Who are the winners?

When I look at the side that turns out I always try and figure out who the winners are, and what that even means. This is unrelated to their talent or current form, or whether or not you actually like them, but the grit, not complaining, not moaning, shouting at the linesman (BB’s personal fave thing to do). 

So who are they and do we have enough of this type? I’ll get the ball rolling... Chey Dunkley. 3 games in a week after his horrific injury, first class commitment. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alb1owl said:

When I look at the side that turns out I always try and figure out who the winners are, and what that even means. This is unrelated to their talent or current form, or whether or not you actually like them, but the grit, not complaining, not moaning, shouting at the linesman (BB’s personal fave thing to do). 

So who are they and do we have enough of this type? I’ll get the ball rolling... Chey Dunkley. 3 games in a week after his horrific injury, first class commitment. 

So this is just another Bannan bashing thread?

Ok

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

On that definition Pelupessy, works hard, never injured, never complains, does the dirty jobs. May lack talent and I'm not saying he's a great player but he meets your definition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Nothing against Bannan. But Dunkley would be a better captain 

I said the same earlier but he needs time to settle in and get to know everyone. He's got the personality and looks a good organiser, I just don't like handing the captaincy to new players. Give him time and he will get to be captain.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Another one

I could just as easily not have included BB, but it helped define what I meant. 

Deriding the officials is done in victim hood. BB is technically excellent, I’ve mentioned where I think he lacks before.

Who gets on with it, doesn’t complain, digs in, scores a winning goal just a couple of days after making a mistake and being smashed for it? TL did. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alb1owl said:

I could just as easily not have included BB, but it helped define what I meant. 

Deriding the officials is done in victim hood. 

The other day we were having post after post after post from someone screaming out that our players  weren't doing that at all and should be

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The other day we were having post after post after post from someone screaming out that our players  weren't doing that at all and should be

Not from me.

I think it is undeniably unproductive to react that way. But this is not about just BB, plenty of players are guilty of that too! 

I want to know who the winners in the team are, because after the week we’ve had they clearly exist. 

Gunna stick my head up here and say yes to Dunkley as captain, normally I reckon it’s a player who has been around the team for a season or two but, once in a while a player walks through the door and it’s instantly noticeable they are captain material, Lions, Pearson? Chey could be the next real leader