28 years supporting the club

Our composure and general quality has fallen off a cliff since 2017.

We can barely string three passes together in the opposite's half - no creatively whatsoever.

It looks like we'll need to keep a clean sheet and rely on a rare goal from open play; set piece or penalty to win the games we'll need to stay up.

It's grim and thank god we don't have to go and witness it personally.

Just now, Emerson Thome said:

7th March 2004

Chesterfield 3 vs Sheffield Wednesday 1

GK: Ola Tidman

RB: Derek Geary

LB: Jon Beswetherick

CB: Dean Smith

CB: Graeme Lee

CB: Leigh Bromby

CM: Brian Barry-Murphy

CM: Alan Quinn

CM: Adam Chambers

ST: Jon Shaw

ST: Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu

tenor.gif.32312e40a62a4b14ead891bddef49f73.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nothing to do with DC 

Look at that crop of poo on the pitch 

It’s recruitment who need to take the majority of the blame 

What on earth were they thinking assembling this side together? 

Of course it’s to do with him . He’s ran the show all along . He’s sanctioned these dire players , he sanctioned the signing of crocks like abdi . He’s jumped into bed with morons like stuffing face , jos etc etc . He still hasn’t employed decent football men to run the club 5 years on . It’s so let down to him . 

we have assembled this crap squad because it’s all we can afford / attract because the utter ******** up that chansiri has made of running the club 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest hirstysfags
19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've been telling people this for months now

It's the worst Championship side we've ever assembled

Worse than the days of Taylor Fletcher and co.

I miss Trevor Francis.

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Nothing to do with DC 

Look at that crop of poo on the pitch 

It’s recruitment who need to take the majority of the blame 

What on earth were they thinking assembling this side together? 

Who hired the recruitment team? 

We can’t keep blaming managers, players, physios, recruitment teams etc. 

At the end of the day chansiri is responsible for running the club. He should put the foundations in place in order that we can be successful. 

He hasn’t put any foundations in place other than a dodgey advisor 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me the 03/04 year in League One was worse. At least now we have a game plan. If we get a forward with some pace in January we might have a shout.

I notice Gary Taylor-Fletcher has been mentioned a bit recently. I think people forget he had a one month loan and played four games; at the time he was neither here or there. I think if we sign his modern equivalent now he’d be a regular starter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

For me the 03/04 year in League One was worse. At least now we have a game plan. If we get a forward with some pace in January we might have a shout.

I notice Gary Taylor-Fletcher has been mentioned a bit recently. I think people forget he had a one month loan and played four games; at the time he was neither here or there. I think if we sign his modern equivalent now he’d be a regular starter.

If we re signed him , he’d be a regular starter . As would mamady sidibie 

25 minutes ago, keefdave said:

The Burtenshaw/ Ashurst era was very bad, but this is getting there.

Funny that. The Len Ashurst era is always my calibration point as well.

Maybe that's why Wednesday fans are capable of putting up with the dross we are served up season after season, we're inured to it??

1 minute ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

Your definition of game plan must be much looser than mine 

It looks like the game plan is punt it upfield, and hope someone might be there! 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Your definition of game plan must be much looser than mine 

It looks like the game plan is punt it upfield, and hope someone might be there! 

I think the plan is to organise well at the back and look for chances on the counter and from long throws. It is searching for crumbs, but I don’t see that we’ve got the squad to do much else.

The 03/04 side reminded me of games in the park as a kid where everyone just played where they wanted.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

7th March 2004

Chesterfield 3 vs Sheffield Wednesday 1

GK: Ola Tidman

RB: Derek Geary

LB: Jon Beswetherick

CB: Dean Smith

CB: Graeme Lee

CB: Leigh Bromby

CM: Brian Barry-Murphy

CM: Alan Quinn

CM: Adam Chambers

ST: Jon Shaw

ST: Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu

I went to that match, it was utterly terrible.  But at least we had a shot on goal!

Just not bothered...

26 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

...or, a point against one of the strongest teams in the division.

We've just got two points from two fixtures which, bearing in mind what we have on the pitch, should have yielded no points.

We're not going to climb the table playing against the likes of Swansea and Stoke.

If we're playing like this against the weaker teams when we've got pace up front, then we're doomed.

But I don't think that will happen.

Agree. Strange that the mood is completely different on here than it was after Swansea match which produced an identical result.

There seemed to be an air of cautious optimism on Wednesday that’s been replaced by total doom and gloom.

In the unlikely event of us thrashing Reading I guess we’ll all be optimistic again.

The joy of being a Wednesdayite, eh ?

Its the 

2 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

think the plan is to organise well at the back and look for chances on the counter and from long throws. It is searching for crumbs, but I don’t see that we’ve got the squad to do much else.

Interestingly Derby, Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham all also drew today. All had more possession, more shots, more shots on target than SWFC.  I refuse to accept any of them have a better squad than us. You don’t have to play negative, safety first formations and rely on set pieces to score to compete in this league and get results.  

• Like 1