your team v Fleetwood

5 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I liked the look of Byers bit id leave the back four and middle three as is for a while longer. 
Front three…

Corbeanu             Gregory           Sow

Lets go at these with our most attacking wingers and we should win the game. We can then bring Johnson back and maybe put Adeniran on the right with Byers in the middle for the tough Rotherham game on Saturday.  Rotation to the attacking players will be the key this season.

I agree with this. The defence and GK need to be kept together as much as possible this season. Its years since we've managed to do that.

For the front 3 we have so many options. And this is the only place where I'd consider rotation. And because of this, if I was DM I'd insist on a very high workrate from my forwards, with a high press, with the inention of seeing them being subbed after 60-65 minutes, and rotated starts regaularly.

I would go into this game and play two upfront and kill the game before HT. We need a couple of ways of playing and I hope Moore does vary our tactics.

Kamberi played well on his own and I thought he would look so much better with a strike partner as he has good little touches that would be benefited from having support.

Would play wing backs

BPF

Iorfa              Hutch       Gibson

Hunt                                                                                        Brown

Bannan    Adrenian    Wing

Gregory     Kamberi

Edited by CourteenerOwl

12 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Same again please, no major changes needed

I think I agree as long as everyone’s fit. Palmer pulled up towards the final whistle yesterday after getting back and tackling one of the opposites, not sure if he pulled something or if it was just a bit of shíthousery to wind the clock down. Good for morale and confidence too, especially for the players who’ve shown flashes so far but haven’t done anything exceptional (Green, Kamberi, Wing). 

However, we’ve got a big game away at the chuckledome on Saturday, so it might be wise to get some minutes into the new lads’ legs. 

We’ve got so many options and so much strength in depth in this squad now, it’s incredible how well-balanced we look compared to previous seasons. Nice problems for the big man to have. 

• Like 1

I think what’s brilliant about this debate is we probably all agree on eight or nine of the starting line up. There’s two or three places up for grabs but loads of competition for those two or three places.

Thats a massive change from last season when they were all poo  and nobody deserved a shirt. 

Massive credit to DM for how he has turned this around....and players smiling at the end of the game.

• Like 2

We don’t know if Theo had a knock or just wasn’t chosen , so I’d be surprised to see him Start , difficult as will Moore like to rest a hutch or iorfa and give Gibson or dunkley a go ? 

personally I’d go with

BPF

Hunt

Iorfa

Hutch

Palmer

Adenrian

Bannan

Wing

Johnson

Gregory

Green

But to be honest any of the below could easily start :

paterson 

kamberi

Theo

byers

brown

dunkley

gibson

Sow

GK: Peacock-Farrell

RB: Hunt

CB: Iorfa

CB: Hutchinson

LB: Brown

DM: Byers

CM: Wing

CM: Bannan

RW: Green

ST: Kamberi

LW: Johnson

I'd be thinking of making 2-3 changes to keep players fresh:

Palmer got a knock near the end and with him and Hunt both pushing 30, they might need the odd midweek off throughout the season. Hopefully Brown will be a good attacking option for a game we're looking to win.

Adeniran looks like a star in the making, but he's 22, this will (hopefully) be his first full season and he had injury problems last year. If we want him covering every blade of grass at Rotherham it might be wise to give Byers some minutes. Byers helped change the game. And Adeniran will be on the bench in case anything is going wrong.

Hopefully Sow & Corbeanu will be fit enough to make the bench. I would expect 2 of the front 3 to play for an hour and then we make changes - e.g. Gregory, who probably isn't fit enough for a start yet, but another 30 minutes today puts him in contention for next week.

• Love 1

If Moore wanted to rest some players…

Peacock Farrell 

Hunt    Dunkley   Gibson    Brown 

Byers

Luongo       Bannan

Green       Kamberi      Sow/Corbeanu

Subs

Wildsmith 

Iorfa

Palmer

Adeniran

Wing

Corbeanu/Sow 

Gregory 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Farrell

Hunt, Lofra, Hutch, Palmer

Byers, Adenrian

Theo, Bannan, Wing

Kamberi

Defence looks solid but need to get Bannan up the pitch. For me Johnson and Green should be replaced

Not a chance in a deep flying playmaker moving further forward it just won’t happen Bannan will always play in a defensive position he starts attacks from the back 

Id go 

Farrel - Peacock

Hunt.          iorfa.             Hutch.           Palmer 

Bannan.     Adenine 

Wing 

Corbeanu.                                Johnson or Brown 

Gregory or kamberi 

can’t change the back five seem as they haven’t conceded 

not offended if byres comes in too with squad rotation 

and I want to see corbeanu get some minutes 

Not fussed on the forwards both have steaked a claim as have brown and Johnson for the left for me 

Same team as the team ha Doncaster, but play brown on the left and swap Johnson with green. 

play banana more forward at home when away drop him back, but no complaints from tbh so far. We’re playing well we just need to stay consistent which we have struggled with over the last few seasons 

2 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Interestingly Fleetwood appear a quite small team in height ; don’t think they have any players above 6ft in their 11 including cbs who just the one is 6ft . 

Lets get Dunkley on and give Hutch a rest. 

It’s a difficult one.  There’s logic to not making any changes - keeping with what worked on Saturday and getting 3 points v Fleetwood.  

It’s a long season and we don’t want to overplay the youngsters.  I’d be tempted to rest Adeniran and Green.  

Although not youngsters I would maybe rest Palmer if he has a knock.  Does Hutchinson need a rest - replace him for Dunkley or Gibson?

I’d start Gregory and sub him for Kamberi.  

It’s a fine balance but good that we have options and I don’t automatically think changing it makes us weaker (which I often felt last season).  Glad Moore is the manager and not me.

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

Same team as the team ha Doncaster, but play brown on the left and swap Johnson with green. 

play banana more forward at home when away drop him back, but no complaints from tbh so far. We’re playing well we just need to stay consistent which we have struggled with over the last few seasons 

Fruity

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

19 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

When Byers came on, he almost sat in the deep position Bannan takes up and it was little surprise that Bannan suddenly went higher. For me it's where he is most dangerous.

It'd maybe swap two players: Wing and Kamberi for Johnson and Gregory although I'd like to see wing out wide, as I think it's his best position, and Kamberi did little wrong for me against Donny. He's a pain-in-the-arse forward who will give opposition defences little time on the ball. Gregory will run at them all day long too.

However, to mix it up, how about:

BPF

Hunt, Iofra, Hutch, Palmer

Byers

Adenrian Bannan Wing

Kamberi Gregory

I like this formation with Byers and Bannan in those positions.