your team v Fleetwood

After an extensive scouting mission (reading on here that they have a pretty short team) and seeing as we have another big game Saturday I would break the golden rule of keeping a winning team the same:

GK: BPF

RB: Hunt

CB: Iorfa

CB: Dunkley (for his extra threat at set pieces)

LB: Brown (for extra pace and left footer to help out Dunkley)

CM: Byers (I'd like Adeniran fresh for Saturday)

CM: Bannan

AMR: Green (I think he's the fittest of the attacking threat wide players we have, although I also think him from the bench against tiring players be useful if Sow or Theo fit to play)

AMC: Wing (Him and Bannan need to gell a bit more as they appear to be doing each others job rather than complimenting right now)

AML: Johnson (Not sure how fit/unfit Sow & Theo are right now)

STR: Kamberi (I thought he looked decent saturday and would like to see a bit more of him) 

The great thing is that we have a squad of players right now that even if I picked my second best option in each position the team would still be very strong, so rotation and use of subs rarely weakens the first XI. 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

So defensive. Why two full back cum wide midfielders at home?

because both are better wide players than Green? Brown was our best attacking outlet at Charlton, he then assisted the second on Saturday with his directness and pace. Who else? Theo wasn't even on the bench on saturday so that's a worry, Sow won't be fit and Green has done nothing the whole time he's been at the club. Think Brown is the best wide player we have fit currently

I know DM seems to prefer just one striker up top, but I would like to see Kamberi and Gregory start. 

For one forward on his own it is tough for him.

I think Kamberi and Gregory could form a good partnership and bring us a lot  of goals this season.

A lone isolated striker isn't going to score many and we will be relying a lot on goals from other areas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I know DM seems to prefer just one striker up top, but I would like to see Kamberi and Gregory start. 

For one forward on his own it is tough for him.

I think Kamberi and Gregory could form a good partnership and bring us a lot  of goals this season.

A lone isolated striker isn't going to score many and we will be relying a lot on goals from other areas.

I agree. I think our trouble is we are playing 433 but without 3 forwards. 

in that formation really it should be two forwards either side of a central striker so they naturally play close together, but so far we’ve been playing Brown, a left back by trade and Johnson, a left midfielder.  I’d like to see us play with a combination of 3 from, Green, Sow, Corbeanu , Kamberi, Gregory, Shodipo and tell them to stay as close together as possible. Let the attacking full backs provide the width. 

Edited by Southie_Owl