“It's been run like a Carry On film…” Say`s Chris Waddle...

Guest mrbluesky

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I mean I’ve just listed things we could be doing. And I’m sure if they could be bothered they would do the same.

Waddle gets asked question in the press and he answers. Why should he or any other ex player be expected to speak at length on what the chairman should be doing? The things are obvious.

Chris Turner has offered a number of possible solutions on social media before by the way

Hahaha Chris Turner.....brilliant.....the only example you can come up with hahaha

Guest Therealrealist

Can’t help thinking anybody still backing DC is one of these bots gettin paid by a pr company

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, Ian said:

I always hesitate to judge because I know a lot of people struggle to read but you probably need to read what I am asking again

Which ex players that are slagging off Chansiri’s running of the club (not picking the team) have done it themselves?

So basically your saying...just as DC has said many times..put up or shut up

By @Ian logic nobody can have an opinion on anything at all UNLESS they have been there and done it.

Therefore next time anyone on here even thinks about posting about the game at the weekend - remember your opinion is immediately pointless and invalid if you haven’t played professional football before.

I imagine this forum would be shut down very quickly.

lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

I always hesitate to judge because I know a lot of people struggle to read but you probably need to read what I am asking again

Which ex players that are slagging off Chansiri’s running of the club (not picking the team) have done it themselves?

Seems you need reminding what you posted...Quote:'

Are there any examples of ex players who have successfully done a decent job of running a club?

Niall Quinn at Sunderland springs to mind although not close enough to know how successful he was.

You yourself gave Sunderland as an example.......Seems you struggle to read yourself....Your last Q is a new one,and not the one you originally asked..

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

By @Ian logic nobody can have an opinion on anything at all UNLESS they have been there and done it.

Therefore next time anyone on here even thinks about posting about the game at the weekend - remember your opinion is immediately pointless and invalid if you haven’t played professional football before.

I imagine this forum would be shut down very quickly.

lol

You can’t slag off DC unless you have 200 mill to buy the club off him

3 hours ago, Ian said:

You’ve completely missed my point.....I wasn’t asking what you think needs changing but what the ex players would change.

As per the second part of my post, there is hardly a huge pile of examples of ex players who have done this successfully unless you can enlighten me to those that have

What does it matter?ex well respected players have CREDIBILITY when they critique how the Club is being run....they have no agenda,just a desire to see things run allegedly properly...

Come on Chrissy. Tell us you've got a buyer lined up.

When a high profile ex-player appears on national media, voicing stuff that all Wednesdayites already know, it makes you wonder why.  Please tell me there's something positive behind it and not just a £500 soundbite piece.

It's the hope that kills you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Guaranteed some fans will turn on club legends like Waddle rather than the chairman responsible for our demise.

Just like they did with Chris Turner and Carlton Palmer. 

Chris Turner, Wednesday legend. Hahahaha Good one.

On Palmer, when you say things like "Put me in charge, I'd get the fans back in and bring Howard Wilkinson or Big Ron in as a Director Of Football" one is 77 and the other is 82 by the way, you can see why some may mock. His entire managerial philosophy was based on two things he'd have no control over.

It's not a case that fans are turning on people, they just call out nonsense where they see it. It doesn't take away from their achievements as players or their status with the fans. But neither Waddle or Palmer are going to be the answer to Wednesday's many problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Chris Turner, Wednesday legend. Hahahaha Good one.

On Palmer, when you say things like "Put me in charge, I'd get the fans back in and bring Howard Wilkinson or Big Ron in as a Director Of Football" one is 77 and the other is 82 by the way, you can see why some may mock. His entire managerial philosophy was based on two things he'd have no control over.

It's not a case that fans are turning on people, they just call out nonsense where they see it. It doesn't take away from their achievements as players or their status with the fans. But neither Waddle or Palmer are going to be the answer to Wednesday's many problems.

Is this thread some kind of bizarre alternate universe?

Where has anyone said that either Waddle, Palmer or Turner are the answer to our problems?

They’re just three former players, three very popular former players, who have called out this chairman for his ridiculous running of the football club. 

Simple as that. Yet predictably people would rather focus on the individuals themselves rather than the bigger picture. 

Crazy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Guaranteed some fans will turn on club legends like Waddle rather than the chairman responsible for our demise.

Just like they did with Chris Turner and Carlton Palmer. 

Don't forget the disgraceful abuse that club legend, David Hirst’s family have had to endure...

44 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Waddle has said absolutely nothing that is nonsense by the way.

34 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

He hasn't, others have.

@TomtheOwl95 What relevance does that have to a thread about Chris Waddle then?

Edited by Westfield Owl

26 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Because Carlton Palmer was mention in an earlier post that I quoted.

Reyt, so we’re on the verge of relegation to League One, SWFC is up to its neck in debt, we don’t own any players worth selling/building our team around and the club’s infrastructure is Conference North standard.

Yeah, but Palmer said summat daft apparently.

Nice to see you’ve spotted what’s the most important issue.

Muppet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Reyt, so we’re on the verge of relegation to League One, SWFC is up to its neck in debt, we don’t own any players worth selling/building our team around and the club’s infrastructure is Conference North standard.

Yeah, but Palmer said summat daft apparently.

Nice to see you’ve spotted what’s the most important issue.

Muppet.

Never said it was a big issue, just a comment relating to a post that was already made .

Fully aware of the club's position and have said in other threads I don't see it ending well with Chansiri.

No need for name calling, it's a forum, not a playground. 

Edited by TomtheOwl95
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Never said it was a big issue, just a comment relating to a post that was already made .

Fully aware of the club's position and have said in other threads I don't see it ending well with Chansiri.

No need for name calling, it's a forum, not a playground. 

It’s a total none issue in relation to Chris Waddle’s recent comments.

Any chance we can get back on topic?