Why are people so shocked?

Unless the chairman is getting actively involved in selections, tactics or not paying salaries again...or doing something else which is weird, then I think the blame has to be at the doors of the players, manager and coaching staff.

14 new players. Can't say he hasn't been backed.

As for the whole "yes" man thing:

Isn't this going to be levelled at pretty much any manager that is appointed, particularly when we lose a few? 

I agree that Moore needs to buck his ideas up (being a nice bloke only goes so far), but the whole "yes" man thing seems like a bit of a lazy insult to throw about.

35 minutes ago, morganowl said:

dont agree , charlton we should have lost i was there , doncaster they missed a pen and had 1-2 decent chances it could have ended 2-2 but thing we just about deserved the win , beat  fleetwood without playing well at all ,rotherham could have been 2-3 up at ht and peacock farrell saved us ,morecambe we had loads of possession but there keeper hardly made world class saves did he? just 2 shots 1 from gregory and mainly straight at him clipped the bar on another day we could have won , yesterday 5-0 would have been fair . we could easilave just 5 points if we had wildsmith in goal . its a shame we aint got  a game on tuesday as 2weeks training did nothing , its game time we need and hopefully a system change as 433 just dont look right its like we are playing with 10 men . 

You need to read the thread for context.  You and I are in the same boat.

Some major overreactions going on. 

Yes, it was a crap result and a crap performance. But I think fans really need to get back onto planet earth, this season was never going to be a cake walk. Some folk need to get over this “we’ve lost to little Plymouth,” mentality.

Overall we’ve had a positive start, and a positive preseason in the sense we’ve completely overhauled the squad. But that’s a lot of change in a short period. It might be a cliche but I do think it will take time for the squad to gel. We’ve played 6 games so far, with only one game that has been well below what we expect. 

Does any of this excuse Chansiri? No it doesn’t. But at least things are changing. That at least deserves some praise. Will the club keep it going? Only time will tell.

We are poles apart from where we were last season, and I think DM, the squad and the club deserve a little more time before fans start chucking the towel in. 

• Love 1

15 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Can't believe people are spitting their little dummies out, didn't you expect this or something? 

Chansiri has got us relegated on his watch yet people are forgiving him in their droves just because he's signed some players, ' yeah but everyone makes mistakes ' said some, ' he's learning ' and the famous ' be careful what you wish far' said others 🙂we only have Moore because he is a yes man and will bend over whilst Chansiri calls the shots....DM is no manager imo.

Who will come if he goes ? Probably no one because no one wants to work with an idiot running the show, did he really sack Pulis erm nope but he was forced too before he was embarrassed.

Club is still a joke in but pink shirts now.

and don't forget the season ticket refund scandal 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Agreed. DC has fully backed DM to an extent that many thought unlikely 2 months ago, yet there are so many willing to have a dig as soon as they get a chance. Moore has brought in some good players, the question is can he get the best out of them? ATM he's not convinced me he can but  we really won't know until he's had least 10-15 games. 

He may have brought in too many players over 11,  who all expect to play and there is no room!

28 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I partly agree.

I never thought we were likely to go back up, and I still don't. (My prediction is 9th). Part of the problem, I think, is that some of our fans think our problems have been sorted and are now behind us, whereas the reality is that we're still wounded, as a club, by the mismanagement of the past few seasons.

I'm not sure it should take as long as several months for new players to gel, but equally I'm not convinced that many of the new players are quite the world beaters some seem to think. There's a reason they were sent out on loan or available for nothing.

I think some of us need a bit of a reality check, I'm afraid. You've only got to look at some of the 'big' clubs in L1 to realise that size, history and reputation do not give you the right to bounce straight back or entitle you to respect from 'smaller' clubs. We're no different, and we should expect more setbacks like the previous two games. It's how we adapt over the course of a season (or two) that counts.

With the players acquired, we should be certs and maybe still are but it's  burden having poor selection of an XI ( too many choices?) and a midfield which depends on Adeniron or Longuo playing otherwise we are still feeble

I honestly can't remember where there hasn't been a large over reaction to 1 of our first handful of games

It happens every single season for as long as I can remember regardless of where we finished or who is in charge

Yesterday, especially that 1st half, we were as bad as any football team I've ever seen but we will play badly. We will play well. We will win games on the trot and lose games on the trot but 6 games is no indication of where we will finish

20 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Some major overreactions going on. 

