Loads of ‘good news’ this week

It's not about being overly negative or overly positive.

For once, positive news has come out of the club. That can only be a good thing. 

We all know and agree that this doesn't mean that everything at the club now is all good happy and rosey. But it's a start. It just has to continue.

Also, who's to say those U23s won't be key parts of the team that does earn promotion? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it on that front (or say its nailed on either).

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But it won’t get us promoted 

Not slating anything at all and it’s great to see the young uns sign for another year - very positive - but we need to ensure we don’t get sucked into a positive hype overdrive trap here

Now I know the uberfans and ultra positive fans will want everyone to get all excited and point to it as super good news which is fine and I’m not wanting to rain on their parade, and nobody should ever criticise them for getting happy about these contract extensions etc 

BUT 

It won’t get us promoted or improve us 

We need to improve and get promoted 

Thats all

Carry on everyone x

You mean you’ll never win anything with kids. 

That old chestnut. 

It’s been so refreshing the young uns signing up and the new kit.  

Most of us are under no illusion as to the task facing us to turn this Club around.  It is monumental.  

I’m one of the most negative on Owlstalk because I care.  Like most I’d love to be in the position where the football is enjoyable again and we are ‘arguing’ / ‘debating’ as to our best team.  I’d love it to be all about the football.  

Still it’s been a good few days - crack open a beer, glass of wine or a J20 or whatever and let’s enjoy the weekend!  UTO

On 26/06/2021 at 19:42, s65owl said:

We signed the likes of Marriot, Brown, Kachanga etc who were supposedly all experienced first teamers at their respective clubs. None of those including a few others didnt cut  the mustard at Hillsborough. So I would say signing the youngsters up is more positive than signing  the likes of  those shower of shiite we had who relegated us, and a lot cheaper and hungrier. 

Nope 

Whilst it may turn out to be correct that doesn’t mean Kivo should have been burnt at the stake for saying those signings last summer weren’t going to be good enough .

He gave reasons, explanation, insights into why the players we were signing would make us worse

He was right 

We got relegated

Im right with my post too - these youngsters u23’s signing for one more year will not get us promoted

Saying that isn’t anti-swfc or negative in any way - it’s just fact  

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But it won’t get us promoted 

Not slating anything at all and it’s great to see the young uns sign for another year - very positive - but we need to ensure we don’t get sucked into a positive hype overdrive trap here

Now I know the uberfans and ultra positive fans will want everyone to get all excited and point to it as super good news which is fine and I’m not wanting to rain on their parade, and nobody should ever criticise them for getting happy about these contract extensions etc 

BUT 

It won’t get us promoted or improve us 

We need to improve and get promoted 

Thats all

Carry on everyone x

You are funny Neil. Honestly you make me smile.

No one posts more optimistic thread starters than you.

Brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't believe a word

For words can tell lies

And lies are no comfort

When there's tears in your eyes

Phil Lynott 1976.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is true but you get crucified for the one post that you make that (isn't negative) is the absolute truth

lol

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Don't believe a word

For words can tell lies

And lies are no comfort

When there's tears in your eyes

Phil Lynott 1976.

He also wrote:

Musha ring dumb a do dumb a da.
Whack for my daddy-o,
Whack for my daddy-o.
There's whiskey in the jar-o.

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I remember last summer when we started signing the new players and everyone was jizzing over it 

@KivoOwlposted (the truth) that the players like Jack Marriott and all the others we signed would get us relegated 

He got maximum hate for it

Got called negative, said he was stirring the pot, how he shouldn’t say such things.

He was right though 

We got relegated 

You were one of them!

Positive vibes and all that......

lol

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I have to mate

I'm forced to

If I don't join in with the jizz fests I'm called negative so...

Where are these latest jizz fests you refer to?

You've basically started a thread reminding people to continue to be negative. Don't think it was needed to be fair.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Where are these latest jizz fests you refer to?

You've basically started a thread reminding people to continue to be negative. Don't think it was needed to be fair.

I know this is a pre-cursor to you jumping on people and the things they say looking for an argument

All I'm saying is I've been to Mama Mia Pepe's in Hillsborough for a steak and Peroni's and have had many many MANY Peroni's

So.... 

DON'T

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is true but you get crucified for the one post that you make that (isn't negative) is the absolute truth

lol

Mate I love your positivity tho.

It's just that sometimes your tongue is so far in your cheek that you can barely talk.

Bless you 😃

Just now, Rev Owl said:

Mate I love your positivity tho.

It's just that sometimes your tongue is so far in your cheek that you can barely talk.

Bless you 😃

I am a positive person in reality

I love life

I love this club

I love seeing youngsters sign for us and have a bright and exciting new future ahead of them

All I'm saying is that it's not enough to get us promoted

If people want to criticise me for that then that's fine - but they best be prepared to stand up and tell us why I'm wrong and how we're going to get promoted this season by promoting the U23's

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I am a positive person in reality

I love life

I love this club

I love seeing youngsters sign for us and have a bright and exciting new future ahead of them

All I'm saying is that it's not enough to get us promoted

If people want to criticise me for that then that's fine - but they best be prepared to stand up and tell us why I'm wrong and how we're going to get promoted this season by promoting the U23's

We sign young uns up every year. It’s made sod all difference recently. It’s a fingers crossed job not a jumping for joy one. 

• Like 2