“It's been run like a Carry On film…” Say`s Chris Waddle...

Guest mrbluesky

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not saying anything on this subject anymore

Waste of time

Some fans will read this article from a Sheffield Wednesday legend, dismiss it and continue to back this chairman

Not me mate gone to Hillsborough since early 70s ,If he does not come out Chansiri and say ok Punters i got it wrong ,Which he will never do .Not a penny of my money will go to the turnstiles till he has gone ,And i know i am not on my own with these sentiments .The man is an arrogant dictating idiot .

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not saying anything on this subject anymore

Waste of time

Some fans will read this article from a Sheffield Wednesday legend, dismiss it and continue to back this chairman

I wish I'd stuck with my resolution of not replying to chairman worshipping, manager, player and coach haters too. It's made my brain hurt!

🤕 

54 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Not me mate gone to Hillsborough since early 70s ,If he does not come out Chansiri and say ok Punters i got it wrong ,Which he will never do .Not a penny of my money will go to the turnstiles till he has gone ,And i know i am not on my own with these sentiments .The man is an arrogant dictating idiot .

If ONLY more would think the same.....than he might get the message 

• Thanks 1

When I read these type of articles I always wonder what they would change....it's easy and obvious to say the current way is not working but what is the right way.

Are there any examples of ex players who have successfully done a decent job of running a club?

Niall Quinn at Sunderland springs to mind although not close enough to know how successful he was.

At least one name knocking about on this thread I wouldnt want anywhere near us from a management point of view......team or club!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

When I read these type of articles I always wonder what they would change....it's easy and obvious to say the current way is not working but what is the right way.

Are there any examples of ex players who have successfully done a decent job of running a club?

Niall Quinn at Sunderland springs to mind although not close enough to know how successful he was.

At least one name knocking about on this thread I wouldnt want anywhere near us from a management point of view......team or club!

Really? 

The right way just a quick one for you:

1. Put a management structure in place because what is currently in place leaves a lot to be desired. A CEO with experience like the vast majority (if not every) football club at this level and above have.

2. Don’t give the club it’s first points deduction in its history - too late on that one I guess.

3. Try not to put us in successive transfer embargo’s making it harder to compete and get the right players in to keep us in the league.

4. Sell players when they have value - most clubs at this level do this in order to operate and avoid points 2 and 3.

5. When fans are back - lower POTG and season ticket prices in line with the product being served. Which more than likely will be third tier of English football.

6. Try and get local business back on board and don’t price people out of the exec boxes for when football returns. Prior to Covid they were completely alienated.

7. Try not to publicly slate former managers and potential managers in the press. Just not the best PR.

Just a few off the top of my head! At the end of the day whatever he’s doing is simply not working as we’re hurtling down the League One which is shambolic considering what the chairman has invested. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really? 

1. Put a management structure in place because what is currently in place leaves a lot to be desired. A CEO with experience like the vast majority (if not every) football club at this level and above have.

2. Don’t give the club it’s first points deduction in its history - too late on that one I guess.

3. Try not to put us in successive transfer embargo’s making it harder to compete and get the right players in to keep us in the league.

4. Sell players when they have value - most clubs at this level do this in order to operate and avoid points 2 and 3.

5. When fans are back - lower POTG and season ticket prices in line with the product being served. Which more than likely will be third tier of English football.

6. Try and get local business back on board and don’t price people out of the exec boxes for when football returns. Prior to Covid they were completely alienated.

7. Try not to publicly slate former managers and potential managers in the press. Just not the best PR.

Just a few off the top of my head! At the end of the day whatever he’s doing is simply not working as we’re hurtling down the League One which is shambolic considering what the chairman has invested. 

Well someone had to spell it out for him...

27 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really? 

You’ve completely missed my point.....I wasn’t asking what you think needs changing but what the ex players would change.

As per the second part of my post, there is hardly a huge pile of examples of ex players who have done this successfully unless you can enlighten me to those that have

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well someone had to spell it out for him...

Another one missing the point but seeing as you are so clever I’ll wait for your list of ex players who have shown they are up for the job

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

You’ve completely missed my point.....I wasn’t asking what you think needs changing but what the ex players would change.

As per the second part of my post, there is hardly a huge pile of examples of ex players who have done this successfully unless you can enlighten me to those that have

Eh? Where are the ex players claiming they could takeover and do a better job? Or even why do you think they would want to?

They’re just pointing out the glaring things where we’re going/have gone wrong - like a typical fan.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

51 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Eh? Where are the ex players claiming they could takeover and do a better job? Or even why do you think they would want to?

They’re just pointing out the glaring things where we’re going/have gone wrong - like a typical fan.

And that’s exactly my point....easy to point the finger at what’s going wrong.....not so easy for them to say what should be done instead though.....and nye on unheard of for them to actually do it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Another one missing the point but seeing as you are so clever I’ll wait for your list of ex players who have shown they are up for the job

Well it would be a long list of football players who have been a success in management wouldnt it?...Howard Wilkinson,Trevor Francis as an example did an excellent job when he stepped up? Megson too,before them Derek DOOLEY,as to football in general...Be a very long list ....,Bill Shankley,Glenn Hoddle,Alf Ramsey,Don Revie,,  

52 minutes ago, Ian said:

And that’s exactly my point....easy to point the finger at what’s going wrong.....not so easy for them to say what should be done instead though.....and nye on unheard of for them to actually do it

I mean I’ve just listed things we could be doing. And I’m sure if they could be bothered they would do the same.

Waddle gets asked question in the press and he answers. Why should he or any other ex player be expected to speak at length on what the chairman should be doing? The things are obvious.

Chris Turner has offered a number of possible solutions on social media before by the way

17 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well it would be a long list of football players who have been a success in management wouldnt it?...Howard Wilkinson,Trevor Francis as an example did an excellent job when he stepped up? Megson too,before them Derek DOOLEY,as to football in general...Be a very long list ....,Bill Shankley,Glenn Hoddle,Alf Ramsey,Don Revie,,  

I always hesitate to judge because I know a lot of people struggle to read but you probably need to read what I am asking again

Which ex players that are slagging off Chansiri’s running of the club (not picking the team) have done it themselves?