28 years supporting the club

6 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

The ‘should have seen us in the 70s ‘ brigade..need to stop sayin this...we know we wer worse but it has no relevance to this day and age..where it’s 36 quid to get in to watch millionaire footballers

"the 70s ‘ brigade..need to stop sayin this"         

No we don't, It does have relevance to most of those that were there....the relevance for me is that it gives hope things will turn around, also that it's hardened me to failure, yeah it can hurt but life goes on & besides all that it let's me like the blue bodied white sleeved shirt we wore, we wore it for the first 6 or seven seasons I watched us, it seemed like our shirt then....I do prefer the stripes though but not by much. I'm glad I went through it, away days with the Owls were something special then, just watching Wednesday at any time is special......it's in't blood tha knows.

Like several other people on here, I would agree that the current squad is still better than the various squads from around Christmas 1974 until Jack Charlton arrived early in  the 1977/78 season.

You have to consider that in 1976, we were in the third tier and just one match away from dropping into the Fourth Division. We finished above "sleeping giants" like Colchester, Aldershot, Southend and Halifax (beating Southend 2-1 in the final match of the season - a "winner take all" fixture - to finish one place above the relegation places) with teams like Chester,  Grimsby, Mansfield and Chesterfield finishing way ahead of us in the league.

Bleak days indeed.

‘Anyone the thinks Sheffield United players are better ours, doesn’t know what they’re talking about.’

Appreciate they’re having a terrible season. But my message to Chansiri would be, if you live in a glass house, you shouldn’t throw stones 

Guest LondonOwl313
11 hours ago, qantas said:

"the 70s ‘ brigade..need to stop sayin this"         

No we don't, It does have relevance to most of those that were there....the relevance for me is that it gives hope things will turn around, also that it's hardened me to failure, yeah it can hurt but life goes on & besides all that it let's me like the blue bodied white sleeved shirt we wore, we wore it for the first 6 or seven seasons I watched us, it seemed like our shirt then....I do prefer the stripes though but not by much. I'm glad I went through it, away days with the Owls were something special then, just watching Wednesday at any time is special......it's in't blood tha knows.

It’s no more relevant than judging how we were in 1900 because it’s before most of us were born and the world and football is very much different. Given what people pay to watch us now entertainment is mandatory 

On 28/11/2020 at 17:06, FreshOwl said:

We have no passages of play, absolutely zero identity. 90% of them don’t look like footballers, and that is not an exaggeration.

I would go 98%..

And that is the fault of 'coaches'.

The number of decent young footballers turned into safety first machines is foookin horrendous.

17 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I would go 98%..

And that is the fault of 'coaches'.

The number of decent young footballers turned into safety first machines is foookin horrendous.

Absolutely. Footballers have become robots. The fear of making a mistake has been engraved into them.

Its why you see so much pointless passing between the back four.

Half the time it’s not to ‘unlock defences’, it’s because they’re petrified of making a mistake 

• Like 1