Loads of ‘good news’ this week

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That wasnt his point

The point he was making (at a time when everyone was jizzing themselves over the arrivals of all the new players last summer) was that the signings we were making would actually make us worse

He was right

They did

They were awful signings

We got relegated

I wouldn't say "everyone" was jizzing over the signings, it was absolutely clear we needed a striker and we signed anything but, the signings were not the only factor that led to relegation but one of a number.

17 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I wouldn't say "everyone" was jizzing over the signings

FFS mate - JUST ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG 

There’s no need at all to start heading down the ‘that didnt happen’ post truth bollllox

Just don’t even start that trick - it doesn’t wash - everyone knows the jizzfest happened 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think it took a football mastermind to realise that a team who started the season with minus 12 points, in awful form from the previous season and a rag tag bunch of cast offs as a "team" might just get relegated.

Despite which many people were fooled/misguided/a bit silly. 

I actually slagged off most of our signings last season, especially Kachunga and got absolute pelters for it, 'give him a chance ffs' etc.

If you sign players on a downward trajectory, that is usually where they take you - yes there are exceptions - but if that is all you are signing you are in trouble.

I am not naive enough to think we are going to sign players on the rise, but I am not going to do the 'happy dance' either when we sign them.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

FFS mate - JUST ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG 

There’s no need at all to start heading down the ‘that didnt happen’ post truth bollllox

Just don’t even start that trick - it doesn’t wash - everyone knows the jizzfest happened 

lol

A number of people were happy with the signings, others could see the shortfalls in the squad from a mile off, it wasn't a case of the majority of fans going into delirium whilst a couple of wise sages were looking on with scorn, not in any way whatsoever.

I'll say again - there was more to relegation than the poor signings.

Moving away from the endless cum references for a second and looking back at the OP. 
We have been so swamped with genuinely  awful news for so long now anything that isn’t actually terrible news does feel like good news. But you would have to be the most ‘optimistic’ (to the point of delusional) fan to think resigning a few youth players is going to take us up. At this stage I’d settle for not going down and hoping that once the crowds can go back and the wages bill starts to fall we start to look a bit more than of a going concern and someone will take us out of DC’s grip. But definitely no ‘jizzfest’ lined up for this year…

All this alleged 'good news' is simply the club managing to do (some of) the basic things that a football club needs to do to keep the lights on.

The bar for what constitutes 'good news' must be at an all-time low.

Literally the only possible actual good news would be that Chansiri is no longer involved with the club.

• Like 2