Loads of ‘good news’ this week

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Kivo knows more about this football club than anyone else I know

Black cloud? 
Nope

Diehard lifelong Wednesday fan who knows this club inside out, knows every player to the 'nth' degree, understands the youth teams and U23 teams as well as the first team - YEP

A fan who commands respect from those who know him? 100% YES

Doesn't make him right though.  There are probably other fans who could equally claim the same understanding of the club and are respected by those who know them but come to different conclusions. 

You really need to brush up on your logical fallacies.   You would also find it fascinating and give you a better grasp of how arguments are constructed, also try watching the Atheist Experience with Matt Dillahunty on  YT.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

Kivo: "Wednesday will get relegated"

*Wednesday get relegated*

Some mentalists: "Just because he said we'd get relegated doesn't make him right"

Neil: "But he was right"

Some mentalists: "THAT'S NOT THE POINT"

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Some mentalists: "Just because he said we'd get relegated doesn't make him right"

Absolute total ffoookinig lunacy isn 't it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

On 26/06/2021 at 16:56, @owlstalk said:

But it won’t get us promoted 

Not slating anything at all and it’s great to see the young uns sign for another year - very positive - but we need to ensure we don’t get sucked into a positive hype overdrive trap here

Now I know the uberfans and ultra positive fans will want everyone to get all excited and point to it as super good news which is fine and I’m not wanting to rain on their parade, and nobody should ever criticise them for getting happy about these contract extensions etc 

BUT 

It won’t get us promoted or improve us 

We need to improve and get promoted 

Thats all

Carry on everyone x

You need a holiday. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I don't think it took a football mastermind to realise that a team who started the season with minus 12 points, in awful form from the previous season and a rag tag bunch of cast offs as a "team" might just get relegated.

15 hours ago, Hornsby said:

For our youngsters, next season will be a great opportunity to show their skills.

But a sad reflection on state of club.

Not convinced it will be a great opportunity, if I’m honest.

Make no mistake, we’re rushing to sign up these lads because they will be the first team next season. However I’m not sure throwing a bunch of kids into first team roles, possibly before they are ready, and asking them to shoulder the weight of the club - possibly in a relegation fight - is a good idea.

We’re going to be playing a lot of youngsters next season. I think if 2 or 3 are genuinely up to it and kick on then we’ll be extremely lucky. If only 2 or 3 do then as a club we’re in trouble. With the responsibility we’re placing on them then I think we need 6 or 7 to come in and instantly hit the ground running, and I simply don’t think that’s realistic or fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Not really bothered either way, its a forum ffs.

You seem to make a habit of, shall we say, “going against the grain” on said forums.

I guess it could be coincidence, but ….

9 hours ago, Five Archers said:

I’m sure that was originally by the Dubliners in the early 60’s 

9 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Or at least that was the first version to become popular 

Didn't know they went back 300 odd years!

According to t'internet the song dates back to the 17th century!

7 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I don't think it took a football mastermind to realise that a team who started the season with minus 12 points, in awful form from the previous season and a rag tag bunch of cast offs as a "team" might just get relegated.

That wasnt his point

The point he was making (at a time when everyone was jizzing themselves over the arrivals of all the new players last summer) was that the signings we were making would actually make us worse

He was right

They did

They were awful signings

We got relegated

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Not convinced it will be a great opportunity, if I’m honest.

Make no mistake, we’re rushing to sign up these lads because they will be the first team next season. However I’m not sure throwing a bunch of kids into first team roles, possibly before they are ready, and asking them to shoulder the weight of the club - possibly in a relegation fight - is a good idea.

We’re going to be playing a lot of youngsters next season. I think if 2 or 3 are genuinely up to it and kick on then we’ll be extremely lucky. If only 2 or 3 do then as a club we’re in trouble. With the responsibility we’re placing on them then I think we need 6 or 7 to come in and instantly hit the ground running, and I simply don’t think that’s realistic or fair.

Agree generally mate.

But their agents tell them they are next Bellingham and can shine despite shyte show that was Brum then.

And they will, if really good.