“It's been run like a Carry On film…” Say`s Chris Waddle...

Guest mrbluesky

Guest mrbluesky

Large.jpg

Wednesday are in a tough situation at present as they go into this weekend’s game against Watford while sat second-bottom of the Championship, and require somewhat of a miracle if Darren Moore is to lead them to safety.

In 2015/16 and 2016/17, the Owls spent big in their attempts to reach the promised land of the Premier League, but back-to-back Play-Off defeats saw them twice miss out on achieving their goal.

Now, with League One a definitely possibility for next season, Waddle has criticised the way that things are being run at Hillsborough.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, the Owls legend said, “I'm gutted for the punters… They deserve so much better and it would be nice to see the people at the top put their hands up.

“This is not about Darren Moore, Tony Pulis or even Garry Monk, it's about Chansiri. He needs to admit he's made a mess of the club.

“He threw his eggs in one basket when he came in, making a big statement, signing players for good money. They reached the play-offs for two years but since then it's been disastrous.

"It's gone from bad to worse; no investment, changing managers, no structure. It's been run like a Carry On film.”

Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle says he feels sorry for the supporters. The former Marseille and England man also went on to say,

“Look at Wolves and you can see the level of investment needed to produce a very good Premier League team,' adds Waddle.

“This chairman can't provide that. He would have been carried shoulder-high around the city if he'd taken them back to the Premier League but to be heading into League One is a joke.

“He's got to put the club first and move on but he's stubborn. I can see Wednesday being another Bolton or Wigan.”

Waddle made over 100 appearances in Wednesday colours in the 1990s, and is clearly at pains to see their current plight after what has been a tough few years in S6.

Thank you for reading this article, one of dozens we publish every single day to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and most informative coverage of YOUR club. This depth of coverage costs, so to help us maintain the high-quality reporting that you are used to from the football team at The Star, please consider taking out a subscription to our new discounted sports-only package. You'll find all the details at https://www.thestar.co.uk/subscriptions/sports

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not saying anything on this subject anymore

Waste of time

Some fans will read this article from a Sheffield Wednesday legend, dismiss it and continue to back this chairman

Yeah but if we keep on blaming the managers at least we have a better variety of people to have a go at.

Surely continually blaming the one person that is responsible all the time is going to be a bit boring and monotonous? I should know, I've been very critical of just one bloke and his meddling/actions/inactivity/fiddling for years and I think I really missed out on blaming all the managers/coaches and all the lovely mindless Carlos out, Jos out, Monk Out, Pulis In/Out rantings! So many people are doing it now, surely they cannot all be like sheep being led by invisible people on social media. Surely some of these arguments about Carlos destroying our club, Jos destroying our club, Monk destroying our club and Pulis destroying our club have some truth in them. Maybe they are all in it together.

lol 

57 minutes ago, daleblue said:

We can all rant and rave, but let's give our Chairman a bit of leeway before going off at the deep end. 

Yeah, just think of everything he has done for our club financially, football wise, public opinion wise and so on (it is a long list). He has taken us so far already, just imagine what a job he could do with our club if we just back him to the hilt for another 6 years! 

If anybody ever wondered what it would be like to have just one team in Sheffield, support the lovely man as much as you possibly can and he could definitely be the man to deliver. He has the stubborn self belief, determination and total lack of respect for anybody else that is needed for the job.

Go Chansiri go!

:Chansiri:

Guest mrbluesky
47 minutes ago, Daryl Catpiss said:

It was previously nuhiu. 

Atdhe was pretty big up front

And dead-ly  :ph34r:

To be fair this is what the majority of us have been asking for, a high profile ex player coming out and saying whats actually happened and what is happening, so fair play to the star and waddle for doing it, lets hope it picks up a bit of National coverage to