Yes, it was a crap result and a crap performance. But I think fans really need to get back onto planet earth, this season was never going to be a cake walk. Some folk need to get over this “we’ve lost to little Plymouth,” mentality.

Overall we’ve had a positive start, and a positive preseason in the sense we’ve completely overhauled the squad. But that’s a lot of change in a short period. It might be a cliche but I do think it will take time for the squad to gel. We’ve played 6 games so far, with only one game that has been well below what we expect. 

Does any of this excuse Chansiri? No it doesn’t. But at least things are changing. That at least deserves some praise. Will the club keep it going? Only time will tell.

We are poles apart from where we were last season, and I think DM, the squad and the club deserve a little more time before fans start chucking the towel in. 

i dont get too high when we win or low when we lose , i could clearly see we are struggling to create chances and ive quoted many times that i think we will struggle to score many and that was before the morecambe game . i think we have many decent players and should be playing a lot better ,its the midfield what worries me ,the 3 yesterday should not all play together again . tidy short passing midfielders will not get promotion .  we have players who are very capable of doing very well and i dont agree with some that it will take 12 months to get it right , d moore has had massive backing on and off the pitch by xmas we need to be top 6 at the minimum or thats failure . 99% plus of our support like darren and lets hope he gets it right on the pitch . 

55 minutes ago, SiJ said:

14 new players. Can't say he hasn't been backed.

It's not like they're all top class players, though. Quite a few misfits and players who don't stand a chance of being regular starters at their home clubs.

Plus most of that business was done very late in the day, so a lot of those players haven't really had a proper pre-season together.

For me, this is the season where we start to find our feet again, a chance to press the reset button rather than become an immediate success.

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No doubt Plymouth fans thought the same about the ref

Maybe. I'm not one who always thinks the ref is against us but yesterday was blatant. I noticed it when one of our players  (I can't remember who it was) had the ball played to him, he had his back to their goal and just got barged in the back and sent flying, he was face down in the turf and the ref waved play on. 2 minutes later we had something much more innocuous given against us. I watched for it after that and it happened a lot.

I'm not suggesting we would have had a different result if the ref had been fair, we were poor from the first kick and didn't get anybetter until much later in the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

This division was never going to be easy, because the lads playing in it give 100%.

Many have come from non-league and they know how lucky they are to be playing professional football.

They might not be great technically, but they make up for that in effort.

So we need to match our opponents with endeavour.

We were just off it today, and they had the run of the ball in front of goal but we didn't.

Channers can't be blamed for today's result.

That is a massive let off,there was better(but entirely predictable) tactics from our opponents not just 'run of the ball' and an inability from DM in my view to either anticipate or adapt...

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's not like they're all top class players, though. Quite a few misfits and players who don't stand a chance of being regular starters at their home clubs.

Plus most of that business was done very late in the day, so a lot of those players haven't really had a proper pre-season together.

For me, this is the season where we start to find our feet again, a chance to press the reset button rather than become an immediate success.

It's League One, chief. 

You ain't getting top class players at this level. 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I think there should be no 'blame' necessary yet

Let's see what happens in the coming games before everyone clamours to sling blame all over the place

And if we haven't picked up in the coming games will you then jump on board, talons out?

14 hours ago, runningaround said:

overreaction the 2 goals were kids football mistakes as DM got 15 new get to 10 games and see?

I've not seen anything so far this season including the victories to suggest we get excited 

13 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Always amazes me how irrational football fans are when it comes to their clubs fortunes. When results go right apparently everything is great but when they go bad nothing at all is right at the club.

The biggest thing today was it was a bad day at the office with everyone underperforming at the same time, it’s one game not a pattern or trend. BPF got player of the month and has been playing well for NI as well, makes a mistake and we’re on the back foot after 8 mins. Yeah if it had been Dawson/Wildsmith they’d have got pelters but that’s because they do it every other week for us, whereas BPF has made one error and it happens.

We’ve got more than enough good players for this level, I don’t get all the posters trying to blame Chansiri.. just irrational nonsense. If he’d not signed the players then yeah, but he has. And most agree it’s a good and balanced squad and we’ve kept our best players.

We’ve played  8 games in all competitions this season and been equal or on top in all of them apart from today. So there’s evidence we’re doing ok overall, if we’d got the 3 points we deserved at Morecambe it wouldn’t have been such an issue.

