan or available for nothing.

I think some of us need a bit of a reality check, I'm afraid. You've only got to look at some of the 'big' clubs in L1 to realise that size, history and reputation do not give you the right to bounce straight back or entitle you to respect from 'smaller' clubs. We're no different, and we should expect more setbacks like the previous two games. It's how we adapt over the course of a season (or two) that counts.

• Like 1