Those 18 points under Thompson were crucial

26 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

To add to this Moore has also had to prepare teams to face 6 of the current top 8. (While being ill for two periods of his time here as well)

Thompson had 2 of those in his time in charge. So with that taken into account I'd say it's about level between him and Moore as you wouldn't expect Wednesday to beat the likes of Norwich and Watford.

We were very much in both games against Norwich and Watford. In fact in all four games against them we’ve given a good account of ourselves which suggests we should be in a much better situation than we currently are but we’re sadly not 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim said:

We were very much in both games against Norwich and Watford. In fact in all four games against them we’ve given a good account of ourselves which suggests we should be in a much better situation than we currently are but we’re sadly not 😞

Yeah I'd agree on both points.

On 06/05/2021 at 07:40, sherlyegg said:

When you think about it...

The 6pt deduction, the pulis factor, players not paid, players out of contract, stand in managers, latest manager seriously ill, some players just not good enough (not their fault) and chansiri governing from 10000 miles away...

The players have done remarkably well.

Have a word with yourself eh. FFS.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2021 at 08:04, Ian_D said:

Shame he changed the system, in his last few games in charge, from attacking play to scared of losing play.

What gets me is that all managers since SG and including SB have at some point suffered from this teams negative, crap your pants negative football... FFS if we're just gonna play easy balls back/ sideways then what's the point in even employing professional footballers, as I reckon 80%+ of the able bodied fans on match day could quite easily do that...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Maybe we did, maybe we didn't, I'm confused as it's been a long and tedious season, hopefully with a good ending, fingers crossed 

He was mentioned but I'm not sure it was a popular idea.

Also If memory serves me right he was appointed on boxing day at Middlesbrough so he would only have been available a few days.

• Thanks 1

Just now, eightbelow said:

Suggesting that the players have done remarkably well, that's utterbollocks.

No it isn't, have a read up about how the club have been ran...most clubs would have been down by christmas...

And look up remarkably in a dictionary.....

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

No it isn't, have a read up about how the club have been ran...most clubs would have been down by christmas...

And look up remarkably in a dictionary.....

Yes, I know how the club has been ran, that doesn't absolve the players from their poor performances this season. Chansiri is ultimately responsible for this mess, however the lack of quality in the division and the squad we had should have seen us overcome a 6 point deduction. All in all in its pretty remarkable that we didn't.