Pizza Cup selection rules

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

It makes a mockery of the competition. It is a competition for those in League One and Two.

It is one step closer to PL b-teams. 

It is a crap way of making up for the fact U23 league football is rubbish.

There was a discussion about the competition on the radio a couple of years ago about whether the competition is a valid one. One point of view was it gives lesser team's and fans a chance of a day out a Wembley

42 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Exactly, would be good experience. And I bet most league 1 and 2 clubs who are mainstays of the lower leagues don’t have a problem with it as they get to see some up and coming talent from the big clubs.

Its only our fans who are complaining about it because they see it as undignified having to play the youth teams of clubs they see as peers size wise or even smaller than us. But reality is they’re 2 divisions higher for a reason..

if we don’t want to play in this cup we shouldn’t have been relegated to this league 

Absolutely spot on.

4 hours ago, Steelman said:

If it’s so demeaning and beneath us then we should win it easily shouldn’t we. And who doesn’t like a day out at Wembley. 

Completely wrong attitude mate. We are where we are for a reason. We’re a third division club for a reason. 

We should approach this as an opportunity to win some silverware and put the icing on the cake of what will hopefully be a promotion season. 

No room for a big time Charlie attitude from the club, players or fans.

I don't have a problem with playing in the competition, what is demeaning is that the kids from the top tier teams are included. 

They should leave it to the clubs of the football league, not a practice tournament to benefit the Premier League backups. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, tcuc3e said:

I don't have a problem with playing in the competition, what is demeaning is that the kids from the top tier teams are included. 

They should leave it to the clubs of the football league, not a practice tournament to benefit the Premier League backups. 

See what you mean….. and I agree completely mate👍🏼