We’ll be fine with this squad, top 6 for sure. The only variable is what the manager gets out of them because I think on paper we should be trying to win the league.. Moore needs to be more attacking though to do that, top teams in any league tend to score goals and put teams away in a lot of games.

I’d like to see 2 up front, we’ve got the players for it now and I’d go back to 4-4-2. Gregory/Kamberi/Paterson and Berahino/Windass should be good enough in a front two. The issue is then centre mid, we need Adeniran to play the Carlton Palmer role as I don’t think we have anyone else who can. Bannan and Adeniran should be fine as a 2 at this level. Our wingers would probably fit better too as a lot of them are more wide players than wide forwards which is what’s needed in a 4-3-3.

Wrong, yes today as you say it was a bad day at the office along with last week, but the fundamental issues with this club have been caused by the joker in charge....like I said l, here we are in L1 losing every week. ..facts.

10 hours ago, 83owl said:

Fake taxi?

Blown my cover but the joker slagging me off obviously couldn't get a hard on mate.

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I can’t believe Chansiri picked side and tactics, what an absolute joke eh 

I wouldn't be suprsied if he did still but in.

6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Any fan who seriously expected us the go up this season really does need h their heads examining.

We released a shed load of players and signed 14? new players over a short time, now it could work out that those players MAY gel instantly, but it is more likely to take several month's.

I said at the end of last season that it would take 3 window's before we began to see any lasting improvement's, I still hold that view.

As for the future of Moore?, he has not been here 12 month's but the turnover of players has been spectacular, I believe he will take us back to the Championship, but not this season.

Reasonable post, I for one didn't by the way, but loads have been getting carried away with it obviously with our start, I think we will do well to finish mid table but my point still remains....this owner has took  us to this level of expectation, like it or not .

5 hours ago, prowl said:

and you accuse other people of spitting their dummies out.

I can understand your attitude to DC to some extent, he is responsible for our relegation because of the way he ran the club, good intentions maybe but inept and got most things wrong.

On the other hand he has employed a respected manager and seems to have stepped back and let Moore get on with the job. Will he continue to do so? Who knows but so far it feels better than it did.

Am I spitting my dummy out though? Or am I just pointing out the obvious ? The fact that this dear leader of ours have us losing games at Morcombe and Plymouth now instead of Norwich and Leeds.

Okay he doesn't pick the team ( or does he? ) but he has got in this bloke from donny and remind me of his record since he's been here again? 

• Like 1

I think it’s crazy calling for Darren Moore’s head already! We have brought in 14 new players, it’s going to take time, we knew this before the season started, but I think the positive results we had at the start has given fans a false view on where we are. We were never going to challenge top two this season IMO, we’re in transition, but I still think this team is fully capable of getting top 6 once they click. 

At the beginning of the year people were calling for Paul Cook to get the job, and look how he is getting on at Ipswich, they are in the relegation zone! Had Darren Moore of started as poorly as Paul Cook has, it would have been an absolute meltdown on here, and they’re in the same situation as us, trying to bed in a whole new team. Some would also argue they have brought in better players than us too, and supposedly have a better manager than we do. 

We were very unlucky against Morecambe, we dominated that game, and should really have won that comfortably, but for poor finishing and decision making in the final third. It was a snatch and grab, and nobody can really say otherwise IMO. 

Yesterday was a poor result, there is no way of getting away from that. If we turn up like that, just expecting to win, it won’t be the first time this season that we will come away with a hammering. These players need to learn from yesterday, and Moore does too, and I am confident he/they will. You only have to look at Doncaster last season, Moore had them fighting autos at one stage, and they dropped like a stone once he left, and still dropping. 

Sacking Moore would be ludicrous, and would set us back even further IMO.

As for Chansiri, you can’t deny he has made some very bad decisions, and to date has a been a very poor owner. I am not a fan of him either, and wouldn’t be concerned if he decided to leave, but for now we are stuck with him. 

It does appear that he is allowing Moore full reign of transfers though, it’s clear these players are Moore signings, and not brought in by DC’s advisers, so that’s a positive change of direction for now. 

I’m confident we will have a good season, and may even sneak into the play offs, IF we stick with Moore. 

Sorry for the long rant, never really post on here, but can’t believe people are already jumping on the managers back after one poor defeat and performance. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1