Here's what Neil Thompson said after tonights game

All these pathetic excuses, leggy, too much travelling, too many games, their tired. 

Professional athletes are supposed to be fit. Good job they're not cyclists in Le Tour, they wouldn't last two stages. They weren't good enough, end of.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah well if they're paid £1000's per week that's it explained then

The amount of cash someone earns directly correlates with their ability to recover from elite athlete sports in a day or two

Not sure why we are bothering worrying about conditioning coaches, physios

We could just pay the players more - is that what you're saying?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

All these pathetic excuses, leggy, too much travelling, too many games, their tired. 

Professional athletes are supposed to be fit. Good job they're not cyclists in Le Tour, they wouldn't last two stages. They weren't good enough, end of.

Errrgggghhhh

This kind of post tho...

*throws up*

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Andy W said:

Yes

And they aren't elite athletes, they are journeymen.

They should be able to cope with 2 games per week, plus travel.

Hard work it ain't

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's great news!

We could maybe just pay a player more money when they're injured and then they could be fit again!

This is ace!

You should write to the club with your news

I don't think they would listen do you?

Money was only part of the post.. how about the part about luxury travel etc, its sheffield to bournmouth/millwall ffs not australia

Jesus!

4 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I don't think they would listen do you?

Money was only part of the post.. how about the part about luxury travel etc, its sheffield to bournmouth/millwall ffs not australia

Jesus!

No  need to worry about any of that if all you have to do is pay them more money!

Player feeling tired? GIVE EM A HUGE BONUS!!!

Like I say - write to the club and suggest it - it could save our season

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, Bob said:

Correct.  We have a squad, as a result we should use them.  

Says to me that Thompson is not the right man for the job.  

We need a proper manager in, end of.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

If the players were leggy after Bournemouth why not change the side? Squad is huge.

Yep. Rotherham made 5 changes today to ‘refresh’ their side. Pretty obvious after the recent run, our players would be fatigued, yet we made just 1 change to the side that iirc also started the previous 2 games this week. Down to NT today....

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No  need to worry about any of that if all you have to do is pay them more money!

Player feeling tired? GIVE EM A HUGE BONUS!!!

Like I say - write to the club and suggest it - it could save our season

Calm down and have a beer...its only a game.

Not sure you read the post correctly...I said they get paid £1000's per week (is this incorrect)

I also said that how can they be tired travelling from sheffield to bournmouth/millwall...unless they take turns driving maybe?

And nothing can save our season, as much as you agree with me its just us 2 against the rest

Just now, Andy W said:

Calm down and have a beer...its only a game.

Not sure you read the post correctly...I said they get paid £1000's per week (is this incorrect)

I also said that how can they be tired travelling from sheffield to bournmouth/millwall...unless they take turns driving maybe?

And nothing can save our season, as much as you agree with me its just us 2 against the rest

CALM DOWN

CALM..... DOWN.......

Chill out FFS

Calm down

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it totally can

Let's be honest before todays game we knew our lads were exhausted

When the team got announced I had a few niggly doubts that we had the energy still and that we would be a bit leggy but thought we might be able to scrape through it

We were clearly knackered physically and mentally

Changing the team wouldn't have been the right thing either which puts Thompson in a no win situation

Realistiically he needed to make changes to freshen it up a lot, but when you're on the run of form we've been on you'd not want to rock the boat would you

Let's give the players and management a bit of slack tonight

We were knackered on about the 30 minute mark and went downhill from there

It absolutely was tiredness

Exactly.

So he should have rotated the 11.

Very poor from NT today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We were found wanting a bit in the second half. We looked leggy.

We have to regroup. We have got to move on.

We knew that Millwall play direct football. I don't think Westy had much to do in the first half.

A really tough second half. We controlled the first half, but the penalty gave them the encouragement they needed and then the second half they made life difficult.

The penalty before half-time gave them that encourgament which they probably needed and they made life difficult for us in the second half no question.

They play very direct and they have got players you have got to deal with and we didn't deal with them.

The penalty was a big moment. I think Joey slipped, which was unfortunate but we have got to deal with that. We were more than in the game at half-time that's for sure.

Second half the other team are allowed to play and they played to their strengths and we were found wanting in the second half.

In my time as caretaker, the players have given me everything and we have got to regroup because we have got another big game on Tuesday.

Insightful Neil. Would rather have said we threw away three points and there has been a round of f@@ks issued. We were a shower second half and you will see a reaction Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

CALM DOWN

CALM..... DOWN.......

Chill out FFS

Calm down

Ok since you suggest that I'll try...thank you so.much appreciate your advise.

If only you knew.....