Those 18 points under Thompson were crucial

9 minutes ago, poite said:

About time someone said it. I'm staggered at the amount of comments slating Neil Thompson alongside Monk and Pulis. Without the run of extremely good results we had under Thompson for that short period we would have been dead and buried weeks ago. Yes it fell off the tracks in the end but Thompsons contribution was as you say crucial 

Shame he changed the system, in his last few games in charge, from attacking play to scared of losing play.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Certainly were, as were some of the points Monkfish got us whilst still being under what we thought was - 12.

Pulis and Moore (his assistants) have given us no change in fortunes. 

Very harsh on moore i think considering he came in at the worst time, when most players attitudes and effort were increasingly worse. 

Also don’t forget he’s had a severe illness meaning he’s been away from the dugout at the most crucial point of the season. 

• Like 1

In reality it's going to be the Pulis period that relegates us.

We gave up during that period because of him. He probably showed the worst management in his long and mostly successful career with us (typical). Coming out after every game and saying we were not good enough and effectively waiting for January, the players stopped playing for him and were set up for 0-0 every game.

Get just one more win in the Pulis era we may have stayed up!!

• Like 4

Every time I look at the table I think about the Rotherham, Luton and Bristol games. 

I know I should be thinking about the Derby, Barnsley and Cardiff games. 

Football is a fantastic game because of the fine margins that make massive differences. That’s why I hate it! (But will love it if it goes our way Saturday). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Every time I look at the table I think about the Rotherham, Luton and Bristol games. 

I know I should be thinking about the Derby, Barnsley and Cardiff games. 

Football is a fantastic game because of the fine margins that make massive differences. That’s why I hate it! (But will love it if it goes our way Saturday). 

I always look at the table upside down, we've always been in the top 3,hopefully we'll slip to 4th come Saturday 

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

I always look at the table upside down, we've always been in the top 3,hopefully we'll slip to 4th come Saturday 

Genius. I have just tried it! I’m now all set for an optimistic and productive couple of days while looking forward to a good day on Saturday 😀

• Like 1

Wasn't it 15 points.

P11 W5 D0 L6.

He steadied the ship after 7 points from 10 games under Pulis.

Thompson's final game, the capitulation to lose at Luton from 2-0 up and Moore's first, the loss at home to Rotherham could be crucial.

Then again you could point to any one of our 23 defeats being crucial.