28 years supporting the club

54 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Interestingly Derby, Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham all also drew today. All had more possession, more shots, more shots on target than SWFC.  I refuse to accept any of them have a better squad than us. You don’t have to play negative, safety first formations and rely on set pieces to score to compete in this league and get results.  

Derby do. Coventry and Rotherham both have strikers that score goals at least. 

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

7th March 2004

Chesterfield 3 vs Sheffield Wednesday 1

GK: Ola Tidman

RB: Derek Geary

LB: Jon Beswetherick

CB: Dean Smith

CB: Graeme Lee

CB: Leigh Bromby

CM: Brian Barry-Murphy

CM: Alan Quinn

CM: Adam Chambers

ST: Jon Shaw

ST: Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu

That squad nearly took us into the 4th tier and some people think it's bad now. Definitely my worst season supporting wednesday.

• Like 1

As boring as they match was, that’s nowhere near the worst Wednesday side we’ve had in 30 years.

Cast your mind back to 2004, stood in the pouring rain on the away end at Saltergate watching Chesterfield play us off the park in a 3-1 win.

This was the side, far far worse than that one today:

Sheff Wed: Tidman, Geary, Beswetherick, Dean Smith, Lee, Bromby, Quinn, Chambers, Barry-Murphy, Shaw, Ndumbu-Nsungu.

Subs: Poulter, Brunt, Wilson, McMahon, Wood.

• Like 3

Pulis said in his press conference when he arrived that he is going to be straight talking and won't just tell the chairman what he wants to hear. 

Alot of these players are going to be on there way in January. I am expecting loads of ins and outs. And I got a feeling Pulis is someone who will get his own way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pussface said:

tbf it was a very understated start under Bruce, yet he guided us to safety and acquired Hector who made a big difference. Maybe Pulis too will surprise us in the window.

Jos brought in Hector, Bruce brought in Aarons and Lazaar on loan when he came in

1 hour ago, Errol Flashman said:

Jozwiak, Ibe,  Kazim-Richards,  Godden, Walker, Lapado , Waghorn, Kashket 

All would get a game up front for us and be better than what we've got to pick from up there.

Really? Haven’t seen a single thread suggesting we should’ve signed Jozwiak,  Godden, Lapado, or Kashket in any recent transfer window. Nor did I see widespread disappointment before we signed Rhodes, Kachunga, Marriott or Paterson. Funny how some Wednesday fans hate our players after we sign them and covert  players when they play for our rivals 

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Derby do. Coventry and Rotherham both have strikers that score goals at least. 

Could that be because they are attacking teams who try to win games rather than not lose them ?  I could understand the negativity if our strikers we missing chances or not getting on the end of dangerous opportunities but our strikers are currently chasing aimless long balls or challenging for 50/50s. In my opinion we create next to nothing due to the tactics and formation of the current and previous manager. 

• Like 1

Think pulis said a lot without saying much in his after match interview 

"This is going to be a tough gig"

"Hopefully we can bring 2 or 3 in "

A blind man can see whats needed, TP 

In my opinion is biting his tongue regarding the quality he has inherited.  

I will be amazed if Monk gets a job at this level ever again 

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, the monk said:

Think pulis said a lot without saying much in his after match interview 

"This is going to be a tough gig"

"Hopefully we can bring 2 or 3 in "

A blind man can see whats needed, TP 

In my opinion is biting his tongue regarding the quality he has inherited.  

I will be amazed if Monk gets a job at this level ever again 

TP will have known all about the ‘quality’ he was about to inherit...he hasn’t been living on mars

3 hours ago, westys understudy said:

January can't come quick enough,some fresh faces hopefully we have some room to maneuver with ffp 

But we won't get any in, will be the last day of the window when we bring in 1 or 2 unfit loan signing.

DC keeps charging rip off prices for everything and doing the team on the cheap. No real investment in the squad has happened for 3 seasons.

Under his leadership the club continues to slide to league one, he still thinks he is doing a good job. He hasn't even filed the accounts for the 2018/19 season yet nearly 18 months after the season finished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But we won't get any in, will be the last day of the window when we bring in 1 or 2 unfit loan signing.

DC keeps charging rip off prices for everything and doing the team on the cheap. No real investment in the squad has happened for 3 seasons.

Under his leadership the club continues to slide to league one, he still thinks he is doing a good job. He hasn't even filed the accounts for the 2018/19 season yet nearly 18 months after the season finished.

Do you honestly recon Pulis will let DC wait that long before letting him sign a player.

lol

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Do you honestly recon Pulis will let DC wait that long before letting him sign a player.

lol

It's does matter what Pulls wants, DC has not got a clue, he proves it every transfer window.

He will probably disappears back to Disney Land when we should be signing strikers and midfielders who can pass a ball and score the odd goal.

It looks worse than it is .. imagine that we didn’t have a goal to aim for . The ball would be passed around aimlessly because they know there is no end result ... we don’t have a centre forward to aim for right now .. a target man or men hence the ball just gets moved around in hope.. no excusing, just explaining 

Just now, room0035 said:

It's does matter what Pulls wants, DC has not got a clue, he proves it every transfer window.

He will probably disappears back to Disney Land when we should be signing strikers and midfielders who can pass a ball and score the odd goal.

Bruce got what he wanted to a degree didn't he. Including a month long holiday before he joined.

Tony Pulis will aswell.

• Haha 1